HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Too many forwards?

Old
01-14-2011, 09:44 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
as long as drowzy is the captain, he wont be scratched. even though hes this...

Performance: Drury is cold (0 pts in last 8 GP).

Year to date 13 0 4 4 4

tots is old school. hes got respect for capt sleepy and wont dis him nor would i do that to him. as much as i dont like his game, i would not scratch the guy with the c. ever.

hes being minimized already. 10 minutes at e/s and pk is plenty for now.

christensen is the guy i scratch. everytime. if he doesnt light it up, i bring the midget back and let ec watch from the press box.

it comes down to ec or capt snoozy and the captain wins everytime on this one.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:45 AM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
1. Who would've thought at the beginning of the season we'd be having this conversation?

2. I like our lineup in shootouts going forward: EC, Wolski, MZA with Hank in our net.... Yeah, that'll do pig... that'll do.
1. I agree

2. You don't play guys in the lineup for shootouts, if that's the only thing EC can contribute then he should not be playing on a night by night basis in case of a shootout.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:46 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Sather specifically mentioned that they knew they were going to have to "rehab" Wolski. Sounds like they intend to invest time and effort in him. Which, to me, means, they want to get him into camp next year, get in "Ranger shape" and build him back up. I think he's here until at least the trade deadline of 2012.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:50 AM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
1. I agree

2. You don't play guys in the lineup for shootouts, if that's the only thing EC can contribute then he should not be playing on a night by night basis in case of a shootout.
oh, i absolutely agree, and I'm not advocating that we should, but Torts seems to like EC and I'm guessing that he tries to find a spot for him in the lineup. And if that happens, and it doesn't come at the expense of MZA, that would appear to be a formidable looking shootout lineup... on paper.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:55 AM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Yea I didn't think you'd be one to base a lineup for shootouts hah, I hope wolski and gaborik start clocking so when EC comes back gaborik isn't campaigning for EC to be on his line

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Ke11y96

As of last night we had..

Wolski - Stepan - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - MZA
Fedotenko - Boyle - Prust
Avery - Drury - Weise

Staal - Girardi
Eminger - Sauer
McDonagh - Gilroy

Missing from Action...Callahan, Christensen, Prospal, Boogaard, & Usual regular Del Zotto in CT.

I think Boogie is done for the year, Prospal however will probably come back just in a very limited role after all they said he's been skating and that knee isn't swelling up which is a plus. To those that think Callahan shouldn't be where MZA is I think thats wrong. MZA certainly hasn't out played Callahan in that 2nd line RW position so when Cally's back it will at least knock down him to either 3rd line or LW.

Prospal to me could be seen as early as mid February but again in a limited role. Leaving Prospal and Boogie out of any particular changes I see it shaking out with very subtle changes...meaning no Richards, Iginla, Pavelski or anything major, the biggest thing may be done by acquing a defenseman but, I don't see a major trade in the works.

Wolski - Stepan - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Avery - Drury - MZA

The third and fourth lines ice times will fluctuate depending on the opponent. In regards to the defense..

Staal - Girardi
Eminger/Del Zotto - Sauer
McDonagh - Gilroy

The pieces I would expect to be at least discussed leading up to the deadline would be..Christensen, Avery, Drury, Eminger/Del Zotto, Gilroy, and this farfetched notion of Gaborik.

Some names I expect to hear us inquiring about but like I said earlier nothing getting done are...Richards of course, Kaberle, Pitkanen, Phillips, and this talk about Iginla it seems farfetched but if we didn't look at the age difference of the two superstars it does make some sense...Iginla is your 35-50 goal scorer who plays the game like all current rangers do hard in the corners, drops the gloves, and rarely injured, ect..where as our boy Gaborik who if he is injured it must be a arm or wrist injury cuz his shot looks nothing like it did last year. Hates the contact, and I think the reason for that lack of chemistry with linemates is that he isn't getting into that hard nosed grinding Rangers type of game. Again farfetched but it makes some sense in a twisted way..just my take..

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 10:17 AM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I got a feeling Wolski gets traded before or at the deadline.
wolski for tyutin?

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 10:22 AM
bscharf

Simple Answer

#1- If a teams problem is too much talent and where to put it, then that is NOT A PROBLEM AT ALL. ANY TEAM WANTS THAT PROBLEM

#2- Its Hockey- By the time Cally/Ec/Prospal return, someone else will be banged up.

#3- All that talent makes for trade bait to sign richards at deadline

bscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

MZA isnt a fourth line player, he will probably be on the 2nd, at worst the 3rd. Or will be sent down. Theres no point having him on the 4th line.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 10:47 AM
manifesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
The bolded is the biggest reason why I think he'll go. The other part of me think that he'll be dealt in a package for Richards or somewhere else to make room for Richards during the season.

I'm not very optimistic about Wolski. But if he does do well here, good.
Agreed. If Wolski isn't doing well, I can see Sather shopping him as much as possible right at the deadline.

manifesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Barring any trades, and assuming Prospal and Boogaard are done for the year, we take this roster into the playoffs:

Wolski - Anisimov - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Stepan - Zuccarello
Avery - Drury - Callahan
Christensen

Staal - Girardi
Eminger - Sauer
McDonagh - Gilroy
Del Zotto

Lundqvist
Biron

There's no shootouts in the playoffs, no need for Christensen.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Balej20*

Get rid of God damn Drury! He's a complete and utter waste.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Canjo
AVA

as much as i like watching avery play, i think he and drury need to get out of town, they really dont do much for us, drury blocks shots, pk, but the captain of our team shouldnt be an aging utility player. as for avery, he is the most noticable and useful guy on the ice every 10th or 15th game, not worth keeping around

by the way whats happening with Boogaard?

Canjo is offline   Reply With Quote