HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#43: Flyers @ Bruins -Thursday, Jan. 13, 2011

Old
01-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Flyerfan4life

vCash: 500
i've been sitting on this for awhile, since Leights dont dumped..

and sure enuf the REAL Boosh shows up...

say what you want but Boosh is NOT the answer..

he doesnt have the mental tuffness, to win a cup.. he played almost exactly the same game when he was in Vancouver.. when the other team starts a lead and gets under his skin he folds like a cheap tent..

im sooooooooo done with the Boosh experiment, since my boy is gone, ive basicly resigned myself to expecting a early exit out of the playoffs, if we really do try riding boosh/bob to the cup hunt..

ps nice to see Z playing... hes my only player of interest now..

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post

he doesnt have the mental tuffness, to win a cup.. he played almost exactly the same game when he was in Vancouver.. when the other team starts a lead and gets under his skin he folds like a cheap tent..

im sooooooooo done with the Boosh experiment, since my boy is gone, ive basicly resigned myself to expecting a early exit out of the playoffs, if we really do try riding boosh/bob to the cup hunt..

It's hilarious that people are so willing to jump all over a career backup despite the fact that he played some pretty nice games for us while Laviolette rode him into the ground. Reminds me of last year.

I have to rofl if you think Leighton is "the answer" and Boosh is horrible. There's literally nothing I can think of to say to you if that's what you're thinking.

I voiced my concern over our goaltending back when we were winning about six or so games ago and all I got was flak for being "pessimistic" and "freaking out about nothing". Kind of funny that people are coming out of the woodwork to agree with me after one bad loss.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:10 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
There's no such thing as a "perfectly placed" shot from that angle. That's a shot that has to be saved 100% of the time.

I mean, I'm not sure that Flyers fans are used to see competent goalies play if they think that kind of goal is acceptable. It's a simple geometric save, you cut the angle, it is literally impossible for the shooter to beat you barring an insane defelection.
Yeah, I guess it is impossible to shoot the puck just past the goaltender, off the post so it bounces into the net. The goal we just saw simply didn't happen...

Seriously, there was maybe 1 centimeter space that Boucher gave up. You are eager to tie him a noose from that. I'd rather give kudos to the shooter for finding that centimeter. I'm assuming if that was scored on the other and of the ice, you'd be praising how great a shooter [insert name here] was for finding that 1 centimeter, not declare Thomas a horrible goalie because of it.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:12 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Chaos, it was a bad goal, caused by a bad turnover by Carle

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:13 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:

Don't let the door hit you.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Yeah, I guess it is impossible to shoot the puck just past the goaltender, off the post so it bounces into the net. The goal we just saw simply didn't happen...

Seriously, there was maybe 1 centimeter space that Boucher gave up. You are eager to tie him a noose from that. I'd rather give kudos to the shooter for finding that centimeter. I'm assuming if that was scored on the other and of the ice, you'd be praising how great a shooter [insert name here] was for finding that 1 centimeter, not declare Thomas a horrible goalie because of it.
I didn't watch the full game since I could tell this was gonna be one of those games after the first period and I had other stuff to do anyhow.

Is this goal in question similar to the Adam Mair goal? Sounds pretty damn similar, just from farther out. If that's the case then, yeah, I can't blame Boosh for it. Sometimes you have to give credit to the shooter for finding the perfect spot.

Old
01-13-2011, 09:14 PM
chaosof99*

I agree that the turnover by Carle was bad. But I don't get why Boosh gets the **** for it.

Old
01-13-2011, 09:17 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
I agree that the turnover by Carle was bad. But I don't get why Boosh gets the **** for it.
Im not even one of the people being super harsh on Boucher, but that goal and the Ryder goal were bad goals. I dont blame him on the other 4

Quote:
I didn't watch the full game since I could tell this was gonna be one of those games after the first period and I had other stuff to do anyhow.

Is this goal in question similar to the Adam Mair goal? Sounds pretty damn similar, just from farther out. If that's the case then, yeah, I can't blame Boosh for it. Sometimes you have to give credit to the shooter for finding the perfect spot.
It was shot from the wall pretty much, and went far side because Boucher was way too far over

Old
01-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Garbage Goal

Is it just me or does Bergeron always seem to hurt us?

1 G, 1 A, +1, 4 SOG, 16 FW

Old
01-13-2011, 09:21 PM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Im not even one of the people being super harsh on Boucher, but that goal and the Ryder goal were bad goals. I dont blame him on the other 4
OK, tell me: If the Flyers had scored that same goal on Thomas, would you say it was Thomas giving up a weak goal, or would you complement the shooter for finding just the spot?

Old
01-13-2011, 09:26 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
OK, tell me: If the Flyers had scored that same goal on Thomas, would you say it was Thomas giving up a weak goal, or would you complement the shooter for finding just the spot?
Weak goal in all honesty.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:26 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
weak goal, (I still blame Carle more he turned an innocent dump in for a line change into a ****ing game winning goal)

Heres the goal for anyone who missed it:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010020646 (click the camera sign on the Kampher goal)

Old
01-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
weak goal, (I still blame Carle more he turned an innocent dump in for a line change into a ****ing game winning goal)

Heres the goal for anyone who missed it:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010020646 (click the camera sign on the Kampher goal)
They don't show Carle screwing up, but as far as Boucher is concerned, it's a bit of both of what you guys are saying. His angle was bad so it could be considered a weak goal, but on the same token you have to give credit for the shooter for a wicked, perfectly placed shot.

Also, like I said before, I can forgive Boosh for one bad game here. He's supposed to be our backup and Laviolette has been riding him hard for how many games now and Boosh has been churning out quality performances for how many games before this one?

Old
01-13-2011, 09:34 PM
compan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post

1 G, 1 A, +1, 4 SOG, 16 FW
he has been nothing short of white hot lately. his last game was his best game of the season.

overall one hell of a game. both sides had some questionable goals (gwg off the net and zherdev offsides). some no-calls both ways. but just one hell of an offensive game. hope to see you guys in the playoffs for some redemption

compan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:34 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
They don't show Carle screwing up, but as far as Boucher is concerned, it's a bit of both of what you guys are saying. His angle was bad so it could be considered a weak goal, but on the same token you have to give credit for the shooter for a wicked, perfectly placed shot.

Also, like I said before, I can forgive Boosh for one bad game here. He's supposed to be our backup and Laviolette has been riding him hard for how many games now and Boosh has been churning out quality performances for how many games before this one?
Like I said I am not hating on Boucher, just don't believe that was a good goal.

And they do show Carle ****ing up. He misses the puck in the corner, scrambles and then throws it around the boards to Kampfer.

Old
01-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:

Seriously, there was maybe 1 centimeter space that Boucher gave up. You are eager to tie him a noose from that. I'd rather give kudos to the shooter for finding that centimeter.
I'm assuming if that was scored on the other and of the ice, you'd be praising how great a shooter [insert name here] was for finding that 1 centimeter, not declare Thomas a horrible goalie because of it.
This is true. The problem is that you have to be pretty well off of your angle to be giving him anything at all from that spot on the ice. Boosh was deep and cheating shortside and five hole. There was a screen there, but it was a bad goal, and if he was where he should've been he'd have seen around the screens anyway.

I mean, he was pretty unlucky that the shooter made the shot he did, because even when you screw up it is pretty hard to get torched from there, but his fate was in his own hands on that save....there was no luck required to make that stop.

Just my take on it.

Whatever though. He's played so well as of late, I'm not that upset that he didn't have a great game tonight.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
If anyone thought Boosh would maintain his great play for the rest of the season, they're forgetting who Boosh has always been. He plays well for stretches, then collapses for a bit. Many of us knew this was coming sooner or later. Who knows if this will last for more than just this game. However, some of those goals were...unique. And one shouldnt have counted at all.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Like I said I am not hating on Boucher, just don't believe that was a good goal.

And they do show Carle ****ing up. He misses the puck in the corner, scrambles and then throws it around the boards to Kampfer.
The broadcasters say it's Powe in the replay. Or at least I think they do.

Old
01-13-2011, 09:38 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
The broadcasters say it's Powe in the replay. Or at least I think they do.
are you watching the right goal? It's 25 Carle, behind Boucher

edit: they are saying Carle with a weird intonation that kind of sounds like Powe

Old
01-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:

Leighton and Z are your favorite players? June 2010 join date..... Is your name supposed to be Flyersfan4life, or Flyersfan4now?

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Savynquick*

Quote:
Haha the irony in that post. Great game guys, I have absolutely no doubt we meet in the playoffs. I hope it's not another mega choke by us. So far the season series has been close every game.

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Boucher shouldn't get all the blame. He was stellar in the 1st and 2nd period. The defense was sloppy, the passing was awful, something just seemed off with the team. This team really relies on Pronger to be a stabilizing influence.

If there's any positive to take away from this game, at least the offense is doing its job. Not a lot of teams can put up 5 goals against TT.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:43 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Boucher shouldn't get all the blame. He was stellar in the 1st and 2nd period. The defense was sloppy, the passing was awful, something just seemed off with the team. This team really relies on Pronger to be a stabilizing influence.

If there's any positive to take away from this game, at least the offense is doing its job. Not a lot of teams can put up 5 goals against TT.
Yeah he made a few breakaway saves too. The D coverage on the whole was awful tonight.

Old
01-13-2011, 09:56 PM
MsWoof

Quote:

Fairweather fan. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Sounds like you would fit in nicely with Pens fans since most of them are bandwagoners, too.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 10:10 PM
drownedsailors

Ok what the hell? this was not a good game, the other game in Boston that went to OT was good; even if we ended up losing that game I would have still said it was a hard fought out game...this game however was just flat out frustrating, our D was far from impressive and Walker was brutal.

We play again tomorrow and that's what I was worried about, I didn't want us to lose in Boston and have to face a waiting Thrashers team in Atlanta...I'm sorry but I really don't feel like losing back-to-back games...I'm hoping they're pissed and come out flying, but I honestly don' see that happening

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote