HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Too many forwards?

Old
01-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Plus, who would give us anything of value for him? He's already developed a reputation as a bit of a problem, and if the "Master of Reclamation" gives up on you in a month, what does that say for him? Kid is here for the rest of the season, at absolute minimum.
Sather will pull something off. That I have confidence in.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:40 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

as weird as it is to say it's hard finding a place to put cally into the lineup when he comes back. first and second lines seemed to be locked in (WW-Step-Gab, Dubi-AA-MZA), and Feds-BB-Prust isn't being broken anytime soon. but cally won't be getting 4th line minutes/duty.

i'm officially confused to where he will be put. obviously be used on the PK and such, but in terms of where he will be when rolling regular lines, idk. guess torts will be (back to) swapping those top 6 around + cally when he chooses.

and it's all but 100% confirmed prospal isn't coming back. i doubt boogie does either at this rate.

not to be mean, and i feel terrible saying this, but boogie's concussion problems could be a (oh boy) good thing, saving us the cap space if/when he has to retire.

this salary cap has made me a heartless, penny-counting d***.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 04:43 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
isn't it amazing what a league's rules can do?

How many fans do you think would cheer if they announced at MSG that drury was run over by a bus? Fans would cheer that a guy's dead because it frees up space for a better player.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 04:55 AM
ChrisModem

Quote:
as weird as it is to say it's hard finding a place to put cally into the lineup when he comes back. first and second lines seemed to be locked in (WW-Step-Gab, Dubi-AA-MZA), and Feds-BB-Prust isn't being broken anytime soon. but cally won't be getting 4th line minutes/duty.

i'm officially confused to where he will be put. obviously be used on the PK and such, but in terms of where he will be when rolling regular lines, idk. guess torts will be (back to) swapping those top 6 around + cally when he chooses.

and it's all but 100% confirmed prospal isn't coming back. i doubt boogie does either at this rate.

not to be mean, and i feel terrible saying this, but boogie's concussion problems could be a (oh boy) good thing, saving us the cap space if/when he has to retire.

Ah no its simple. Get Brad Richards in and shift all the centers down. Callahan plays with AA as his center and make the left wing Avery or Drury.

I am kidding by the way, because there is no way we get BR without sacrificing some of the top 6. Sigh* I can dream though.

ChrisModem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 04:56 AM
ChrisModem

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
isn't it amazing what a league's rules can do?

How many fans do you think would cheer if they announced at MSG that drury was run over by a bus? Fans would cheer that a guy's dead because it frees up space for a better player.

Eeeeek, I really shouldn't laugh.

ChrisModem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 05:26 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

I am not to hip to the idea of breaking up
Boyle-Prust-Fedotenko
they played very well against the Canucks

Artem-Cally-Dubinsky looked fine early on so I reckon its worth them getting another shot together

This puts
Stepan with Gaborik and perhaps Wolski, although perhaps Zucarello deserves the shot more

thus leaving
Drury-Avery and Wolski/Zucarello

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:10 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Dubinsky. Anisimov. Zuccarello
Wolski. Stepan. Gaborik
Avery. Drury. Callahan
Fedotenko. Boyle. Prust

And dot get hung up on line numbers. There are no line numbers. Torts rolls 4 lines.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Wolski getting traded? Not likely. Sather was very specific about him on the conference call and wants to see him as a piece moving forward. Besides, who in their right mind would deal him just so we can fit Christensen back in the lineup?

Wolski - AA - Gaborik
Dubi - Step - MZA
Avery - Drury - Callahan
Feds - Boyle - Prust
EC as a spare.

Unless there is another injury, or Sather finds a way to move Drury, I wouldn't expect to see much of Christensen the rest of the year.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:47 AM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

When Callahan comes back, I'd like to see:

Wolski-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Fedotenko-Boyle-Callahan
Avery-Drury-Prust
EC

Solid lines top to bottom I think. I wouldn't move Drury to the third line the way he's been playing, especially with how well Boyle is playing.

And remember, having too much depth isn't a bad thing! Better to have and not need, than need and not have.

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:49 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Wolski. Stepan. Gaborik
Avery. Drury. Callahan
Fedotenko. Boyle. Prust

And dot get hung up on line numbers. There are no line numbers. Torts rolls 4 lines.
whoda thought that would ever happen...

heres the way it breaks down

gaby/w2 and stepan - still think this is your true 1st line and 1st pp unit.

dubi/zuc and arty- add cally back in when hes ready and send frodo away.

ftank/prust and boyle- like this line alot.

avery/ec/capt sleepy- interchangeable players. not a big ec fan at all.

when cally returns then zuc goes back to the whale- its top 9 for him or back to ct.

weise to the whale- given.

that folks is the best lineup

if ec is unproductive, then bring the midget back up.

im still not liking avery on the 4th line. playing with capt lunesta is sketchy.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:55 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Wolski. Stepan. Gaborik
Avery. Drury. Callahan
Fedotenko. Boyle. Prust

I was thinking of those lines as well, but I honestly think that playing with Avery and Drury on one line would really drag down Callahan offensively. I'd think that even Christensen centering that line would be better for our offense, but of course Drury brings other important things like PK and faceoffs plus he is the captain after all. Thus, as good as the Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust line has been I would put Callahan on RW and drop Prust to the Drury (and subsequently 4th line). Feds and Boyle are at this point probably better offensively than Drury and Callahan is more than able to bring the energy and defensive ability that this line has shown. So assuming no Prospal:

Dubinsky-Anisimov-Zuccarello
Wolski-Stepan-Gaborik
Fedotenko-Boyle-Callahan
Avery-Drury-Prust
Christensen

Of course Torts will juggle those lines soon enough anyway (although I think he isn't that bad this season in that regard)

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
Wolski Stepan Gabs
Dubi Artie Cally
Feds Boyle Prust
Avery Drury MZA

thats how i see it as of now. we all know torts juggles his lines though. we need a goal ya see more of MZA, if we are ahead then u see him less.
this is how I see it too. I also see EC being moved for a Dman like Vandermeer. Maybe we throw in a pick as well but he is going to be used in a package for a UFA Dman at the deadline.

It also saves 1.1 on next yrs cap which allow more room for RFA's and ideally Richards as a UFA

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Wolski. Stepan. Gaborik
Avery. Drury. Callahan
Fedotenko. Boyle. Prust
Yes please.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:11 AM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
there is no way drury sits for christiansen. you dont do that to the captain
if he continues the way he is playing now, you do.

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:12 AM
chip chipperson*

i like cally with dubi and anisimov. that line was money. mza changes things. we'll see

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:13 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
if he continues the way he is playing now, you do.
you dont sit chris drury for christiansen. period

Old
01-14-2011, 09:16 AM
rangers4ever2007

callahan replaces weise.
EC and drury rotate pending on performance.
prospal might force MZA to CT and will have to play RW if he makes it back.

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:25 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
you dont sit chris drury for christiansen. period
i think you might, dependent upon gabby connecting with any of our centers and getting going. if he doesn't, you got to give christensen a shot with him. only player with any type of proven consistency with gabby.

i know he's the captain, and not to beat a dead horse, but he's not needed and could/should be sacrificed to get our top scorer going. if the christensen thing doesn't work out then i'm all for having him a healthy scratch the rest of the way. never really liked erik but he does seem to click with gabby.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Norwegian
Pitbull Sniper

Dubinsky-Anisimov-Zuccarello/Callahan
Wolski-Stepan-Gaborik
Fedotenko-Boyle-Callahan/Zuccarello
Avery-Drury-Prust
Christensen

Norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:29 AM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Wolski has looked good in his first 2 games. He is happy to be here, and will contribute a lot of offense.

I just dont see every player being 100% healthy for the whole year, we have had these threads all year long.

If they are healthy weise is down, and EC or Avery sit. I could see them trading a forward + for a vet Dman, even though our Defense looks great right now. Who know?

We'll just have to wait and find out.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:30 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
i think you might, dependent upon gabby connecting with any of our centers and getting going. if he doesn't, you got to give christensen a shot with him. only player with any type of proven consistency with gabby.

i know he's the captain, and not to beat a dead horse, but he's not needed and could/should be sacrificed to get our top scorer going. if the christensen thing doesn't work out then i'm all for having him a healthy scratch the rest of the way. never really liked erik but he does seem to click with gabby.
ec with gaborik already hasn't worked out.
i want ec to play but scratching your captain is not the way to do it. what kind of message does that send that we are scratching our captain for a guy like ec?
were not talking about a guy like crosby coming back healthy, its ec. if we dont need drury in the lineup you could make the argument we dont need ec either.
stats dont make captains, leadership does. scratching drury for ec would lead me to think that the c means nothing.

Old
01-14-2011, 09:33 AM
XLJ

Christensen isn't very good. He had plenty of chances to play with Gaborik this season and didn't do much.

Drury has been awful this season. It’s embarrassing watching him play 5 on 5. If everybody is healthy which at this point does not seem likely, Drury and Christensen need to be the healthy scratches.

Dubinsky-Stepan-Zuccarello
Wolski-Anisimov-Gaborik
Avery-Prospal-Callahan
Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:34 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
1. Who would've thought at the beginning of the season we'd be having this conversation?

2. I like our lineup in shootouts going forward: EC, Wolski, MZA with Hank in our net.... Yeah, that'll do pig... that'll do.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:38 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
1. Who would've thought at the beginning of the season we'd be having this conversation? 2. I like our lineup in shootouts going forward: EC, Wolski, MZA with Hank in our net.... Yeah, that'll do pig... that'll do.
its a good problem to have. and the only reason it is a problem is because mza has played well.

Old
01-14-2011, 09:43 AM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

I don't see prospal coming back this year and even if he does I doubt he's going to be physically able to play top line minutes every game, especially down the stretch. He's going to be significantly slower and I'd rather not have an injured prospal and gaborik on the same line. weise will deffinitslly be gone, I don't think that's in question. I also think torts will rotate mza and Cali in with dubi which I don't mind.
Wolski/mza-stepan-gaborik
Dubi-anismov-Cali/mza
Mza/wolski-Boyle-prust
Feds-drury-Avery
I think mza will be bounced around between the top three lines IF torts has to play EC with gaborik. If not EC is the odd man out he doesn't fit on any other line. I also don't think breakin up that third mine is the worst thing in the world, they've played well but have they scored? NO playing good shifts is great but I think having wolski on that line could really help put in the finishing department much more than Feds does. Like the idiots on NHL.com said threes the magic number, playing good shifts is great but it comes down to scoring and that third line doesn't score consistently, wolski is a big guy that could fit in with prust and Boyle. We need scoring depth and IMO that gets it done, now flame away since Feds is everyones favorite non offensive threat.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote