HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crosbyless Refguins Crush Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2011, 10:35 PM
TheBuriedHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiptanaka View Post
Logical fallacy my friend. Being on a great team doesn't in any way negate the role of the goaltender, which is what it all boils down to. It's quite funny that people here still question MA Fleury's pedigree by holding him to a playoff loss last year and a WJC loss several years ago. Well, Patrick Roy once gave up 6 goals in a Game 7 Conference Finals game before the 2nd period had ended. Dominik Hasek once gave up an overtime Game 7 goal to Darius freaking Kasparitis. It happens to the best of them. Go back and watch games 6 and 7 of the '09 Stanley Cup Finals and remind yourself how Fleury stole the show on the biggest stage in hockey. When Price has accomplished half of that, give me a ring.

Give you a ring? So your Logic goes Niemi > Miller. It fails, go away. Post with your fans, why do you come here looking for a fight? Are you that sad? Looks like it.

Old
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
No that wasnt lame, it was original. If Fleury would have come up with his own shtick, it wouldhave been better. Reminds me when I was a kid and id tell another kid he stunk and hed reply no u stink. Lame and so was Fleury.
Not comparable at all Jack.

It is more like if you everytime you beat me in poker you said something like "Yeah some guys just know how to win and some guys are just losers." And one day I hand you your ass, and say "Yep Jack some guys just know how...."

It's not supposed to be original. It's saying....see you say this or do this like you are so hot....

Old
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
I'm convinced you don't even like this team. All you do is point out hypocrisy and put down our players. Go cheer for a team who will cheer for both sides and let everybody win. It's a sports team, of course we're going to cheer for our team.. and on the same end why wouldn't we be upset when someone does it to us?

If you're playing a game of risk do you not invade your friend because it would upset you if he invaded you? You are a very silly person.
Which player did I put down? Answer that.

I wasn't upset because it was in response to our goalie doing it. I have no issue with Price doing the pose...but if you gonna dish it out, you better learn how to take it. Clearly you, along with some other Hab fans can't take it.

I'm a fan of the team, but I'm not stupid either...I call it how I see it.

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Heh. Typical of how goalies are evaluated by clueless people: with what their team happened to win when they're in goal.

Listing their teams' accomplishments is largely pointless. The important thing is whether they stop pucks, and in that category, Price is a better goalie than Fleury. With his performance this season Fleury's career save percentage has inched up to .908. For Price this would be considered a subpar season (.905 was considered an epic disaster for him).

Using team accomplishments to evaluate goaltending is the silliest cliché there is. I wish more people would stop and think about it for a minute, because it makes no sense. But people don't and it's going to make Chris Osgood into a Hall of Famer.
Agreed through and through.

QFT

Old
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Habs win the next one, Price should re-act the Fleury WJC give-away that cost us the gold.
How awesome would that be? Pretends to clear it, goes diving to save. Just lays face down for like 2 minutes!

Oh god! That's making me so happy just thinking about it

Old
01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidema View Post
It was childish from Price and childish from Fleury.

Bet you enjoyed Fleury's though.
To me this says new rivalry that's all. Love it, before it was Crosby, now it has PK, Price and Fleury involved too.

All of Pennsylvania is going to hate the Habs!

Old
01-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
To me this says new rivalry that's all. Love it, before it was Crosby, now it has PK, Price and Fleury involved too.

All of Pennsylvania is going to hate the Habs!
Exactly. It's brewing a rivalry. I love it.

If the tables were switched we'd all be like OMFGZ PRICE LOL!!! IN UR FACE FLEURY!!!

Old
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfish12 View Post
LOL at they guy listing Prices accomplishments. I mean its awesome and all he has world junior gold, but so does half the NHL. If you want to compare goalie trophies, neither has won a vezina or jennings. But Fleury does have a cup and Price does not. So as far as it goes Fleury-1 Price-0

WHAMMY
I could have a won a cup that year playing in nets with that team in front of me!
You make it sound like no other number 1 or 1B goalie wouldn't have won that year with the way Crosby and more notably Malkin played that playoff

Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aud Won View Post
Was it lame when price mocked the pens last week? NAH, you enjoyed that.

Big win for our penguins!
Did Price mock the Pens?

Honestly, I have zero problem when a goalie express himself, showing off a bit after a shootout win. Those things have little to do with the opponent. But when you intentionally do an immitation, it's clear you are mocking the opposition. That's the difference.

Old
ILUVTHISGAME

I miss Gorges

Old
andy28

Quote:
Well what if Habs beat the Pens next game?

Honestly, like I said, this would have been over if the Pens were classy and took the high route. But they didn't and I didn't expect them to.
No its over now. Price got the tit for his tat. Pens will have to start it next time. If Price starts something, he is setting himself up again, since Fleury was only responding.

Old
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Brodeur would have never done Fleury's imitation.

That's why Brodeur is considered up here as a person.

And Fleury is down here.
Seriously?

Off the ice, Brodeur is a noted *******. Read press clippings about him from back in the Spring of 2003.

Old
01-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I could have a won a cup that year playing in nets with that team in front of me!
You make it sound like no other number 1 or 1B goalie wouldn't have won that year with the way Crosby and more notably Malkin played that playoff
If you really think Fleury had no impact on their cup win you should stop watching hockey. Yeah I don't like Fleury, but during that run (MOSTLY the Detroit series) he helped that ALOT.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-12-2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Play nice
Old
01-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Old
01-12-2011, 10:39 PM
macavoy

I can't believe so many of you are upset at what Fleury did, I thought it was pretty cool. I also liked Prices but I don't see a reason to get all but hurt cuz Fleury did it back mockingly, its kinda funny.

However going to the main board and trying to attack the team and throw it in their face that we beat them in the playoffs last year when we haven't won the cup in 18 years and they just won 2 years ago was kind of pathetic imo.

Old
TheHabMan43
You'd Better RUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aud Won View Post
But that's more than what Price has accomplished at the NHL level, eh?
Really?

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post
Seriously?

Off the ice, Brodeur is a noted *******. Read press clippings about him from back in the Spring of 2003.
7 years ago?

Everything I have ever read or heard about Brodeur has lead me to believe that he exemplifies class.

7 years ago? I don't know. A lot can change in a person's demeanor in 7 years and I might have been too young to remember that.

Old
01-12-2011, 10:40 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
oh god... here we go

Old
01-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I can't believe so many of you are upset at what Fleury did, I thought it was pretty cool. I also liked Prices but I don't see a reason to get all but hurt cuz Fleury did it back mockingly, its kinda funny.

However going to the main board and trying to attack the team and throw it in their face that we beat them in the playoffs last year when we haven't won the cup in 18 years and they just won 2 years ago was kind of pathetic imo.
Everyone here sounds like 5 year olds. "Oh my god he mocked us waa" Guys grow up a bit, stop being so damn biased.

Old
01-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Gary320

Quote:
7 years ago?

Everything I have ever read or heard about Brodeur has lead me to believe that he exemplifies class.

7 years ago? I don't know. A lot can change in a person's demeanor in 7 years and I might have been too young to remember that.
Marty is noted to still being a complete ****** bag.

Old
macavoy

Quote:
Brodeur would have never done Fleury's imitation.

That's why Brodeur is considered up here as a person.

And Fleury is down here.

lol and the next thing your going to tell me is that Wayne Gretzky is a D- as a human being because his wife bet on sports, he knew Rick Tochet, Bruce McNall and got paid $8m to coach the Yotes.

Old
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
No its over now. Price got the tit for his tat. Pens will have to start it next time. If Price starts something, he is setting himself up again, since Fleury was only responding.
It won't be over. Not if the media brings it up again. And you know they will to sell the game.

Still, it's pretty weak that Fleury was responding given that he wasn't even playing last game.

Old
01-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
It won't be over. Not if the media brings it up again. And you know they will to sell the game.

Still, it's pretty weak that Fleury was responding given that he wasn't even playing last game.
It started in last year's playoffs.

Old
01-12-2011, 10:43 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
Mmmmm, I would think it would be lame if he did something completely different. Like what's that about. What's he doing.
Hed be coming up with his own material as opposed to being lame

Old
01-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Nidema

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
lol and the next thing your going to tell me is that Wayne Gretzky is a D- as a human being because his wife bet on sports, he knew Rick Tochet, Bruce McNall and got paid $8m to coach the Yotes.
Well since multiple people have brought it up, I guess I was wrong about Brodeur.

I don't ever remember anything bad about him. Still, I reiterate my position that I don't think Brodeur would do what Fleury did. My respect for Brodeur is still orders of magnitude higher than Fleury, on and off the ice.

Closed Thread