HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Major Trade; Top Prospect for ??????

Old
01-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He has a good wrister when he uses it, however. He doesn't really like to shoot, so it is what it is.

Unfortunately the lanes close quicker on wrist shots, Agreed though.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Cartsiephan wants to trade Carter?

SHOCKING
Hey, at least Giroux could go back to center.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
This is ****ing stupid.

Iginla is 33! And makes $7 mill the next 2 years! Of course Calgary would make that trade because we shouldnt.
The Flyers window for winning the Cup is the next two years, I want the best chacne to win now, period.

Old
01-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
LOL - This must be the time of year that he enjoys the most, the possibility of a Carter trade is to him as a brand new bike is to a 4 year old on his birthday. Give it up already, we signed him for 11 years......sit back and relax, he isn't going anywhere.
Actually trading him now is when his return value is highest. And just an FYI, his NTC does not kick in until the 2012-13 season, so there is a window.

Old
01-14-2011, 02:10 PM
phillyfanatic

The more I read and what we are giving up, the more I like the following:

Hartnell-Briere-Leino
JVR-Richards-Nodl
Carter-Giroux-Zherdev
Carcillo-Betts-Powe

Pronger-Carle
Timonen-Coburn
O'donnell-Meszaros

Bob
Bouch

That lineup works. We keep our first rounder and Bob gets a chance to shine in the playoffs and we have ol' faithful Boucher to back him up.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:11 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Actually trading him now is when his return value is highest. And just an FYI, his NTC does not kick in until the 2012-13 season, so there is a window.
I know there is a window, but you have to know.....The Flyers organization is not going to trade a guy they just signed for 11 years. They clearly think he a building block. He is not going anywhere - you might as well learn to live with Carter in Orange and Black.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
I know there is a window, but you have to know.....The Flyers organization is not going to trade a guy they just signed for 11 years. They clearly think he a building block. He is not going anywhere - you might as well learn to live with Carter in Orange and Black.

Why not a full no movement clause then? I don't want Carter traded but obviously they left their options open for a reason.

Old
01-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Why not a full no movement clause then? I don't want Carter traded but obviously they left their options open for a reason.
Well, you can't have a NTC until you are UFA eligible. And I believe Carter has a few years of full NTC (prime years) before it opens up a bit.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Well, you can't have a NTC until you are UFA eligible. And I believe Carter has a few years of full NTC (prime years) before it opens up a bit.

Ah, thanks Jester, Did not realize that. Carter goes nowhere then.

Old
01-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Jester

Quote:
Yeah, technically Richards doesn't have a NTC yet.

If you'll recall this was the deal with Brad Richards a couple years back. He had his huge contract, and everyone knew TB was heading towards trading him... so they had this window prior to July 1st and his NTC kicking in to move him anywhere they wanted.

They didn't and that was that.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:23 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Twitter: OnFrozenPond
http://twitter.com/OnFrozenPond
Well, well, well: Scott Clemmensen gets 2nd straight start for #FlaPanthers on sat v #Devils 28 minutes ago via Facebook
Vokoun has been benched again.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Larry44
Where's Hovercraft?

Quote:
He never was.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:36 PM
MrHockey1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
Vokoun has been benched again.

Very interesting. Doesn't mean he's coming to Philly though. Or that he's getting moved at all. They are playing the Devils, you know. However it could mean he's getting traded.

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
I agree, but if there is a move which would help them win this year I have to think Homer pulls the trigger. His contract is very friendly. I do not think it will happen this season but if he coast through the playoffs and does not step up he very well could be moved. Probably not going to happen, but it is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Old
01-14-2011, 02:47 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
I believe it to be Coburn + Boucher for Vokoun. That works for me and Florida would see Coburn as a blue-chip up and coming D-man. I am ready to trade Coburn.
we arent going to move Coburn unless we get a decent defenseman back. The point of acquiring Meszaros was so we have have 5 top 4 d-men to take ice-time away from Pronger and Timonen

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:52 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Per late 11/13/11 Eklund Tweet:

Don't be shocked if a major trade comes down in Philly soon. Flyers to deal a top prospect to address a major need. Told>"Wheels in motion"

... I know that many here will immediately feel that that means a major deal will NOT be done... but I'm interested to know what people feel that major need is and who the Flyers top prospect would it be... and who are they after.

Could it be a JvR for a goalie... Vokoun?

Would they give a major prospect for a rental if the felt that would bring them the Cup?

Who do you feel are considered the Flyers top prospects?

I personally would hate to give up JvR for a one year player... not that I have any clue on who and what Eklund is talking about.
Walker and BarTOOLis to Tampa for Gagne...only throwing Bart in there bc Walker isn't a prospect

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
I agree, but if there is a move which would help them win this year I have to think Homer pulls the trigger. His contract is very friendly. I do not think it will happen this season but if he coast through the playoffs and does not step up he very well could be moved. Probably not going to happen, but it is not out of the realm of possibilities.
I find it hard to believe that an Organization would lock up a key player for a dozen years and then with the same management in place move him before his extension kicks in... To quote Mr. Spock, "that is illogical".

... That said, if however a blockbuster deal pops up where both teams trades equal talent that helps both side, I suppose the deal may be to hard for Home to pass up... but that does not include a rental or a short term fix.

The Flyers have always leaned towards being strong down the middle... Presently the Flyers have two franchise type centers locked up for the better part of a dozen years; at minimum a decade... and two more under their control for five seasons including this one. It would go against the grain for the Flyers to stray from this when the centers not only have not displayed major chinks in their armor, but have displayed an upward arc. Look at the point leaders on the team and you will see a tight pack at the top consisting entirely of those centers.

Carter's overall development is moving along nicely... people tend to ignore the fact that is is still a young pup... While he may not score 40 goals a season, he has progressed in his overall game and especially with his face-offs.

... If handed a deal he cannot refuse, Homer will have to consider it... short of that, IMO the next half decade will consist of Richards, Carter, Briere and Giroux rotating within the centering of the top three Flyers lines... unless a major Cap crunch forces his hand to do otherwise.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:02 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
I believe it to be Coburn + Boucher for Vokoun. That works for me and Florida would see Coburn as a blue-chip up and coming D-man. I am ready to trade Coburn.
A) Vokoun is as trustworthy as Bouch...granted they can **** the bed every now and again but for the most part they are solid... Why would we get rid of Bouch (bc of one bad game last night?) for a guy who expect 6 mil a year who has 6 goal nights as well. If we are gonna get rid of ppl for a goalie it better somehow be Bryzgalov or Miller

B) Vokoun is getting resigned today according to TSN

that's all folks

Old
01-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

BTW... I read here a couple places that Eklund stated that the prospect is presently on the Flyers roster... I follow Ek's Tweets and didn't see that there... Where are we seeing this statement?

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:06 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
Walker and BarTOOLis to Tampa for Gagne...only throwing Bart in there bc Walker isn't a prospect
gagne is -20 in 26 games this season with 4 goals and 4 assists for a whopping 8 points.

how exactly is that a missing piece?

i understand the sarcasm in these types of posts but people need to stop harping on the gagne deal. yeah, the return sucked. but salary needed to be dumped and it was dumped the right way.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:06 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
we arent going to move Coburn unless we get a decent defenseman back. The point of acquiring Meszaros was so we have have 5 top 4 d-men to take ice-time away from Pronger and Timonen
And the point in having 5 top4 dmen is to help, what was thought of, below average goaltending.
I think Vokoun could bail out a weaker 3rd pairing.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:07 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
BTW... I read here a couple places that Eklund stated that the prospect is presently on the Flyers roster... I follow Ek's Tweets and didn't see that there... Where are we seeing this statement?
What other tradeable prospects do we have, if not the ones on our team? Our farm team doesn't have anyone that could bring us a peice for a cup run in return

Old
01-14-2011, 03:07 PM
JABEE

Quote:
It's on his Profile page on Twitter. He was replying to people asking questions.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:08 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
A) Vokoun is as trustworthy as Bouch...granted they can **** the bed every now and again but for the most part they are solid... Why would we get rid of Bouch (bc of one bad game last night?) for a guy who expect 6 mil a year who has 6 goal nights as well. If we are gonna get rid of ppl for a goalie it better somehow be Bryzgalov or Miller

B) Vokoun is getting resigned today according to TSN

that's all folks
Vokoun > Bryzgalov, Miller

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:09 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFlying View Post
gagne is -20 in 26 games this season with 4 goals and 4 assists for a whopping 8 points.

how exactly is that a missing piece?

i understand the sarcasm in these types of posts but people need to stop harping on the gagne deal. yeah, the return sucked. but salary needed to be dumped and it was dumped the right way.
It was a joke...just as Eklund's vague bs trade predictions are. i will be sure to include "sarcasm" in the future.