HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avalanche:Rangers

Old
01-13-2011, 03:24 AM
jaberma1

vCash: 500
Avalanche:Rangers

I propose this scenario if we cannot get Brad Richards. I do not beleive that the Rangers will get any far without a dominant first line Center. Chi had Towes Pitt had Crosby Det had Datsyuk you get the picture.

To Col
'Evgeny Grachev
Chris Drury
Ryan Callahan
1st Round Pick
To NYR

Paul STastny

Adam Foote

4th round Pick

Last edited by jaberma1: 01-13-2011 at 03:31 AM.
jaberma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 03:27 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Um, why would the Avs do that?

You only gave positive reasons for the Rangers. Now here is a Stastny trade that makes sense:

To Avs:

Derek Stepan
Mike Sauer
1st round pick

Maybe more. Stastny is a 25 year old, PPG, olympian center. We won't get him for a salary dump and a struggling 20 year old.

01-13-2011, 03:33 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

For some reason people continue to toss drury's name into proposals like it actually will happen. A lot of the time its Colorado as the destination simply because "he's won there before." And again for some reason people do not think it through and believe that Drury wants to return there as if its home to him when players like forsberg, sakic, etc. are not there anymore. Colorado has turned their roster over the last few years. They have younger players. But yet for some reason people believe they would want the older, less effective stats wise, chris drury. On top of that he is making $7 million this year and even if he is just making $5 million next year thats still over payment for him. Drury grew up in CT. He is nearing the end of his career. He wants to be here. His family is here. But yet people neglect those facts. I'm not going after the OP because he is certainly not the first to do this, but this is getting to be an absurdity.

And NO, colorado is not trading Stastny who is 2nd in scoring for them with 37 points and the team is in the middle of a playoff race in a tight western conference where anything can happen. But hey the logical thing here is to believe they will deal him, right?

Nor do I want the aging Adam Foote. We can get a similar defenseman for cheaper than offering grachev and McDonagh in the deal. In fact I dont think Foote offers much more than McDonagh other than experience at this point in his career.

Here's the real truth as its been said over and over again (especially to Rangers44 who cant come to grips with reality)....Chris Drury is going NOWHERE. The sooner everyone realizes this, the better these boards and the logic on thereof will be better. Instead of having to go over the same details constantly as to why Drury will not be moved.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 03:40 AM
jaberma1

The trade doesnt have to be done today. Im just saying, If we are to throw great guys to get a number one center that can be easily moved if he doesnt work out is paul Stansy. And dont give mte the family argument. This is a buisness. The worse Drury plays the more boo birds he wil hear. He already gets plenty from me

jaberma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 03:47 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaberma1 View Post
The trade doesnt have to be done today. Im just saying, If we are to throw great guys to get a number one center that can be easily moved if he doesnt work out is paul Stansy. And dont give mte the family argument. This is a buisness. The worse Drury plays the more boo birds he wil hear. He already gets plenty from me
I will give you the family argument. The guy's family is an hour and a half to two hours from the garden. He has just one year left. I think drury can stick it out through the "boo birds." And to be honest you dont hear those so-called "boo birds" much on tv. I'm sure there are some, however, it is nothing compared to when Redden played and when Rosi was given the business by the fan base. Because the truth is drury doesnt hurt the team with his play. He just simply doesnt produce. The fans that are upset with him, such as yourself, dont like the guy because of his salary. If he was making say $2-3 million per year nothing would be said, I can guarantee it. Yeah sure you'll probably say 'I'd still want him traded,' however that is still because of your bias. He still makes for a solid 3rd line checking center. If you keep holding expectations for him that he is going to start scoring, you will surely continue to be disappointed.

And what great guys are we throwing at Colorado?? Grachev? Grachev who is underachieving? McDonagh? McDonagh is a nice player and all but I highly doubt he is enough to give up their second leading scorer right now. Stastny is young and fits the direction that Colorado has decided to go in.

Old
01-13-2011, 04:31 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

In general I don't like baseless hypotheticals for anything more than just a laugh, but here I love that we're getting a 4th rounder back. Just the specificity that we needed a little more coming back, and that fourth rounder really seals the deal. I could imagine Sather on the phone, "So you want Grachev, Drury, Callahan, and a first rounder for just Stasnty and Foote? Sorry can't do it. Wait. Did you say you'll throw in a fourth round pick? Sold, you know how much I wanted fourth round picks in this draft."

Kel Varnsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 04:52 AM
LotsOfHags
Hag You Much

Send a message via AIM to LotsOfHags Send a message via Yahoo to LotsOfHags
I would never want to give up Callahan or Stepan. This team is going in the right direction this season and no changes need to be made. Maybe adding a defenseman but thats about it... Talk about breaking up our core even if it means we get Statsny...

