HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Avalanche:Rangers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2011, 10:51 AM
  #26
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,093
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Um, why would the Avs do that?

You only gave positive reasons for the Rangers. Now here is a Stastny trade that makes sense:

To Avs:

Derek Stepan
Mike Sauer
1st round pick

Maybe more. Stastny is a 25 year old, PPG, olympian center. We won't get him for a salary dump and a struggling 20 year old.
I'd rather have Stepan then Stastny. Stastny has all the pedigree and I'm a huge Stastny fan, however he's a constant under performer, especially in big situations. On the other hand, Stepan has excelled under big games, the bigger the situation the better he gets. WJC, he was the top scorer, he brought his team to the NCAA finals and as a rookie he's got to be in the running for the Calder against a bunch of highly touted 1st rounders. He's only going to get better and he'll be better than Stastny.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 10:52 AM
  #27
LotsOfHags
Hag You Much
 
LotsOfHags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Poland
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LotsOfHags Send a message via Yahoo to LotsOfHags
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsized View Post
Wait... you, as a Ranger fan, would not do that deal if COL wanted?! Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but that deal would be a huge steal by the Rangers. Could you explain your logic?

The deal I saw was :

To Col

Evgeny Grachev
Chris Drury
Ryan Callahan
1st Round Pick

To NYR

Paul STastny
Adam Foote
4th round Pick

and... no I would not do that because Callahan is a future captain and works his ass of every game. A first round pick can be useful in the future. Grachev is a mediocre player, the only player I wouldn't mind giving up is Drury. Still hasn't played up to his potential this year at all. Seems really invisible on the ice.

LotsOfHags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
  #28
NHRangerfan
enfoonts
 
NHRangerfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 3,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I'd rather have Stepan then Stastny. Stastny has all the pedigree and I'm a huge Stastny fan, however he's a constant under performer, especially in big situations. On the other hand, Stepan has excelled under big games, the bigger the situation the better he gets. WJC, he was the top scorer, he brought his team to the NCAA finals and as a rookie he's got to be in the running for the Calder against a bunch of highly touted 1st rounders. He's only going to get better and he'll be better than Stastny.
Don't catch many Avs games but Stastny always seems to play well against us, but agree Stepan is coming along nicely...when you compare Stepan's numbers to other rookies he is certainly a Calder contender. Points wise he is tied for 3rd among rookies but is also 1 point ahead of #1 overall Taylor Hall and 8 points ahead of #2 overall Tyler Seguin.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:07 AM
  #29
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaporNY View Post
The deal I saw was :

To Col

Evgeny Grachev
Chris Drury
Ryan Callahan
1st Round Pick

To NYR

Paul STastny
Adam Foote
4th round Pick

and... no I would not do that because Callahan is a future captain and works his ass of every game. A first round pick can be useful in the future. Grachev is a mediocre player, the only player I wouldn't mind giving up is Drury. Still hasn't played up to his potential this year at all. Seems really invisible on the ice.
I'm pretty sure McDonagh was originally in it. And I think he just switched it to callahan.

And I'm saying I would not do that deal if I'm colorado. Though I did say Foote is not much of an upgrade over McDonagh at this point in his career. (I would not do the original deal that is)

I wouldnt do the deal from the rangers side if it included callahan and a 1st round pick. But even without the 1st rounder included i still probably would not do it because cally means more to this organization and its future than just stats

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:13 AM
  #30
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
i'd prefer matt duchene

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:37 AM
  #31
Alien Valuating
Registered User
 
Alien Valuating's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
i'd prefer matt duchene
I'm not going to pretend like I'm good at making proposals, but how far off is:

To NYR:
Duchene

To COL:
Anisimov
McIlrath
2011 1st
2011 2nd

Avs downgrade at Center, but get a big bruising defenseman for the future. They also receive some future picks which could be key, relatively cheap pieces for a cup run in a few years once guys like Stastny, Stewart, O'Reilly, Galiardi, and Shattenkirk are more experienced.

We get a Kreider-Duchene-Gaborik line to drool over. We also could sign a big UFA defenseman in the offseason (if any are available, not sure) to make a run in the next two years, instead of waiting for McIlrath to develop at which point Gaborik and Lundqvist could be past their prime. Like I said, I'm not too good with making proposals and not sure if that one is fair or not, but I think it helps both teams. What do you guys think?

Alien Valuating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:39 AM
  #32
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsized View Post
I'm not going to pretend like I'm good at making proposals, but how far off is:

To NYR:
Duchene

To COL:
Anisimov
McIlrath
2011 1st
2011 2nd

Avs downgrade at Center, but get a big bruising defenseman for the future. They also receive some future picks which could be key, relatively cheap pieces for a cup run in a few years once guys like Stastny, Stewart, O'Reilly, Galiardi, and Shattenkirk are more experienced.

We get a Kreider-Duchene-Gaborik line to drool over. We also could sign a big UFA defenseman in the offseason (if any are available, not sure) to make a run in the next two years, instead of waiting for McIlrath to develop at which point Gaborik and Lundqvist could be past their prime. Like I said, I'm not too good with making proposals and not sure if that one is fair or not, but I think it helps both teams. What do you guys think?
Not nearly enough. Duchene is a stud. And he isnt going anywhere.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:56 AM
  #33
Richter35
Registered User
 
Richter35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 500
What about something more simple, this summer:

Drury, 3rd

For

Quincy

Col gets captain intangibles at a bargain basement 5 million in salary, while rangers take on another under performer, making 3.25m. I think there is more incentive for col to do this if they crap out in the playoffs and want some veteran presence that the front office is familiar with

Edit: don't forget we save 4mm in cap space, not bad Eh?

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 12:08 PM
  #34
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I will give you the family argument. The guy's family is an hour and a half to two hours from the garden. He has just one year left. I think drury can stick it out through the "boo birds." And to be honest you dont hear those so-called "boo birds" much on tv. I'm sure there are some, however, it is nothing compared to when Redden played and when Rosi was given the business by the fan base. Because the truth is drury doesnt hurt the team with his play. He just simply doesnt produce. The fans that are upset with him, such as yourself, dont like the guy because of his salary. If he was making say $2-3 million per year nothing would be said, I can guarantee it. Yeah sure you'll probably say 'I'd still want him traded,' however that is still because of your bias. He still makes for a solid 3rd line checking center. If you keep holding expectations for him that he is going to start scoring, you will surely continue to be disappointed.

And what great guys are we throwing at Colorado?? Grachev? Grachev who is underachieving? McDonagh? McDonagh is a nice player and all but I highly doubt he is enough to give up their second leading scorer right now. Stastny is young and fits the direction that Colorado has decided to go in.

First you sound logical than you go on to say the "Truth is Drury doesent hurt the team with his play". If you actually believe that Drury has not hurt the team since his arrival i question your hockey knowledge. Rozi is ten times that player Drury is. Drury is in the Redden category.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 12:11 PM
  #35
satrabyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Not nearly enough. Duchene is a stud. And he isnt going anywhere.
This is the only board that really overrates other teams players and underrates are own. Case in point Rozi. Every one thought the trade was fair almost favouring Phx, except on this board were everyone thought we got such a steal. We have a lot of quality players on this team. Anisimov is a very good player with great potential dont act like our guys are worth nothing.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 12:29 PM
  #36
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,459
vCash: 50
Highly doubt that the Avs take that deal.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:13 PM
  #37
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,093
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
i'd prefer matt duchene
No way they move Duchene...though it'd be nice to reunite Duchene and Grachev

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:16 PM
  #38
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823
 
Blatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @blatantlacrosse
Posts: 2,262
vCash: 500
Why does everyone always wanna trade so much? We have been doing a good job developing our core. Stepan, and Cally are both big parts of it. I wouldnt trade them away. Of course I would love to get statsny, but its not realistic.

We do have solid centers, but I would love to add another one in the off season, Richards would be ideal. Then we could have Richards, Stepan, Ani, and Boyle down the middle. Drury seems to be the only problem with cap space.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:16 PM
  #39
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
We are gonna trade all that for a 40 year old?

