HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Hello from Canada!

Old
01-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

vCash: 500
Another Canadian Yay!

There's punch and pie, and your complimentary whisky flask, you're gonna need it!

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 04:32 PM
melfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Psh, we are all family here. What other preds sites are you on? And if you do make it down, don't be a stranger. We like meeting each other.

I would offer you a beer but I owe Preds Partisan one... gotta get in line...
Haha okay, I can wait. I'm on no other Preds sites. This was the first one to come up when I googled "Predators Forum". What else is there?

melfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by melfunction View Post
Haha okay, I can wait. I'm on no other Preds sites. This was the first one to come up when I googled "Predators Forum". What else is there?
Well, this is the best one there is. The is the "main board" but isn't so main anymore and then there is on the forecheck, hockeybuzz (where the crazies live). Lots of options. But this is by far the best... mostly due to Seth, BFC, and company.

I'm Chris, but everyone pretty much calls me Joe.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 04:42 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

The proliferation of sites for hockey has been amazing.....

Also has been rather disruptive for centralizing the Preds fanbase. LOL!

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM
melfunction

Hmm .. have to say I kind of just feel like sticking to this one for now! I never even noticed before that hockeybuzz has forums, but I usually like to steer clear of that site. Also .. not nitpicking typos just confused: did you mean "this is the main board" when you said "the is the main board"?? Or is "the" a board ... like ... The Hockey Experience or Tennessee Hockey Emporium or something like that???

Anyway, hi Chris/Joe, I'm Melisa.

Old
01-13-2011, 05:02 PM
melfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
The proliferation of sites for hockey has been amazing.....

Also has been rather disruptive for centralizing the Preds fanbase. LOL!
That's unfortunate! The internet should be bringing Preds fans together, not spreading them out. Geography already took care of that one!

Old
01-13-2011, 05:40 PM
kuggy

French Canadian too, and a fan since 2002. I don't write here but I read alot, but I decided to start writing right now! ahah. Hard to follow the preds in Quebec but I got my Nhl Game centerlive account so I can watch my favorite team and sorry for the english too ahaha!

kuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Hmm .. have to say I kind of just feel like sticking to this one for now! I never even noticed before that hockeybuzz has forums, but I usually like to steer clear of that site. Also .. not nitpicking typos just confused: did you mean "this is the main board" when you said "the is the main board"?? Or is "the" a board ... like ... The Hockey Experience or Tennessee Hockey Emporium or something like that???

Anyway, hi Chris/Joe, I'm Melisa.
Ahhh, Canadians everywhere!

the main boards are here While this forum is a part of HF, it can be a much bigger, scarier place. I post with some regularity in the main boards, and there is some great humor and discussion if you search enough, but there are also trolls aplenty.

Anyways, welcome aboard!

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 07:25 PM
melfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Ahhh, Canadians everywhere!

the main boards are here While this forum is a part of HF, it can be a much bigger, scarier place. I post with some regularity in the main boards, and there is some great humor and discussion if you search enough, but there are also trolls aplenty.

Anyways, welcome aboard!
OHH. I understand. Darn, I was hoping one of my THE acronyms would be a winner. Thanks.

Old
01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
OHH. I understand. Darn, I was hoping one of my THE acronyms would be a winner. Thanks.
This is the main boards

http://fans.predators.nhl.com/community/

sorry, was posting during class. My bad. A pleasure to meet you, Melisa.

And all the other canadian lurkers.

Old
01-13-2011, 08:21 PM
iKiwi

I just realised that I didn't even mention my name haha..well I'm Kevin and I'm glad that my thread drew in some fellow canadians, Melisa and Kuggy! Its really nice to meet all of you!

Kuggy your from Quebec? I guess that kinda makes us close neighbors eh! ahha and no my last name isn't "Belanger"..but I know a lot of Belangers though.

For the player that drew me to the preds organisation is prob Legwand..always though he was a hard worker, just wish he would of produce more sometimes though..

I've never felt so welcomed in a forum before! Thank you all of you! I'm playing a trip down too TN sometime in the near future for a preds game and maybe a Titans one also..so I will be sure to let you guys know!

I might be moving to Ottawa in the near future so I'll be able to maybe atleast see one preds game next year..(I have two uncles that played in the NHL and we get reaaalllyyy good deals on seats )

iKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Welcome to all our new posters, take your shoes off at the door, bring a dish, and enjoy the punch.

Roman Reigns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:10 PM
kuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKiwi View Post
I just realised that I didn't even mention my name haha..well I'm Kevin and I'm glad that my thread drew in some fellow canadians, Melisa and Kuggy! Its really nice to meet all of you!

Kuggy your from Quebec? I guess that kinda makes us close neighbors eh! ahha and no my last name isn't "Belanger"..but I know a lot of Belangers though.

For the player that drew me to the preds organisation is prob Legwand..always though he was a hard worker, just wish he would of produce more sometimes though..

I've never felt so welcomed in a forum before! Thank you all of you! I'm playing a trip down too TN sometime in the near future for a preds game and maybe a Titans one also..so I will be sure to let you guys know!

I might be moving to Ottawa in the near future so I'll be able to maybe atleast see one preds game next year..(I have two uncles that played in the NHL and we get reaaalllyyy good deals on seats )
Yess I'm from Quebec city and I hate the habs Wish a team come back to Quebec.. Nashville is just a little far from Quebec ahaha!

kuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:35 PM
melfunction

I just realized I'm closer to Nashville than I am to either of my new fellow Canadian friends Kevin and Kuggy. And by closer I mean still 2700km away. I feel so alone.

Old
01-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

So all the Canadians come and we lose...

It is really great to see such widespread support for the Predators. I guess our lunchpail mentality is rubbing off on some people.

Old
01-14-2011, 06:01 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
Ha ha! This is funny... neither one of you actually live in the south and yet you're the ones related to one another.

Hey now. I DID live in tn for 5 years. [/I]

And I lived there for 18 years! I thought Virginia was in the South? Has it moved?

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:41 AM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz
Ha ha! This is funny... neither one of you actually live in the south and yet you're the ones related to one another.

Hey now. I DID live in tn for 5 years. [/I]

And I lived there for 18 years! I thought Virginia was in the South? Has it moved?
When I lived in Virginia, the kids referred to me as "the little southern girl" so I'd say yes. ;-)

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 10:37 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

BFC's official chart on IF you are southern.

I use this for my research. Border states are iffy and have to apply for residency.

Whoops, that's professional team timeline. It's only 3/4th done. What the hell, keep it.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
I just realized I'm closer to Nashville than I am to either of my new fellow Canadian friends Kevin and Kuggy. And by closer I mean still 2700km away. I feel so alone.
Hah no worries, the mysterious power of the internet brings us together. That and all the boozing. Just please don't tell me you're a calgary flames fan aswell and I think we'll get along just fine.

- Geoff from toronto

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:13 PM
melfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
Hah no worries, the mysterious power of the internet brings us together. That and all the boozing. Just please don't tell me you're a calgary flames fan aswell and I think we'll get along just fine.

- Geoff from toronto
Hahaha sorry Geoff. I've been a Flames fan since birth, Preds fan only since 2003. Before I could even walk, my mom used to find me kissing the Husky logo on the back of the phone book because I thought it was Harvey. These days they're on the back burner for me, but still.

Let's try to get along anyway.

Old
01-14-2011, 06:28 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

This is certainly refreshing. A few years ago a lot of us thought we'd see a lot of Canadian Preds fans, but they'd be the Hamilton Predators.

Welcome aboard all! Post often, but only if you agree with me

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote