HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

According to Bertrand Raymond: James Wisniewski = MA Bergeron

Old
01-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Toro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
Come on. There's a lot of turd to sift through around here but there's a minority percentage of HF posters that are worlds better than a great deal of the 'professional' analysts getting paid good money to publicly fail. It's probably one of the reasons I don't even read printed media much at all anymore -- the good stuff here is well worthwhile and it's free.
If you read here a lot and get good use out of your ignore function, you can sift through the garbage and find lots of gold info here.

Anyone care to translate the article? I like to laugh at Bertrand also. Obviously MAB is no WIS.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Erika

I stopped reading when I saw Bertrand Raymond...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
If you read here a lot and get good use out of your ignore function, you can sift through the garbage and find lots of gold info here.
Believe me I sometimes daydream of the utopia of this board whittled down to the good posters, but I've never put anyone on ignore because I feel like I might be missing segments of conversation and everything would make less sense. If that makes sense.

Jedrik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
EDIT Also i ain't sure Hfboarders would make anyone look like idiots.
Depends which ones. Plenty here would fit in with the morons from RDS, but there are a few that would destroy them.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
This is the same guy who was lambasting the Habs for not signing Denis Gauthier last year. Well, Gauthier didn't get an offer from any team and he's since retired. It seems Bertrand Raymond would love a full team of D-Class Quebeckers. I'm surprised he's been in this business so long with so little hockey sense.

Am I wrong, or isn't Bertrand Raymond in the Hockey Hall of Fame as a journalist or something?
It's also the same guy that said Pierre Gauthier doesn't really like Quebecers because he lives in Vermont.

Old
01-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

I hate Bertrand Raymond

Anyone remembers this article where he wrote about how the organization was very disrespectful toward Québécois players?
http://ruefrontenac.com/bertrandraym...et-beauchemin-
-In this article (september 2009) Raymond tells us how great Tanguay, Beauchemin and Gauthier are. He said that the Habs should have showed more respect to those guys and sign them. He even said that Beauchemin would put Gorges and Hamrlik in his back pocket. Bertrand was once again completly wrong. Tanguay signed during training camp with Tampa (which is a sign that something was wrong) and he had by far the worst season of his career. Gauther was done at that NHL level and none of the 29 other teams showed any interest to sign him. Francois Beauchemin has been horrible since he joined the Leafs, probably even worse than Komi.

He got a buch of replies. Maybe 70% of the talkbacks disagreed with Raymond's article. Most of them said that the Habs are not there to give jobs to Quebecois, especially the ones who aren't good enough to play in the NHL anymore.

2 days later he wrote another article to reply to the talkbacks
http://ruefrontenac.com/bertrandraym...-blogue-gainey
He said that people on the Internet were mean and hiding behind nicknames. According to him, those who didn't agreed with him where people who didn't read the blog entry and didn't know how to write.

Anyway that's just one example of how bad B.Raymond his. When I see him on L'Anti-Chambre, I always want to throw stuff at my TV. It seems like he is only there to whine and he has this face of an old pitbull that shouldn't be showed on TV.

I also recall commenting the Lapierre trade and saying that Festerling was a borderline AHL defender. I am not saying that Festerling is a great dman who can a borderline AHL defender can manage to play more games in the NHL than in the AHL in the seasons. 2008-2009 and 2009-2010.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:18 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Of course Wiz is better but people are pretty severe with Bergeron , he wasn't THAT bad last year.Still better than Weber at the very least.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenMachine View Post
Of course Wiz is better but people are pretty severe with Bergeron , he wasn't THAT bad last year.Still better than Weber at the very least.
Considering Weber is a rookie with 26 NHL games of experience, MAB doesn't even come close to him.

Old
01-13-2011, 01:44 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Considering Weber is a rookie with 26 NHL games of experience, MAB doesn't even come close to him.
It's not a guarantee Weber will make anything considering he has not shown any big potential anyway.It's still to be confirmed.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:46 AM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

Quote:
There's one guy who does reporting, kind of a little plump-faced and usually unshaven, I think it's (something) Leroux. Is he a former player?
No, he isn't a former player. Actually he probably weighs around 300 pounds but I think that he lost some weight recently.

Lehoux is doing a great job covering junior hockey. The only time where he got annoying was when he repeated a 100 times that the CH had to draft Esposito a few years ago.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Toro

Quote:
Believe me I sometimes daydream of the utopia of this board whittled down to the good posters,but I've never put anyone on ignore because I feel like I might be missing segments of conversation and everything would make less sense. If that makes sense.
The wittling process could be fun.

I understand the second part of your post but you will see that effective ignore lists limit your headaches and lowers your blood pressure, but you still see the odd half conversation but usually you don't need to enter it cause someone will set the riff raff in line and usually with all the quoting you end up seeing both sides.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Better offensively, but Weber is already better than MAB defensively, and a better puck mover. The only area MAB is better is on the PP point...but with experience Weber should be as good.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 07:43 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
It's not a guarantee Weber will make anything considering he has not shown any big potential anyway.It's still to be confirmed.
What's your definition of big potential?

He's shown the potential to be a #4-5 guy who is very good on the PP and in transition for a contending team. #2-3-4 on a weaker team.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 08:00 AM
Teufelsdreck

Would Raymond bet half his salary that MAB will be playing for TB next season? I think Wisniewski will be playing for the Habs next season.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Vineon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
Tanguay signed during training camp with Tampa (which is a sign that something was wrong) and he had by far the worst season of his career. Gauther was done at that NHL level and none of the 29 other teams showed any interest to sign him. Francois Beauchemin has been horrible since he joined the Leafs, probably even worse than Komi.
Nah.

Gauthier aside, Beauchemin is the Toronto Dman that gets the most ice time and has a +- that borders even for a terrible team, often playing against the other teams' top lines. He blocks a lot of shots too.

Tanguay plays on a top line in Calgary and has 4 more points than the top Habs scorer. I also think he played good hockey for the little time he was in Montréal but as a french player, I'm pretty sure it was seen differently by every person here and their grandma, during his stay.

Vineon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:14 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineon View Post
Nah.

Gauthier aside, Beauchemin is the Toronto Dman that gets the most ice time and has a +- that borders even for a terrible team, often playing against the other teams' top lines. He blocks a lot of shots too.

Tanguay plays on a top line in Calgary and has 4 more points than the top Habs scorer. I also think he played good hockey for the little time he was in Montréal but as a french player, I'm pretty sure it was seen differently by every person here and their grandma, during his stay.
Do you honestly have to bring this crap into every thread? You're borderline trolling now. People didn't want tanguay back because he played like a little girl and turned ghost white when the thought of going into the corners crossed his mind.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineon View Post
Nah.

One season of Tanguay's soft play was enough for Bob Gainey, who foolishly traded for him partly because he was looking for a local hero. How many teams has he played for in the past two or three years? Four (actually five, since he was with Calgary twice). If you insist upon having a francophone, I'd rather have Benoit Pouliot, who isn't as soft. Tanguay's points mean nothing when his team stinks and he's unable to lift them.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Vineon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Tanguay's points mean nothing when his team stinks and he's unable to lift them.
There's 20 players in a team.

Wizniewski who gets no end of praise around here yet was a league "leader" in negative +/- and certainly hasnt made his old team a Cup contender. Would it be fine to downplay his contribution to the Islanders, as it didn't "lift them"?

Crosby scored over 100 points in his rookie season for a team that missed the play-offs. Wouldnt think many thought his contribution didnt mean ****. Oh but perhaps you did.. nah.

Tanguay is having a good season.

(In this post, it hasn't been said that Wiz is not a good player)
(In this post, it hasn't been said Tanguay compares to Crosby)

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Do you honestly have to bring this crap into every thread? You're borderline trolling now. People didn't want tanguay back because he played like a little girl and turned ghost white when the thought of going into the corners crossed his mind.
This crap certainly isnt brought by me nor was it ever. Did you stop to take a look at what the thread was about and how it developped through the posts before pointing fingers? Of course not.

How many threads are needed for you guys to lash out at the french media for having a soft spot for the locals? That much is ok, not so much the occasional discomforting opposite opinion. That would be 'trolling'.

Last edited by Vineon: 01-14-2011 at 01:22 AM.
Vineon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 04:36 AM
JudasPriced

The Wiz is a little a lot more sound defensively

JudasPriced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Pascal

Cliff notes on article: Bergeron is a Quebecois so he's the best. Vote yes at the next referendum pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Megaforce

Bergeron is 200 pounds !

I would love to see the scale they weighed him on.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 10:07 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
Bergeron is 200 pounds !

I would love to see the scale they weighed him on.
You're forgetting to account for his nose.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote