HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011 All-Stars Announced - Kopitar

Old
01-12-2011, 01:38 AM
LAX attack*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Jonathan Quick should have been there, but honestly, Kopitar really deserved it. Doughty has been ****ing around a bit, which is fine because its the regular season, and I think we need to remember how awful defensively Jack was for the first third of the year before we start crying afoul

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:26 AM
kingchuckb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Enigma? I think it's a little too early to be calling him that.
meant solely in terms of this season's play to this day as that's all the all star selection should judge in my opinion. As such, I do think the word is fitting for Doughty's play this season, not necessarily his career. Shift to shift he changes so much I never know which Doughty to expect. Sometimes hes amazing, other times hes just good, and rarely, but more common this year, hes terrible.

kingchuckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:32 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchuckb View Post
meant solely in terms of this season's play to this day as that's all the all star selection should judge in my opinion. As such, I do think the word is fitting for Doughty's play this season, not necessarily his career. Shift to shift he changes so much I never know which Doughty to expect. Sometimes hes amazing, other times hes just good, and rarely, but more common this year, hes terrible.
You are right. Note last nights game:

1st period he was dominating. I thought to myself "this might be one of... those games that Doughty has"

Next thing I know, sometime in the 2nd-3rd period, Doughty starts making a ton of mistakes, and next thing I know, completely blows coverage on a guy leading to a goal against

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 02:44 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchuckb View Post
meant solely in terms of this season's play to this day as that's all the all star selection should judge in my opinion. As such, I do think the word is fitting for Doughty's play this season, not necessarily his career. Shift to shift he changes so much I never know which Doughty to expect. Sometimes he's amazing, other times he's just good, and rarely, but more common this year, he's terrible.
Enigma is the wrong word I would use. Doughty is still growing and learning. I don't think he's been terrible but, last season was obviously much better. I'm not even that disappointed in him like some around here seem to be. I have faith that he's going to come back.

I can't wait till he signs a contract long or short.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 03:57 AM
123slam

Enigmatic is actually the perfect description for Doughty.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 01:17 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

This might sound a little stupid but can someone please explain the new format? Please

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 07:11 PM
kingscourt26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
This might sound a little stupid but can someone please explain the new format? Please
It's basically like playing sports in grade school. Fans voted players in and there are 2 captains that take turns picking players.

kingscourt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:46 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by scramble91 View Post
Lol that would be funny to watch...

But Elias has no business being in the game.

It might be possible the kings told the NHL not to invite quick so he can get rest
I can see a goalie like Hiller going last. No need to pick a third goalie for your team until the last round.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote