HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jan 13 2011|| Leafs at Coyotes || Well You can`t win em all...

Old
01-14-2011, 08:29 AM
RECsGuy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by serdy View Post
I know you and other posters on this board are not naive enough to think Reimer played terrific tonight. I have no doubt that if Gus was in net, there would be another explosion on this board, mostly people saying "a #1 MUST make some of those saves to win", or "He has no confidence, get him out!", or "He's back to his old habits!". Of course this is just conjecture, but I have no doubt it would be the case.
Gus fans seeing the way Giguere fans have lived during J.S.'s Leafs days. Not fond of it, are you? And, yes, it was apparent the 'yotes were intentionally targetting Reims' glove. Gotta shore-up that hole. Perfect time to return to the "A."

RECsGuy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Northern Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Not surprised there was a bit of a letdown at the end of a very successful road trip.

Haven't read the thread but I'm guessing this was all Lebda's fault and Wilson needs to be fired?
You forgot Beauchemin, he was clearly the worst player on the ice.

Northern Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:54 AM
ACC1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post

Selfishly, I was a little glad for a stinker. If I have to miss my Steelers game on Saturday they better put on a good show.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Aplayaz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post
he did stop a goal opportunity though

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Azura

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
Have to agree with many posters regarding Phaneuf. He really is brutal. What's his problem? And they should think hard about taking the "C" away. He is awful.
They never should have given it to him in the first place. He didn't deserve it then and he doesn't now.

Azura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Dylbot

Leafs were tired after a long road trip that included a ton of traveling. They worked hard last night but couldn't give that extra effort this teams need to give in order to win games. Fatigue also makes for poor decision making, something evident last night.

Dylbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:05 AM
mooseOAK*

Looked to me like the Coyotes had a strategy of playing the trap and letting the Leafs skate themselves tired because they knew what Toronto's schedule has been also.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:07 AM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylbot View Post
Leafs were tired after a long road trip that included a ton of traveling. They worked hard last night but couldn't give that extra effort this teams need to give in order to win games. Fatigue also makes for poor decision making, something evident last night.
The Coyotes played 3 games in 4 nights as well. I also dont really understand the whole "tiring road trip" thing. Its not like they have to ride a team bus all night. They took a flight out west, then a few very short hops between locations. They're not children, they know how much sleep they need. The jetlag is a non-factor.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:26 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:

Selfishly, I was a little glad for a stinker. If I have to miss my Steelers game on Saturday they better put on a good show.
Go Steelers Go!!!! That should be a helluva game, but I have faith in Big Ben to pull off the clutch performance he's famous for.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 11:30 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
The Coyotes played 3 games in 4 nights as well. I also dont really understand the whole "tiring road trip" thing. Its not like they have to ride a team bus all night. They took a flight out west, then a few very short hops between locations. They're not children, they know how much sleep they need. The jetlag is a non-factor.
Well you are a tough guy and impervious to fatigue but look at any team's record in the last game of a cross country road trip and you will see that there are a a whole bunch of teams that don't have your stamina.

Old
01-14-2011, 11:38 AM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Well you are a tough guy and impervious to fatigue but look at any team's record in the last game of a cross country road trip and you will see that there are a a whole bunch of teams that don't have your stamina.
Detroit and Chicago do the most traveling in the league and dont seem at all hindered by that.

Professional athletes, whos only job is to prepare for and play hockey games, not getting enough sleep because they had to play after a few extremely short flights for a few days before? Flights where you sit (so tiring!) that dont interfere with your sleep schedule. A time difference that makes no difference...

I mean...you do know how short the flights from LA to San Jose to Phoenix are, right?

Old
01-14-2011, 11:51 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Detroit and Chicago do the most traveling in the league and dont seem at all hindered by that.

Professional athletes, whos only job is to prepare for and play hockey games, not getting enough sleep because they had to play after a few extremely short flights for a few days before? Flights where you sit (so tiring!) that dont interfere with your sleep schedule. A time difference that makes no difference...

I mean...you do know how short the flights from LA to San Jose to Phoenix are, right?
Yes, I am quite aware.

I've heard plenty of NHL people talk about teams getting fatigued at certain points of their season so there is no real point in arguing this.

Old
01-14-2011, 11:55 AM
ACC1224

Quote:

They've probably become more accustomed to it.

Obviously playing 3 tough games in another time zone had an effect on last night.

Old
01-14-2011, 12:28 PM
bunjay

Quote:
They've probably become more accustomed to it.

Obviously playing 3 tough games in another time zone had an effect on last night.
If it's the change in timezone you think is having an effect, how exactly do you become accustomed to it?

Leafs won 4 and then lost. No need to find excuses. When the leafs fall apart in the third at home, it's just a bad game. Fact is that the good teams have good records on the road, and the bad teams dont.

top 5 teams on the west coast have a road record of 66-37-10. top six in the east have a road record of 75-41-16.

Lame excuses are lame.

Old
01-14-2011, 12:42 PM
ACC1224

Quote:
If it's the change in timezone you think is having an effect, how exactly do you become accustomed to it?

Leafs won 4 and then lost. No need to find excuses. When the leafs fall apart in the third at home, it's just a bad game. Fact is that the good teams have good records on the road, and the bad teams dont.

top 5 teams on the west coast have a road record of 66-37-10. top six in the east have a road record of 75-41-16.

Lame excuses are lame.
The same way you become accustomed to anything.

If you feel they had the same legs and played with the same intensity as the past 3 games, you'd be pretty much alone.

Don't bother replying, I think you're just being intentionally thick.

Old
01-14-2011, 12:44 PM
s1r0ky
Mr. Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML nation13 View Post
God that was a depressing game, no spark what so ever.

Phaneuf is terrible... to go from sundin to phaneuf is a JOKE
He is our captain. Respect him reguardless if he has a bad game or not!

s1r0ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 12:53 PM
pucky

My notes:
I didn't like that Brown hit. Looked deliberate and on the replay, you can see he gets his elbow up. Many players either skate bent over or need to at times. Jovanovski was bent over and was vulnerable. Gretzky had one of the most 'bent over' positions ever when he played. But, he didn't find himself on too many shots to the head because there were no enforcer rules. Then again, maybe a bit more respect between players. It's hard to tell because of so many variables and intangibles.

I thought that was a sucky move by that Coyote player to bring his leg up on MacArthur. Clarke wasn't even doing anything to him. He go the extra minutes?!? WTH?!?

I don't know why Brown is on this team. He's a bum. What does he do? Do Leaf fans not notice there's too many players like this? What is their role? They have NO talent. I assume he's another Burke pickup.

The D was again, horrible at coverage. On one highlight before the Jovanovski incident, Komisarek allowed a 2-on-2 turn into a 2 on 1 as he stayed in the middle for some reason instead of going after the other guy. How do these guys get into the NHL? A peewee player would know what to do!

Anyway, those are my thoughts summarized since they all came down to earth in the Desert!

pucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:13 PM
bunjay

Quote:
The same way you become accustomed to anything.

If you feel they had the same legs and played with the same intensity as the past 3 games, you'd be pretty much alone.

Don't bother replying, I think you're just being intentionally thick.
becoming accustomed to regular changes in timezone.

think about that for a second.

jetlag is not something you can 'get accustomed to.'

not that it matters, because a 3 hour time change for a few days makes no difference, you dont actually have to alter your sleep schedule enough. It's the equivalent of staying up later than usual when you can also sleep in later than usual.

Old
01-14-2011, 01:27 PM
EucaLEAFtys

It was really looking good to end up as a shut-out.... until Armstrong screwed it up.

It would have been #7 against the Leafs this season. Oh well.... maybe they'll succeed at getting shut-out vs. Calgary on Saturday.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 01:43 PM
MLHS Joe C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siroky10 View Post
What kind of crap is this? Are you serious?

MLHS Joe C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:27 PM
hockeyfanz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siroky10 View Post
Firstly I have to correct you...its regardless...thanks. And secondly "Respect him"? Are you serious? This is not your father or mother we are talking about....its a hockey player. What the hell has Phaneuf done to deserve anybodys' respect?

You can like him, hate him, be indifferent to him but respect him? Respect should be reserved for those who have a direct influence in your life...perhaps for those in positions that are rather selfless..

Why would I respect a punk half my age who is going to make more money this week than I will make this year playing a kids game and not even doing it well...

Perhaps Phaneuf deserves a waffle shower.

hockeyfanz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:39 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
becoming accustomed to regular changes in timezone.

think about that for a second.

jetlag is not something you can 'get accustomed to.'

not that it matters, because a 3 hour time change for a few days makes no difference, you dont actually have to alter your sleep schedule enough. It's the equivalent of staying up later than usual when you can also sleep in later than usual.
The first few days after traveling into a new time zone is the most difficult time even if just 3 hours difference, you also didn't take into account the stress of traveling itself to get there. Most people don't sleep or relax at all until the next day at least and even then they still have not adjusted.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:43 PM
LeeIs
M a t s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
Leels is there a way we can delete our posts, I left it because I tried to remove a post before but can't find that delete button. that used to be there?
I'm not sure, but i think u can delete it within a short period of time. when it passes that you won't be able to. but it's all cool, i deleted it for you. i saw you posted the thread after you made the post here so i thought you wanted it out there and that's why i was telling him to post his reply out there.

Old
01-14-2011, 02:46 PM
SeenSchenn2
Itchin' For Mitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIs View Post
I'm not sure, but i think u can delete it within a short period of time. when it passes that you won't be able to. but it's all cool, i deleted it for you. i saw you posted the thread after you made the post here so i thought you wanted it out there and that's why i was telling him to post his reply out there.
OT:

Another friggen GREAT avatar.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIs View Post
Thanks, I saw that there wasn't a thread on it, so I started one and then remembered I couldn't delete the one in this thread.

Anyway it's all good thanks again....Cheers

Budsfan is online now   Reply With Quote