HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crosbyless Refguins Crush Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2011, 09:50 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
The Refs also handed the Pens the 1st two penalties of the game, and if our powerplay wasn't horrible yesterday, maybe we jump out to an early lead.

All 3 of Pouliot's penalties were deserving and you can't argue with the too many men on the ice call. Not sure why all the fuss.

Pens' also lead the league in most times shorthanded, so clearly the league has a conspiracy against them.
The third Pouliot penalty was not deserving. That's a play done all the time that isn't called, it was called because he scored a goal. If you also notice, Kennedy retaliated and slashed Pouliot across the knee.

Now, I thought the NHL was supposed to call retaliatory penalties. Apparently not when it's Bettman's favorite son.

Old
01-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie View Post
The only thing I found amusing about the whole "Pose" thing, is that a bunch of millionaires who are paid to play a game need something to get them pumped to play. I could see if Price two handed Malkin or banged the coaches wife, but a pose?

Wow dude why are you so bitter and jealous? Were you bullied by jocks when you were a kid?

Fact is, pro athletes (especially hockey and football players) put their bodies on the line every day of the year for our enjoyment, and the market says owners can pay them 3-4-5M a year and still make money. Most of them can barely walk past the age of 45 because their bodies take more of a beating in 1 night than you and I will face in our entire lives and the average career is less than 5 years..

Be mad at the cast of Jersey Shore for undeservingly making $5M US a year, or talentless "artists" like Lady Gaga making $100M a year or Nicolas Cage making $20M a movie (3-4 months of shooting). But don't piss on guys who have more guts and balls in the tip of their little finger than most of us in our entire bodies just because you hate your ****** mid-income job...

\rant

Old
01-14-2011, 12:20 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
Wow dude why are you so bitter and jealous? Were you bullied by jocks when you were a kid?

Fact is, pro athletes (especially hockey and football players) put their bodies on the line every day of the year for our enjoyment, and the market says owners can pay them 3-4-5M a year and still make money. Most of them can barely walk past the age of 45 because their bodies take more of a beating in 1 night than you and I will face in our entire lives and the average career is less than 5 years..

Be mad at the cast of Jersey Shore for undeservingly making $5M US a year, or talentless "artists" like Lady Gaga making $100M a year or Nicolas Cage making $20M a movie (3-4 months of shooting). But don't piss on guys who have more guts and balls in the tip of their little finger than most of us in our entire bodies just because you hate your ****** mid-income job...

\rant
Ok, firstly, I'm not bitter at anyone making money playing hockey. My point from the start, which I assume you've read, was the inability of a team (The Pens in this case) to have to use the pose that Price did after the shootout to get pumped to play a team that just beat them on home ice.

I understand that professional sports careers can be short, fair enough, but don't you think it's a little odd that someone can make more in a year playing a sport than some professionals make in their entire life? Maybe when a sports career ends, get a job?

As for my hating my ****ing mid-income job, I have 28 yrs military service with tours of Somalia, Afghanistan, etc. Maybe we can send all of these guys with all the balls and guts making millions into Helmond province and see how they do? I have a funny feeling they'll be able to get up for their next hockey game.

/rant

Old
01-14-2011, 02:04 PM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
As for my hating my ****ing mid-income job, I have 28 yrs military service with tours of Somalia, Afghanistan, etc. Maybe we can send all of these guys with all the balls and guts making millions into Helmond province and see how they do? I have a funny feeling they'll be able to get up for their next hockey game.

/rant
Lol, talk about ranting to the absolute wrong person. Loved your comeback. Put a smile on my face.

Old
01-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The third Pouliot penalty was not deserving. That's a play done all the time that isn't called, it was called because he scored a goal. If you also notice, Kennedy retaliated and slashed Pouliot across the knee.

Now, I thought the NHL was supposed to call retaliatory penalties. Apparently not when it's Bettman's favorite son.
Funny considering Pittsburgh is leading the NHL in penalties

Old
01-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Ok, firstly, I'm not bitter at anyone making money playing hockey. My point from the start, which I assume you've read, was the inability of a team (The Pens in this case) to have to use the pose that Price did after the shootout to get pumped to play a team that just beat them on home ice.

I understand that professional sports careers can be short, fair enough, but don't you think it's a little odd that someone can make more in a year playing a sport than some professionals make in their entire life? Maybe when a sports career ends, get a job?

/rant
Fair enough, and I understand why people like you, who have literally put their lives on the line all these years, can feel like it isn't fair that pro athletes can make so much money. Military personnel, nurses, doctors, teachers... a lot of people contribute way more to society, and that's a completely different debate.

It's just I keep having these debates with people I know about how pro athletes are cry babies and spoiled millionaires, and then I look at the entertainment industry and shake my head...

I apologize for targeting you personally, you clearly deserve a lot of respect for what you have done in your life and your career. I know people who have been posted in Serbia and Haiti, and can only imagine (or can't) how hard it is.

Old
01-15-2011, 03:59 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
Fair enough, and I understand why people like you, who have literally put their lives on the line all these years, can feel like it isn't fair that pro athletes can make so much money. Military personnel, nurses, doctors, teachers... a lot of people contribute way more to society, and that's a completely different debate.

It's just I keep having these debates with people I know about how pro athletes are cry babies and spoiled millionaires, and then I look at the entertainment industry and shake my head...

I apologize for targeting you personally, you clearly deserve a lot of respect for what you have done in your life and your career. I know people who have been posted in Serbia and Haiti, and can only imagine (or can't) how hard it is.
No problem at all. Yes, I do have a bit of a hard time with salaries provided to athletes and actors. I mean, can't you get by with one million a year at 20? Maybe the ordinary guy could go to more than one game every now and then. But that's society and if people are willing to pay, why not take it? If they won't someone else would.

Cheers.

Old
01-15-2011, 04:05 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
No problem at all. Yes, I do have a bit of a hard time with salaries provided to athletes and actors. I mean, can't you get by with one million a year at 20? Maybe the ordinary guy could go to more than one game every now and then. But that's society and if people are willing to pay, why not take it? If they won't someone else would.

Cheers.
People in the entertainment industry for the most part do not seem to realize how lucky they are...as compared to people like yourself, who serve our country, a doctor who helps saves lives etc I guess it's a supply vs demand kinda of thing, and they get paid large amounts of money, and people watch them work, and entertain us...sometimes...

Closed Thread