HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crosbyless Refguins Crush Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Capitano

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Yeah agreed. I'm not a fan of that stuff personally (because I don't want to give any extra motivation to the opponent) but if it's good for his confidence and what not I think it's pretty harmless all things considered.
Exactly...I hate it when I see Carey without a smile after a win. I want him to be happy as a hab...and sometimes I wonder what is going through his mind. So when I see him smiling about a win and being jubilant I feel better about that.

Again, he has to back that stuff up though. If you're going to do that, you better back it up. Pens deserved the win last night...full marks.

Old
01-13-2011, 09:03 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Personally I had no problem with what Fleury did. I even liked his answer when they asked him why. I can't remember word for word, but it was something like "Well I thought that's how they celebrate wins in Montreal". I actually found that to be funny.
I couldn't agree more, and i would be willing to bet that Price thought what he did was pretty funny ! Two of my three sons are goalies ! Trust me, they are a special breed !

Old
01-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am trying to not read a lot into one game but last night was a tough loss. We were exposed a bit in the sense that we were Physically beaten last night (again).

Marks to PK for trying to respond to the Pens but otherwise we were listless in our response. On home ice too... Our conference is physically more demanding this year. These Atlantic Division temas are tough and their rosters are built for intimidation. They were able to dictate the style of game last night.

The Rangers will try to do the same. I am not enamored with the move of Lapierre if noone is going to pick up the slack and finnish checks on the forecheck. Whatever you thought of his play, that element is now lacking.

Old
01-13-2011, 09:46 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

The only thing I found amusing about the whole "Pose" thing, is that a bunch of millionaires who are paid to play a game need something to get them pumped to play. I could see if Price two handed Malkin or banged the coaches wife, but a pose?

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
Old
01-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
thing he just didnt bother putting a next to 2005
And a for me, lol

Old
01-13-2011, 10:05 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
The only thing I found amusing about the whole "Pose" thing, is that a bunch of millionaires who are paid to play a game need something to get them pumped to play. I could see if Price two handed Malkin or banged the coaches wife, but a pose?
Over an 80+ game season, it's hard to get pumped for every single game. Are you pumped every single day you go to work? Sometimes you need some sort of motivation.

Old
01-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Jedrik

LOLZ. Letang pulls the the pose twice as he skated off the ice, laughing. Are there more poses to come? How many poses will there be? Collect them all, fool!

Old
01-13-2011, 11:23 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
LOLZ. Letang pulls the the pose twice as he skated off the ice, laughing. Are there more poses to come? How many poses will there be? Collect them all, fool!
Letang, Talbot and Fleury are all giant turds.

Old
01-13-2011, 11:35 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
It seems like before every Habs/Pens game those three have something to whine about. I wasn't surprised at all to see Talbot talking up the pose in pre-game interviews as some sort of great injustice personally rendered against him.

Lucky for him his trashtalking worked out this time...didn't go so well in the playoffs last year though.

Old
01-13-2011, 11:40 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Over an 80+ game season, it's hard to get pumped for every single game. Are you pumped every single day you go to work? Sometimes you need some sort of motivation.

I'm not playing a game and certainly not getting paid millions either. If I just came into your house and beat you, wouldn't you already feel the need for revenge? Having to put something so insignificant on a board to get you pumped probably wouldn't be needed would it?

Old
01-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
It seems like before every Habs/Pens game those three have something to whine about. I wasn't surprised at all to see Talbot talking up the pose in pre-game interviews as some sort of great injustice personally rendered against him.

Lucky for him his trashtalking worked out this time...didn't go so well in the playoffs last year though.
It wasn't until I saw "'Tanger's" pose this a.m. that I realized how much Carey's gesture bugged them. Price's wasn't even aimed at the other team, it was just a goofball response to a big win. They must've been gnashing their teeth over it the whole week. So funny.

Old
01-13-2011, 11:57 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

I will bet anyone that at the All-Star game at some point you will see Fleury and Price "pose" together. Guaranteed Price knew he had it coming at the end of the game. Now they can let it go or keep one upping each other. Either way is fine.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:03 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
I'm not playing a game and certainly not getting paid millions either. If I just came into your house and beat you, wouldn't you already feel the need for revenge? Having to put something so insignificant on a board to get you pumped probably wouldn't be needed would it?
Sure it can be. Fresh doughnuts motivate me to go into a morning meeting with a brighter outlook on things. And your comment about them playing a game and collecting millions is not correct. Pretty much everything can get mundane if done repeatedly. It is one thing to play the game recreationally, and completely another to show up when you're asked to do so. The money part is simple - the more you make the more you spend. People never adjust to increased earnings properly; what seemed sufficient while making 50k a year is out of question when making 5M. I bet you will find a lot of pro hockey players who will tell you they are not making enough. Yet I'm quite sure such statement sounds ridiculous to both of us.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:16 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I will bet anyone that at the All-Star game at some point you will see Fleury and Price "pose" together. Guaranteed Price knew he had it coming at the end of the game. Now they can let it go or keep one upping each other. Either way is fine.
Or Price will win the goalie competition and go rub it in MAFs face

Old
01-13-2011, 12:34 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
A person's salary doesn't motivate them. Hockey is a job. These guys have played thousands of games in their hockey career. Some more important than others... Yes, bulletin board material always helps. And what Price did was bulletin board material and served as motivation in addition to getting beat the last 2 games.

To be equally as motivated for every single game you play is simply not practical.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Pleky Roks

The refs gave the Pens the game....BIG TIME!!! If the Habs didn't have to kill off stupid penalties for the whole 3rd period, they might have been able to mount a comeback and win....or they wouldn't have even been losing to begin with.

Tuesday nights game in New York was the best game I'd watched in a long time....and the only reason was because there wasn't a moron ref trying to steal the show and decide the game. The refs put their whistles away in the 3rd period of the Rangers game and it made for some great hockey with good hits and great scoring chances. Then we see last nights game against the Pens and have to watch the Refs decide how the game is played....and of course....they favored Crosby's team and Gary Bettman's favorite team by giving the Pens 6 straight powerplays. Can anybody figure out why the Pens have 30 more powerplays than the Habs so far this season??? The Pens are a bunch of divers....shouldn't they get called for diving more often instead of diving and drawing a penalty???

I'm really sick of the favortism for the Penguins in the NHL....its really really sad.

Old
01-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
I forgot to post some highlights so there you go.

Old
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Quote:
A person's salary doesn't motivate them. Hockey is a job. These guys have played thousands of games in their hockey career. Some more important than others... Yes, bulletin board material always helps. And what Price did was bulletin board material and served as motivation in addition to getting beat the last 2 games.

To be equally as motivated for every single game you play is simply not practical.
End result: some players are more or less inconsistent due to variations in motivation.

Old
01-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Jigger77

What a load of rubbish.

If you aren't motivated every night in the NHL there is something very wrong with you. You're living the high-life, making millions playing a game most of us pay a pretty part of our salary to play and there are 100's of people who are very close to being as good as you are who are just waiting to snag your spot.

I don't buy the argument that it gets monotonous or hard to motivate yourself for a second. That's excuse-talk from people who like to make excuses instead of facing challenges head on. Kind of like blaming the coach or teamates for your poor play.

Old
01-13-2011, 02:12 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
fixed. fleury isn't a turd, he just becomes a little too influenced by two greasy ones

the calls on pouls sucked. we could have easily won this one.

Old
01-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Emanresu Wen

Eric Furlatt

he reffed the habs yesterday, but also during the back to back against Detroit and Toronto

in all those 3 games, he handed powerplays to the opposition like candy during halloween

is he the knew Chris Lee?

Old
01-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
My first thought when I read the thread title..

Last edited by Fel 96: 01-13-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old
01-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Born in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec.

He must be afraid to be blamed of favouritism so he ****s us every time.

/thread.

Old
01-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Born in Trois-Rivieres, Quebec.

He must be afraid to be blamed of favouritism so he ****s us every time.

/thread.
The Refs also handed the Pens the 1st two penalties of the game, and if our powerplay wasn't horrible yesterday, maybe we jump out to an early lead.

All 3 of Pouliot's penalties were deserving and you can't argue with the too many men on the ice call. Not sure why all the fuss.

Pens' also lead the league in most times shorthanded, so clearly the league has a conspiracy against them.

Old
01-14-2011, 08:22 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Sure it can be. Fresh doughnuts motivate me to go into a morning meeting with a brighter outlook on things. And your comment about them playing a game and collecting millions is not correct. Pretty much everything can get mundane if done repeatedly. It is one thing to play the game recreationally, and completely another to show up when you're asked to do so. The money part is simple - the more you make the more you spend. People never adjust to increased earnings properly; what seemed sufficient while making 50k a year is out of question when making 5M. I bet you will find a lot of pro hockey players who will tell you they are not making enough. Yet I'm quite sure such statement sounds ridiculous to both of us.

I guess this is where we agree to disagree I guess. Yes, I can see it getting tiresome over a full season with the travel and workouts to always stay motivated to play some games. For argument sakes, let forget about the millions these guys make. I've just been to your town and beat you in front of your home town fans. You're playing me again in a couple of nights. My goaltender didn't make any gestures. Would you feel motivated to beat me in my town in front of my home town fans? I would think so.

Now, let's add the money back in. You're a Professional hockey player. Good enough to be making two million a year, but not quite good enough to get the 4+ million a year contract. You're adored by hundreds and you don't have to buy food at your favorite restaurant, but you have to be concerned with the hot shot kid making 100 K who's leading the AHL in scoring. Do you really need motivation to play a game against a team who just beat you at home?

Closed Thread