HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Donald Audette

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 07:08 AM
Prospect Prophet

vCash: 500
Donald Audette

What kind of production you think you'll get from Donald Audette?

Old
10-08-2003, 07:27 AM
caper13

i think if audette does not score within the first 5 to 10 games he will be in atlanta.

Old
10-08-2003, 07:36 AM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospect Prophet
I Audette doesn't produce relatively early, then I think
you'll either see him in the AHL or traded to another
team by no later than December. Last season, he got off to
a bad start, and I thought it was great that they sent him
down to the minors to work things out. I'm convinced that
Audette was not happy to be traded to Montreal; he said as
much on the Habs This Week tv show [CFCF in Montreal;also
available on Bell ExpressVu] not long after that trade.
He didn't say exactly why, but I suspect that the higher
income taxes are the main reason.

Old
10-08-2003, 08:04 AM
Orange

either 25 or 60 pts. Depending on which league he's gonna play most this year

Old
10-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Coco Fever

He won't finish the season with the Habs...

Saw him against the Wild last friday and today in the practice and I DON'T LIKE HIM AT ALL!!! He's a rat!

In games: doesn't work hard, always complain and waits for his linemates to set him up in the slot, does not understand the system and does not read the play...At one point in the game against the Wild Ribeiro was in forecheck...Donald followed him instead of blocking the board on the strong side...the new system being a 1-2-2 forecheck, when Mike saw that he had to come back hard and filled Audette's spot...It was obvious that Ribeiro was the "chaser" on that play and that Audette had to cover his board...

In practices: lazy, always has that "bah-it's-only-a-practice" smile after he misses an open net, one-timer right in the mask of Garon 10' away from the net...

HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!! That's enough...he drives me crazy. He's not a team player...The system Claude Julien wants to play this year is similar to the one that was used in Dallas when Hitchcock was there and Audette was signed as an UFA...he won't enjoy his season here either!!!

Old
10-08-2003, 10:01 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Fever

Saw him against the Wild last friday and today in the practice and I DON'T LIKE HIM AT ALL!!! He's a rat!

In games: doesn't work hard, always complain and waits for his linemates to set him up in the slot, does not understand the system and does not read the play...At one point in the game against the Wild Ribeiro was in forecheck...Donald followed him instead of blocking the board on the strong side...the new system being a 1-2-2 forecheck, when Mike saw that he had to come back hard and filled Audette's spot...It was obvious that Ribeiro was the "chaser" on that play and that Audette had to cover his board...

In practices: lazy, always has that "bah-it's-only-a-practice" smile after he misses an open net, one-timer right in the mask of Garon 10' away from the net...

HHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA!!! That's enough...he drives me crazy. He's not a team player...The system Claude Julien wants to play this year is similar to the one that was used in Dallas when Hitchcock was there and Audette was signed as an UFA...he won't enjoy his season here either!!!
Simply stated, a no brainer!!...Audette has to go elseware!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Habs

Quote:
I predict he quits hockey halfway throgh this season, and applies for the job of Mini-Me, in the upcoming Austin Powers movie.

Old
10-08-2003, 11:04 AM
Marksman

It would be fun to see him finding his groove again, like he had in 01/02 playoffs or late last season. He didnt have greatest camps or postseason ever... but he did manage to lead the team in shots. Have to take that for a good sign, because thats why he is there, I guess.

This guy really needs a good start. Two years ago, he was brought here to score goals, which he hasnt been able to do. That must really eat the man from inside. What a difference few lucky bounces could to - boost his confidence. If he makes it, and gets to play with Koivu for a season, sky is the limit... or atleast Zednik type of points.

Old
10-08-2003, 07:47 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:

Yeah, I saw Audette at the Wild game last Friday and I couldn't agree more. A floater, plain and simple. Audette will very quickly take over Breezer's role as the fan's whipping boy. Just watching his lazy play shift after shift was so frustrating (the only knock on what was a decently entertaining game overall).

Old
10-08-2003, 08:21 PM
CHareth

Quote:
I DON'T LIKE HIM AT ALL!!! He's a rat!
Totally agree. I've never liked this guy, and I was pi$$ed when he was signed. If he can't score goals on a consistent basis for the team, he is utterly utterly useless. I remember rejoicing when Gary Suter pounded the crap out of him a few years back. I met Suter once, and the guy has these giant cement hands and is tough as nails. Audette's face must have been hurting real bad after that.

Old
10-09-2003, 05:39 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper13
i think if audette does not score within the first 5 to 10 games he will be in atlanta.

wow. Short and sweet, and a definate possibility.

Maybe it will take more then 10 games, but a Thrasher reclaimation project is a possibility. I wonder if the coach likes him....?

Old
10-09-2003, 06:26 AM
SHUDO

Quote:

You should know, you're the prophet

Old
10-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Prospect Prophet

Quote:
You should know, you're the prophet -Shudo
You are correct but only for prospects....lol!

Old
10-09-2003, 06:55 AM
Howie Morenz

I predict he'll whine all year and cause dissention. I hope he is moved before he does this.

Old
10-09-2003, 07:06 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie Morenz
I predict he'll whine all year and cause dissention. I hope he is moved before he does this.
Yeah that seems to be his way. I hate his attitude. I imagine he could be a rotten apple in the locker room based on his personality and comments but this is of course just an opinion/speculation and not facts.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather have Ryder play the sniper role on the second line easily over him.

Arguments in favor of Audette: could score more goals (around 20) than Ryder (maybe 15).

Arguments in favor of Ryder: character, physical play, consistency, hard work, better defensively, team guy, cheaper, younger.

Closed Thread