Notices

Flames 5 Hurricanes 6 (SO)

Old
01-12-2011, 11:29 PM
GoFlames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Oh man what was I thinking? Quick let's trade for another son of a hall of famer from the whl!!!
Now you're talking! The Sutter special draft pick. Occasionally he picked some player outside of the mold and surprise they are the good ones... Backlund, Erixon, Wahl, Howse.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
increasing? I have seen no change in how he manages his players and the lines since day 1... he has been brutal from day 1... he makes me miss Keenan and Playfair more every day
Fair enough. Sucks that we missed out on Tippet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
The next coach of this team should be Kirk Muller. I have heard nothing but exceptional things about the guy, and he knows how the game today should be played and knows how to get guys to work hard. I think he would be quite similar to Joe Sacco.

And I highly doubt Brent will be fired this year. The reason being, he is telling Feaster how to do his job and giving him advice about what type of players the Flames need.
I agree with the Kirk Muller idea. I think he would be an excellent choice for the next head coach, especially since he won't be afraid to play guys younger than 26.

I actually think Brent will be fired at the end of season, particularly if the 'acting' label is removed from Feaster title. Feaster stated that he wanted an up tempo, offense based team and Brent's shown nothing of sort since Darryl was fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys View Post
Would anyone be opposed to bringing in Playfair again?
One of the reasons Playfair was fired was because the players didn't respect him; they couldn't buy what he was selling after he played the good cop to Darryl's bad cop routine. And after a couple of seasons in the AHL where he hasn't exactly accomplished much, I don't see how that's changed.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 02:51 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
Now you're talking! The Sutter special draft pick. Occasionally he picked some player outside of the mold and surprise they are the good ones... Backlund, Erixon, Wahl, Howse.
to be fair Erixon's dad was an NHLer too... maybe not a HOFer from the Dub... but he was a hard working NHLer over a 10 year career

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Stewie Griffin
Bruinswagoner #4762

Quote:
I say we hire a coach for the rest of this year that has had success with an overpaid bunch of prima-donas in the past... if they dont get their **** together then gut the team and start over...

that coach being Pat Quinn

worst case we don't do any better
I thought we tried this experiment with Keenan?

Regardless, as much as I'd like it, I don't think Brent is going anywhere until the GM position is filled; then the new GM can find himself a coach.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 05:24 PM
GoFlames

Yup the new GM will hire a coach who will hire the assistants etc. Hopefully the new GM will run Button out of town and drastically improve scouting as the Flames appear to be in a position to get high picks the next few seasons...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I thought we tried this experiment with Keenan?

Regardless, as much as I'd like it, I don't think Brent is going anywhere until the GM position is filled; then the new GM can find himself a coach.
Keenan was known as the master motivator... I think Quinn just knows how to talk to and relate to star players that are under performing... plus keep in mind I'm saying give him a contract for the rest of the season and not think about next season until this year is done

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 11:31 PM
MVW

Quote:
Keenan was known as the master motivator... I think Quinn just knows how to talk to and relate to star players that are under performing... plus keep in mind I'm saying give him a contract for the rest of the season and not think about next season until this year is done
While its something to think about, I'm not really sure Quinn would be willing to come in and coach for 30-35 games. I think its more likely Sutter stays on for the remainder of the year.

Again, Muller for our next coach!!

MVW is offline   Reply With Quote