LotsOfHags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:18 AM
Patriks7

Quote:
I propose this scenario if we cannot get Brad Richards. I do not beleive that the Rangers will get any far without a dominant first line Center. Chi had Towes Pitt had Crosby Det had Datsyuk you get the picture.

To Col
'Evgeny Grachev
Chris Drury
Ryan Callahan
1st Round Pick
To NYR

Paul STastny

Adam Foote

4th round Pick
How about you give Stepan a chance? The kid has played 44 games and you already think he has no chance of being a dominant center within the next couple years?

Patriks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:43 AM
WhiskeyDeke
Shut up, Keith.

Quote:

To Col
'Evgeny Grachev
Chris Drury
Ryan Callahan
1st Round Pick
To NYR

Paul STastny

Adam Foote

4th round Pick
This isn't NHL11.

WhiskeyDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:47 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriks7 View Post
How about you give Stepan a chance? The kid has played 44 games and you already think he has no chance of being a dominant center within the next couple years?
But...but...what about this year?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 10:00 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Rangers are banking on Stepan to be every bit as good as Stastny.... if not better.

gotta pass

01-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Patriks7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
But...but...what about this year?
This year? Drury will play like Gretzky and we call up Redden who will start playing like Lidstrom.

Oh, and pigs will fly.

Patriks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriks7 View Post
Tell that to some of the Ranger fans here that want Richards. Not a bad idea, no, but it's not like we're a complete failure when you have Anisimov and Stepan coming along.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Zucca

Giving up Callahan would be a disaster..... Stepan too.

You develop cup winning teams, you canīt trade and sign your way to the top. The heart and soul of the Rangers should be the young guys coming through the system, accompanied bye a couple of superstars obtained for other teams/free agents. But we need our core players......

Last edited by Zucca: 01-13-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: terrible english
Zucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zucca View Post
Giving up Callahan would be a disaster..... Stepan too.

You develop cup winning teams, you canīt trade and sign your way to the top. The heart and soul of the Rangers should be the young guys coming through the system, accompanied bye a couple of superstars obtained for other teams/free agents. But we need our core players......
The original deal the OP posted was like this

To COL:

Grachev
McDonagh
Drury

To NYR:

Stastny
Foote
4th round pick

And I still would not do that

Old
01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Quote:

To Col
'Evgeny Grachev
Chris Drury
Ryan Callahan
1st Round Pick
To NYR

Paul STastny

Adam Foote

4th round Pick
You better stop drinking man

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

The Avs aren't trading away a 25 year old center who in 4 1/2 seasons is just under a PPG player (301 points in 316 games). And certainly not for prospects who, though they are highly-ranked in our organization, are not highly ranked overall.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:27 AM
ogie

Quote:
To Col
'Evgeny Grachev
Chris Drury
Ryan Callahan
1st Round Pick
Thats in line for what teams have traded for Hossa/Kovalchuk, and as much as i like Statsny he is not worth that much.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:31 AM
BrandNewDream

I really don't think Stastny gets enough respect, either in this thread or league wide.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:33 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:

To Col
'Evgeny Grachev
Chris Drury
Ryan Callahan
1st Round Pick
To NYR

Paul STastny

Adam Foote

4th round Pick
Why would you trade the Callahan, the model for Torts Rangers? And Drury has NTC/NMC

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:39 AM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewDream View Post
I really don't think Stastny gets enough respect, either in this thread or league wide.
i agree with that ...but he is not worth 2 players, a prospect and a 1st round pick.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:43 AM
BrandNewDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
i agree with that ...but he is not worth 2 players, a prospect and a 1st round pick.
Possibly, but the Avs simply aren't going to trade him. He's a bonafide #1 center, and never gets talked about as such. He's money for 75+ points a year.

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Stepan Glass
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
The original deal the OP posted was like this

To COL:

Grachev
McDonagh
Drury

To NYR:

Stastny
Foote
4th round pick

And I still would not do that
Wait... you, as a Ranger fan, would not do that deal if COL wanted?! Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but that deal would be a huge steal by the Rangers. Could you explain your logic?

Stepan Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:48 AM
otto1219

Stastny and Duchene are going to tear up the west for the next ten years. Neither are being moved.

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsized View Post
Wait... you, as a Ranger fan, would not do that deal if COL wanted?! Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but that deal would be a huge steal by the Rangers. Could you explain your logic?
Yes, it is a huge steal by the Rangers. I dont get it either.

I think Colorado has a Sakic-Foppa 1-2 center punch in mind when it thinks of Stastny-Duchene. Dont see one getting dealt.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote