HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Major Trade; Top Prospect for ??????

Old
01-14-2011, 11:00 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yes, but there's a big difference between Boucher/Leighton... and Boucher/Bob. Bob isn't perfect yet, but he probably has the best athleticism between the pipes that we've seen around here in some time.
Pretty much what I was going for. Bob is developing and will only be better come playoff time. Boucher is Boucher, solid with the right personnel in front, and except for the occasional off-night, will do what we need him to do. I feel confident with a Bob/Boucher tandem in net. I'd say the biggest thing they need to fix is the lack of discipline...that's something that a trade won't fix.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:01 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Homer should be publicly flogged if he trades JvR

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
So what are you saying? We'll be fine in playoffs with Bobrovsky and Boucher? Because both goalies arguable better than last year combination Leighton/Boucher?
Ah, no. I've been pretty explicit around here in stating that I don't think we have much of a shot at the Cup this year because of our goaltending. However, if the organization feels that Bob is the potential future in net for this team, then there is good reason to pop that playoff cherry now and see what happens.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Pretty much what I was going for. Bob is developing and will only be better come playoff time. Boucher is Boucher, solid with the right personnel in front, and except for the occasional off-night, will do what we need him to do. I feel confident with a Bob/Boucher tandem in net. I'd say the biggest thing they need to fix is the lack of discipline...that's something that a trade won't fix.
We're of slightly different minds here. I think it makes sense to roll the dice with Bob because of his potential future returns for this organization. It made no sense to roll the dice with Boucher/Leighton because they never had much future potential, IMO.

So, it's two different situations.

If you're focused entirely on winning this year, then making a trade for a goalie is something that you should probably advocate, IMO.

Old
01-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Really? Based on freaking what?

I guess you think Bobrovsky will pull Patrick Roy.
Quote:
If you're focused entirely on winning this year, then making a trade for a goalie is something that you should probably advocate, IMO.
We are a contender while Timonen and Pronger still got it not because we have Bob

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Cartsiephan*

Carter and Zherdev for Iginal and Glencross....? Done.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
We are a contender while Timonen and Pronger still got it not because we have Bob
No ****.

Old
Mgkibbles

The top prospect is probably Joacim Eriksson guys, calm down.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Cartsiephan wants to trade Carter?

SHOCKING

Old
01-14-2011, 11:23 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
This is ****ing stupid.

Iginla is 33! And makes $7 mill the next 2 years! Of course Calgary would make that trade because we shouldnt.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
The top prospect is probably Joacim Eriksson guys, calm down.
If this rumor holds any value it's not Eriksson. Eklund said himself the "prospect" is in the Flyers lineup

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:27 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
If this rumor holds any value it's not Eriksson. Eklund said himself the "prospect" is in the Flyers lineup
Nodl, JVR, and Bob are the only guys in the lineup I would consider "prospects".

Losing JVR or BOB will hurt this team more then help it. Nodl in a package for Vokoun doesnt bother me a bit. **** Stillman though, DO NOT WANT.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Trading Carter for Iginla is an incredibly terrible idea.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Mgkibbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
I actually saw Eklund said the prospect is someone currently in the Flyers lineup after I posted my original comment, and if thats the case then I don't know. I think its obvious the "major need" would be goalie, but why would we deal Bob or JVR? It doesn't make any sense, but maybe - hopefully - Nodl is getting confused with a top prospect.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:41 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
nothing is going to happen, Eklund is an idiot

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:51 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
We're of slightly different minds here. I think it makes sense to roll the dice with Bob because of his potential future returns for this organization. It made no sense to roll the dice with Boucher/Leighton because they never had much future potential, IMO.

So, it's two different situations.

I'm in an agreement with that, but the last part, depends on who you go after. I keep seeing the name "Vokoun" in this thread. Goaltending is important, but to take on Vokoun's cap hit we'd have to give up a significant player, which I'm against.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 12:16 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Cartsiephan wants to trade Carter?

SHOCKING
LOL - This must be the time of year that he enjoys the most, the possibility of a Carter trade is to him as a brand new bike is to a 4 year old on his birthday. Give it up already, we signed him for 11 years......sit back and relax, he isn't going anywhere.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 12:17 PM
phillyfanatic

I believe it to be Coburn + Boucher for Vokoun. That works for me and Florida would see Coburn as a blue-chip up and coming D-man. I am ready to trade Coburn.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
I believe it to be Coburn + Boucher for Vokoun. That works for me and Florida would see Coburn as a blue-chip up and coming D-man. I am ready to trade Coburn.

Carle instead of Coburn would make me happy enough. Couldn't see Florida doing that until the 23rd hour of deadline day though.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 12:35 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Carle instead of Coburn would make me happy enough. Couldn't see Florida doing that until the 23rd hour of deadline day though.
Why do people always want to trade Coburn over Carle? Carle is an obvious choice to move based on his contract and dubious play. Coburn is a real important D man to have for the playoffs...yeah last year he was pretty bad but this year he's been way more consistent. The guy logs big minutes and is a big body that can skate...even though he's not as fast as when we first got him.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 12:37 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Why do people always want to trade Coburn over Carle? Carle is an obvious choice to move based on his contract and dubious play. Coburn is a real important D man to have for the playoffs...yeah last year he was pretty bad but this year he's been way more consistent. The guy logs big minutes and is a big body that can skate...even though he's not as fast as when we first got him.
I think they're pretty much the same deal. Coburn is a bit better defensively, and Carle is better offensively.

Old
01-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

Coburn is able to jump into the offense when needed. His role with this team, though is to be more defensive minded. Carle can't kill penalties. Coburn can. There are plenty of Dmen who can work the point on the PP for the Flyers. Deal Carle.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
Coburn is able to jump into the offense when needed. His role with this team, though is to be more defensive minded. Carle can't kill penalties. Coburn can. There are plenty of Dmen who can work the point on the PP for the Flyers. Deal Carle.
Coburn is useless offensively. He can jump in because he's such a good skater... not because he has real offensive skill.

While I don't think Carle is a particularly good PKer per se, he had the best GAON/60 on the PK last year for this club. Coburn, on the other hand, got shredded on the PK last year. Once again this year, Carle has the lowest GAON/60 for the relevant players.... Coburn has improved considerably on that front.

Old
01-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
I think they're pretty much the same deal. Coburn is a bit better defensively, and Carle is better offensively.

I see a world of difference in these two guys although they fill a similar role on seperate pairings. Coburn is bigger, stronger and faster but neither guy could anchor a pair for 20 minutes a night. They have similar shortcomings, but what really does it for me is the muffin that Carle tries to pass off as a legitimate NHL slapshot.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
I see a world of difference in these two guys although they fill a similar role on seperate pairings. Coburn is bigger, stronger and faster but neither guy could anchor a pair for 20 minutes a night. They have similar shortcomings, but what really does it for me is the muffin that Carle tries to pass off as a legitimate NHL slapshot.
He has a good wrister when he uses it, however. He doesn't really like to shoot, so it is what it is.