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:19 PM
  #40
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
This is the only board that really overrates other teams players and underrates are own. Case in point Rozi. Every one thought the trade was fair almost favouring Phx, except on this board were everyone thought we got such a steal. We have a lot of quality players on this team. Anisimov is a very good player with great potential dont act like our guys are worth nothing.

if you think calling duchene a stud is overrating him, or that a proposal that sends Ani and McIlrath plus top picks from a team that'll probably be picking middle of the pack is underrating our proposal you haven't watched much Avs hockey this year.

That kid's skill set is top scorer… Phil Kessel that plays pivot and can distribute.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:39 PM
  #41
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
This is the only board that really overrates other teams players and underrates are own. Case in point Rozi. Every one thought the trade was fair almost favouring Phx, except on this board were everyone thought we got such a steal.
You obviously didn't read the trade thread, or at least beyond page 3, if you believe that.

And as far as Duchene goes, I'm going to call you out on having seen 1 or fewer Avs game if you disagree that a 19 year old who currently leads his team in goals, assists and points is anything other than a blue chip stud.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:43 PM
  #42
BrianLeetch2
Registered User
 
BrianLeetch2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toms River NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 676
vCash: 803
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Colorado wont deal stastny cant see it

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:49 PM
  #43
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,080
vCash: 500
No...NO......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:51 PM
  #44
empirestateofmind8
Registered User
 
empirestateofmind8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
NO TRADING CALLAHAN I dont care if were getting ovie callahan is a leader on this team.

empirestateofmind8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:58 PM
  #45
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersrule1 View Post
NO TRADING CALLAHAN I dont care if were getting ovie callahan is a leader on this team.
cometh Mike Milbury of the Bizarro World

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 02:08 PM
  #46
Pugs35
Registered User
 
Pugs35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 500
This entire thread is just embarrassing.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 10:59 PM
  #47
Schweiker17
Registered User
 
Schweiker17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Schweiker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 12:57 AM
  #48
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
You obviously didn't read the trade thread, or at least beyond page 3, if you believe that.

And as far as Duchene goes, I'm going to call you out on having seen 1 or fewer Avs game if you disagree that a 19 year old who currently leads his team in goals, assists and points is anything other than a blue chip stud.
Thank you Melrose for summing that one up for me.

I dont think the Avs would deal Stastny right now, let alone their 19 year old Duchene. He is by far their best player. Satarbyk, you need to take in an Avs game or two and just watch this kid play. But you know what you dont even have to do that. Just watch his highlights. A recent example being the Avs/Detroit game a couple nights ago. The kid can flat out play.

As for your response to my comments on the whole drury thing, I think you are the one who's hockey knowledge needs to be questioned. Listen I'm just as disappointed as you are with the salary he makes because he will never produce what players should when they earn $7 million in a season. The main problem with the part of this fan base that despises drury so much is that they let his salary develop their expectations for him. Because he makes so much everyone naturally expects him to at least pot 70 points. But if you really pay attention and have some kind of hockey knowledge you know drury just isnt that player. Believe me satarbyk I KNOOOOW you cant stand the intangibles argument just like offdacrossbar cant either.

The truth is he does bring things to the table that help us win games. I thought he was very good in tonights game against Vancouver. I mean we won 1-0. It was the type of game where drury becomes an integral part. And Torts knew that and showed he knew that because all you have to do is look at Drury's ice time compared to his line mates Avery and Weise. Torts relied on him heavily throughout the game especially in the defensive end. You can hate the guy all you want but he certainly does not hurt this team. The rangers management has developed and brought in other players to score the goals because they know at this point in drury's career he can no longer do that, BUT he can still help a team win a game. He is still a great defensive forward. Every playoff contending team needs a player like that. Sure so many people can and have argued well we can have some kid/prospect do the same thing for cheaper, but honestly you cant. Because some kid/prospect does not have that big game experience. They dont have that experience of knowing what it takes to win a hockey game in the NHL. Drury does because he's already done it. I'm not saying I want to re-sign him. All I'm saying with our current situation, since the REALITY is he wont be moveable with his NMC, I certainly do not mind that this guy is on the team.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.