HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dale Weise

Old
01-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
Only a ranger fan can size up a rookies entire career in the NHL after 8 games of limited ice time from a couch.
Or they could feel that way after watching several WHL and AHL seasons.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:38 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I may be in the minority here, but I've been pretty consistent in my belief that I never thought he was anything special. Fourth liner at best, more likely a fill-in type.

Not much has happened to change my opinion.
I'm in the same boat. There's something about him that I don't think his AHL game transitions to the NHL successfully and on a full time basis. But hey, I could be wrong. At this point, not impressed. (except for his fight with Carcillo, that was good)

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:42 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
I'm in the same boat. There's something about him that I don't think his AHL game transitions to the NHL successfully and on a full time basis. But hey, I could be wrong. At this point, not impressed. (except for his fight with Carcillo, that was good)
I am in the exact opposite camp. I think his game will 100% transition to the NHL game. he plays a hard-nosed North-South style. He doesn't score pretty goals, he never has. The goals he scores are from the dirty areas where goals are there to be had at any level.

That is why he was drafted as an overager. His point totals weren't earth-shattering but his game, supposedly, would transition very well to the next couple of levels. I think he can become a Brandon Prust-like player(minus a little fighting skill, plus a little size).

I am actually pretty high on Weise. I think he is underrated by most people around here. I think he will be an NHLer for a while.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:47 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
I'm with you and Edge, to an extent. I dont think Weise offers much as far as upside. I do think he can be an NHLer. However, I dont see him being much more than a 4th liner, MAYBE a 3rd liner at best if he can further develop his game. But I still dont think he gets past 4th line status. He's a grinder, he may have scored the garbage goals in the AHL but that doesnt usually translate to the NHL for that same type of production.

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Rangers44*

For those who saw him play: how does Dupont compare to Weise?

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
Dupont was a bust. His game never transitioned to the pro game like I hoped.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Ace2008

Quote:
Weise needs to stop playing safe and showcase what he is capable of. Go all out, when hitting hit as hard as he can, crash the net, agitate, etc.
Volpatti on the Canucks is what Weise can play like...if he sets his mind to it...

every game that Volpatti plays you notice him and the top 3 lines ahead of him are stacked while the 4th is mostly depth players like Glass etc....Weise needs to go all out w/ both the hits and the netdrive in a classy not cheapshot manner the results will follow

Ace2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:39 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Less skill and less raw talent, but sort of a similar player in the way they both play physical and will drop the gloves. I'd like to see Dupont get a shot before the Rangers cut ties with him. He won't score much but he plays a solid game.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 07:27 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Less skill and less raw talent, but sort of a similar player in the way they both play physical and will drop the gloves. I'd like to see Dupont get a shot before the Rangers cut ties with him. He won't score much but he plays a solid game.
I like Brodie but he wont play for the Rangers...they should see what they can get for him...

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote