HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Major Trade; Top Prospect for ??????

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2011, 02:10 PM
  #101
Shady McCoy
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Shady McCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 22,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
BTW... I read here a couple places that Eklund stated that the prospect is presently on the Flyers roster... I follow Ek's Tweets and didn't see that there... Where are we seeing this statement?
His response to kctimpone.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Shady McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:11 PM
  #102
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
What other tradeable prospects do we have, if not the ones on our team? Our farm team doesn't have anyone that could bring us a peice for a cup run in return
Not arguing for or against that statement... I'm just asking for the source where Eklund said he was presently on the roster, because that is not what I saw.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:11 PM
  #103
FlyersMania2
Registered User
 
FlyersMania2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
and salary wasn't dumped the right way...while NJ may be in last place that is partly because they are letting their "Devils for life" retire respectfully...keeping guys who have been there with them through it all past their prime...Gagne is one of the few guys Clarke wanted to be a Flyer for life...You don't think Gags should have retired a Flyer?

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:12 PM
  #104
FlyersMania2
Registered User
 
FlyersMania2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Vokoun > Bryzgalov, Miller
says the guy with Ray Emery as his avatar. Bryzgalov is on a terrible team who won't spend money and is easily one of the best goalies in the league. Miller (while I'm not a fan)...come on now, how can u argue?

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:13 PM
  #105
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
It's on his Profile page on Twitter. He was replying to people asking questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
His response to kctimpone.
Thanks, gentlemen.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:14 PM
  #106
Shady McCoy
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Shady McCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 22,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Vokoun > Bryzgalov, Miller
I'd take Bryz and Miller over Vokoun. Then again I'd most likely take Miller over any goalie even though he may not be the best. I love me some Americans.

Shady McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:25 PM
  #107
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
I have heard the Klotz is in play possibly. Also alexander Drozdetsky has drawn some interest along with Marko Kaupinnen.

Wonder if theodore is a potential target? not a blockbuster by any means.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:27 PM
  #108
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
says the guy with Ray Emery as his avatar. Bryzgalov is on a terrible team who won't spend money and is easily one of the best goalies in the league. Miller (while I'm not a fan)...come on now, how can u argue?
Florida has such a good team and spends so much money.....NOT Phoenix is way better than Florida dude. Vokoun is the Timonen of goalies. Everyone overlooks and underrates him.

Vokoun is an amazing goalie, as are Bryz and Miller. Every year since the lockout he has posted AT LEAST a .919% save %.(Miller has done that only ONCE, Bryz twice. Vokoun FIVE TIMES!!!!

The biggest thing Bryz and Miller have on Vokoun is age.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:28 PM
  #109
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
and salary wasn't dumped the right way...while NJ may be in last place that is partly because they are letting their "Devils for life" retire respectfully...keeping guys who have been there with them through it all past their prime...Gagne is one of the few guys Clarke wanted to be a Flyer for life...You don't think Gags should have retired a Flyer?
I respect Clarke more that I can relate here... that said, that is one reason Clarke burned out and was passed by by the 'New' NHL... The Cap and desire to win the Cup precluded Gagne from staying a Flyer until he retired. As sad as it is to say this, but Homer's decision to go another route has been a correct one so far... Now with Walker back and the Cap space not as much of a reduction as it once was, and Gagne playing we will see if it continues to be the correct move. There is also still the opportunity that Walker can be flipped as an asset, or that he can prove to be a good piece in the Flyers SC puzzle. As it is Gagne staying in O&B and altering the moves Homer made in the off-season seems to not the best way to go.

Being hard hearted, for better or worse, is sadly required in pro sports today, IMO.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:29 PM
  #110
PhillyCurt12
Registered User
 
PhillyCurt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
sign and trade for vokoun? i wouldn't mind that as long as it's no more than a 2-year deal and we could ship out at least one of boosh and leighton in the deal. the fact that a top prospect would be involved tells me homer isn't getting rid of his 1st (yet).

coburn/carle + boosh/leighton + ahl d prospect + mid/late pick
for
vokoun + early/mid pick?

also, perhaps the top prospect and the roster player are not one in the same. eriksson + roster player for vokoun?

who the hell knows. i doubt anything happens.

edit: i would also put my vote in for vokoun over miller/bryz if they are all on hypothetical 2-year deals. vokoun is sick.

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:31 PM
  #111
FlyersMania2
Registered User
 
FlyersMania2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Florida has such a good team and spends so much money.....NOT Phoenix is way better than Florida dude. Vokoun is the Timonen of goalies. Everyone overlooks and underrates him.

Vokoun is an amazing goalie, as are Bryz and Miller. Every year since the lockout he has posted AT LEAST a .919% save %.(Miller has done that only ONCE, Bryz twice. Vokoun FIVE TIMES!!!!

The biggest thing Bryz and Miller have on Vokoun is age.
if it came down to it, I would take Bryzgalov first - I believe he is THAT good. How about Carcillo, Leighton (I know he would need to clear waivers, this is just for fun) and JVR to Phoenix for Bryzgalov and Upshall lol

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:34 PM
  #112
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
I find it hard to believe that an Organization would lock up a key player for a dozen years and then with the same management in place move him before his extension kicks in... To quote Mr. Spock, "that is illogical".

... That said, if however a blockbuster deal pops up where both teams trades equal talent that helps both side, I suppose the deal may be to hard for Home to pass up... but that does not include a rental or a short term fix.

The Flyers have always leaned towards being strong down the middle... Presently the Flyers have two franchise type centers locked up for the better part of a dozen years; at minimum a decade... and two more under their control for five seasons including this one. It would go against the grain for the Flyers to stray from this when the centers not only have not displayed major chinks in their armor, but have displayed an upward arc. Look at the point leaders on the team and you will see a tight pack at the top consisting entirely of those centers.

Carter's overall development is moving along nicely... people tend to ignore the fact that is is still a young pup... While he may not score 40 goals a season, he has progressed in his overall game and especially with his face-offs.

... If handed a deal he cannot refuse, Homer will have to consider it... short of that, IMO the next half decade will consist of Richards, Carter, Briere and Giroux rotating within the centering of the top three Flyers lines... unless a major Cap crunch forces his hand to do otherwise.
If there is a 1st round exit and Carter bombs in the playoffs, I expect a move.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:45 PM
  #113
dawkins121
Registered User
 
dawkins121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 500
Gotta be talking about Vokoun right? Maybe Kiprusoff (god I hope not)? Maybe its just Theodore and Eklund is blowing this out of proportion? Or the most likely explanation: Eklund is just blowing smoke out his ass.

dawkins121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:45 PM
  #114
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
I have heard the Klotz is in play possibly. Also alexander Drozdetsky has drawn some interest along with Marko Kaupinnen.

Wonder if theodore is a potential target? not a blockbuster by any means.
Mario Kempe too?

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:47 PM
  #115
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 14,479
vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but in response to the Eklund rumor Tweet, an OHL writer said that Homer was on the phone all day yesterday with Toronto about Versteeg and/or Sjostrom. I'll try to find the Tweet and post it here.

EDIT:
Quote:
BrianHuddle
@Eklund Holmgren on phone with Burke all day-- asking bout Versteeg and Sjostrom.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:48 PM
  #116
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul
 
Sawdalite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Girouxsalem
Posts: 5,868
vCash: 500
This from Eklund's HB BloG:

This from a source close to the organization. The Flyers are looking to fill a MAJOR need which is viewed as the only thing standing in their way by some key higher ups. Also I have heard they may make this happen by moving a "key prospect" already playing with the club...
"the wheels are already in motion."



there is a couple clues that I see here... The fact that it is "higher ups" says to me it is above Homer. I understand Snider was very upset when the Flyers were apparently down to Backlund in the playoffs and exploded in a rage that that was unacceptable... I see that to mean that Mr. Snider was fed up with goalies being the possible reason the Cup hasn't come to Philly -- ok, maybe a reach -- If Snider or Luukko is stepping in, it has to be major, and maybe something that Homer would normally not do... I feel that the Organization has the aroma of the Cup in its nose and may be willing to move for the Cup THIS season... or next... or both... and looking for Bob to take them there down the line.

JvR for an established goalie that is or can be easily signed for a couple of years... not beyond belief to me.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:48 PM
  #117
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,980
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Mario Kempe too?
Is Kimbi Daniels still in the Flyers system?

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:53 PM
  #118
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 14,479
vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
This from Eklund'ss HB BloG:

This from a source close to the organization. The Flyers are looking to fill a MAJOR need which is viewed as the only thing standing in their way by some key higher ups. Also I have heard they may make this happen by moving a "key prospect" already playing with the club...
"the wheels are already in motion."



there is a couple clues that I see here... The fact that it is "higher ups" says to me it is above Homer. I understand Snider was very upset when the Flyers were apparently down to Backlund in the playoffs and exploded in a rage that that was unacceptable... I see that to mean that Mr. Snider was fed up with goalies being the possible reason the Cup hasn't come to Philly -- ok, maybe a reach -- If Snider or Luukko is stepping in, it has to be major, and maybe something that Homer would normally not do... I feel that the Organization has the aroma of the Cup in its nose and may be willing to move for the Cup THIS season... or next... or both... and looking for Bob to take them there down the line.

JvR for an established goalie that is or can be easily signed for a couple of years... not beyond belief to me.
I agree, but I would not be in favor this, unless the goalie is someone ridiculous like a Ryan Miller or Henrik Lundqvist. If it is for Vokoun or Giguerre or something like that, I will not be happy. I don't ever think JVR is going to pan out to be a superstar, but he is definitely on his way to being a solid 60 point type player IMO.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:57 PM
  #119
dawkins121
Registered User
 
dawkins121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but in response to the Eklund rumor Tweet, an OHL writer said that Homer was on the phone all day yesterday with Toronto about Versteeg and/or Sjostrom. I'll try to find the Tweet and post it here.

EDIT:
Sjostrom would be nice on the PK next to Betts and Versteeg could play on Richards' wing. Don't really think more forwards is a "major need" though.

dawkins121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:00 PM
  #120
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but in response to the Eklund rumor Tweet, an OHL writer said that Homer was on the phone all day yesterday with Toronto about Versteeg and/or Sjostrom. I'll try to find the Tweet and post it here.

EDIT:
not suprising they are talking as they are very good friends. If the pp continues to struggle in the next month i can absolutely see kaberle heading this way.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:02 PM
  #121
Shady McCoy
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Shady McCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 22,311
vCash: 500
Eklund also said on his twitter that Versteeg and Sjostrom were not what he was talking about.

Shady McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:04 PM
  #122
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 14,479
vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Eklund also said on his twitter that Versteeg and Sjostrom were not what he was talking about.
Oh really? Didn't see that. Haha. Well maybe there are other things on the horizon. I'd love to have Versteeg playing wing on a line with Richards and JVR, that is if JVR isn't shipped out for someone else. Ugh. This is my most hated time of year. I get very little work done and become very excited and also very frustrated multiple times a day.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:06 PM
  #123
Shady McCoy
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Shady McCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 22,311
vCash: 500
El Oh El. According to the Huddle guy Burke is insisting on JVR in that deal. I'll pass.

Shady McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:10 PM
  #124
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
El Oh El. According to the Huddle guy Burke is insisting on JVR in that deal. I'll pass.
Of course he is, Burke is eager to traderape stupid GM's.

Why do you think he has been talking to Homer all day, hahahahahaha.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:11 PM
  #125
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,606
vCash: 500
If JvR ,is traded, Homer should be fired immediately

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.