HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eller

Old
01-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Pleky Roks

vCash: 500
Like I've said a million times....Eller still has a long way to go. He should have spend this season in Hamilton with Patches, getting 1st line playing time and focusing on his offensive skills instead of wasting time on the 3rd or 4th line in a checking role.

Patches done the right thing this season and its paying off for him so far. He's looked great for the Habs since he was called up....Eller could have done the same thing, but since PG lost the Halak trade, he wanted Eller to become something he isn't in his 1st year, a top 6 player and it simply didn't happen.

It takes years for players to develop in some cases....Eller is in that boat....rushing him isn't going to help him at all.

Send him to Hamilton now while it can still help and give him solid playing time on the top line there....then call him up for the playoffs and he'll be able to add more offence for the Habs than he has so far.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
Like I've said a million times....Eller still has a long way to go. He should have spend this season in Hamilton with Patches, getting 1st line playing time and focusing on his offensive skills instead of wasting time on the 3rd or 4th line in a checking role.

Patches done the right thing this season and its paying off for him so far. He's looked great for the Habs since he was called up....Eller could have done the same thing, but since PG lost the Halak trade, he wanted Eller to become something he isn't in his 1st year, a top 6 player and it simply didn't happen.

It takes years for players to develop in some cases....Eller is in that boat....rushing him isn't going to help him at all.

Send him to Hamilton now while it can still help and give him solid playing time on the top line there....then call him up for the playoffs and he'll be able to add more offence for the Habs than he has so far.
Before sending him down I'd try him a few more games with Desharnais. Sometimes finding that right chemistry with a player(s) can flip your confidence in a heartbeat, and he'll probably begin to make quicker. smarter decisions with the puck. I don't know if they'll be able to with Cammy back (i'm assuming on saturday?) but I really liked what I saw last night between them. And of course I was probably the only one who thought Pyatt played really well too, but who cares about him because he doesn't deserve to exist... I'm sure the Pyatt haters will only remember the goal he didn't score when Eller set him up, and not the perfect pass he made to Eller, who also couldn't score...

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote