HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buccigross: Brad Richards will not be traded

Old
01-14-2011, 05:19 PM
pman25

vCash: 500
duh, no brainer. Sure you could get a first rounder and decent prospect, but the Stars are playoff contenders and you play to win the Stanley Cup. Trading your best center when you have a chance to win would be...dumb

pman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 05:19 PM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Not surprised, and I also won't be surprised if he re-ups with Dallas.

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Learn to read jakoff..

Losing him in the offseason for zero in return to UFA is just plain dumb.. It's Leaf mentality, Sundin all over again except Richards is still young & would garner more in return than Sundin would have.

Unless ofcourse Dallas has plans to resign him, then it makes tons of sense.
Dallas is not going to lose him for nothing. There is no way Dallas would come out and say they are not going to trade him if there wasn't already signs pointing to new ownership by the time he becomes a UFA.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Blue Regime

Quote:
& thus the dreams of Leaf fans across the Globe are crushed... No but seriously, since when is Bucci a source for solid info.. He's works for friggn espn... & he's a Crosby fanboy.. I respect Crosby's talent, but Bucci defends him every time somebody writes in complaining that 87 is a whiner..

So Dallas will be buyers at deadline? Makes zero sense if Dallas has no intention of paying him in the offseason, why not get something for him while his value is at its peak? Unless they really intend on signing him..?
It's not his decision what gets put on ESPN and what doesn't. Buccigross is one of the few anchors, though, that actually acknowledges hockey for what its worth. I would also suspect that his love of Crosby is simply to give the league whatever attention it can get.

Blue Regime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 05:29 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Losing him in the offseason for zero in return to UFA is just plain dumb.. It's Leaf mentality, Sundin all over again except Richards is still young & would garner more in return than Sundin would have.

This is a business my friend, not a fantasy team. What do you tell your fanbase if you move your #1 center and leader when you have a solid shot at making the playoffs and probably go past the 1st round?

"I know we are currently 3rd in the best conference in hockey but we just moved our top guy for picks and a couple of guys that will be heading to the AHL. I hope you will continue to show your loyalty to the team you love so much. Go Dallas Go !!!".

Owners would be commiting PR suicide with his fanbase and would be fired on the spot. They would generate major revenues if they make the playoffs and they have a solid team to upset a couple of teams if they can make another trade to solify the blueline perhaps... I have no idea of their needs but I do know they are leading their division

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Duh.

This talk should of stopped the moment Joe made the Langenbrunner trade. Pretty clear they are buyers.

Scottyk9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 05:34 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
I've never understood the fuss. They are obviously a good team, makes no sense to trade him even if they lose him for nothing, they will be saving themselves a ton of cap space for the future. I still think they will re sign him anyways. No team in their position would trade him.
The fuss was they could've been forced to trade him by ownership, but that isn't the case now.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Falconator

Shocking!!! Of course he's not moving...they're a playoff team.

Falconator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:14 PM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzor View Post
Dallas as a team is in a terrible financial situation and needs whatever money it can muster together.

Playoffs = $$$$

Therefore, as a team that NEEDS to make the playoffs for reasons other than pride, Brad Richards will not be traded.

Hockey is a business as well as a sport, jakoff
this

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:24 PM
GE0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML nation13 View Post
pretty OBV they are 3rd, why the **** would they trade their best player, its just to bad they will lose him in the offseason to Toronto
I don't see him signing with the Leafs. There are other places/teams he'd prefer to go to instead that will pay him as much if not more than the Leafs would. Hopefully all your hopes and expectations aren't set on the Leafs acquiring Richards, because if so, I think you'd be better off preparing yourself for disappointment and/or open up to the idea of alternative moves.

GE0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:32 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE0 View Post
I don't see him signing with the Leafs. There are other places/teams he'd prefer to go to instead that will pay him as much if not more than the Leafs would. Hopefully all your hopes and expectations aren't set on the Leafs acquiring Richards, because if so, I think you'd be better off preparing yourself for disappointment and/or open up to the idea of alternative moves.

At this point nobody knows what Richards wants other than him and his agent, everything else is speculation. If Richards is available July 1st, the Leafs will absolutely make a push for him.

Dear Bruins fan, the Leafs didn't trade Sundin because he had a NTC and declined waiving it..... they asked him, and Tucker, and Kaberle, and Kubina.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:33 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

It was pretty obvious he wasnt going to get traded

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Gerbe42
Hodgson 2 Vanek

good He can sign with buffalo in the summer

Gerbe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:41 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Try and tell me something less surprising... really... how in the world are they going to get rid of him since they're in the playoff race? JEEZ. Freakin wizards on TV with their crystal balls these days.

In other news, water is wet.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:47 PM
phillipmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Goon View Post
Oh no, who do leaf fans want now?
It actually helps the Leafs.

We didnt have the assets to get Richard. He is likely going to test the market. It appears that there will be a short list of teams that could afford him

If he test the market then the Leafs have a better shot at him to sign then in a trade.

phillipmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:48 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

The Langer deal should have been evidence enough that the Stars are looking to be competitive in the playoffs this year. They'll keep Richards, though, I can't even begin to guess at what'll happen in his future.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Barney Gumble

Can't be too many teams that were in a playoff spot (actually division leader) that dealt someone playing a major role at or around the trading deadline for picks/prospects.

Maybe the Ducks when they dealt Keith Carney? That's about all I can think of.

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 07:36 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Hmm, so roughly thirty people in this thread think it was a non-issue and borderline retarded to even contemplate trading Richards yet he has been asked by virtually every hockey writer who doesn't covers the sport what the story is on his trade/contract status. If it has been made explicit that he will not be traded, yes it is news.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:20 PM
embracedbias

Quote:
Learn to read jakoff..

Leaf mentality?

You are aware that the Leafs WANTED to trade Sundin, McCabe, Kubina, Kaberle and the crew, but were blocked by NTC's.

How is this not trolling and/or flaming?

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipmike View Post
It actually helps the Leafs.

We didnt have the assets to get Richard. He is likely going to test the market. It appears that there will be a short list of teams that could afford him

If he test the market then the Leafs have a better shot at him to sign then in a trade.
Actually the Leafs have the assets but Burke's not going to pull the trigger and move Schenn or Kadri. This will be the same issue come the off-season if Richards is retained by Dallas. If Toronto seriously wants to be a top contender then they are going to have to eventually move some pieces to get a an elite player. I have no clue what players are going to fit that label that will be UFA's beside Richards after the season. Fans have to be tired of seeing this **** year after year. A trade needs to be made so that players who are going to be on the block in the future will see that Toronto is serious about contending. IMO acquiring Kessel who is hot/cold and Phaneuf who is an avg. D man is not enough. Toronto is my fav. team other than the Rangers and Dallas and i want to see them succeed but this year after year of missing the playoffs or getting knocked out in the 1st round is getting old.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 08:37 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

This coming from the guy who predicted the Calgary Flames to win the Northwest Division this season...Buccigross doesn't know jack.

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2011, 09:59 PM
New Liskeard

Quote:
Learn to read jakoff..

Your first post in this thread should have been warning enough, but this clearly shows age, maturity level, and experience in watching NHL hockey is not a mandate to post here. According to your post, most GM's must be dumb, because many players make it to UFA each year, and get zero on return. Teams that lose players to UFA are not "dumb" (according to you) they clear up a contract and cap space to aquire a player to re-place the one that was just lost. Try putting your bias aside and engage in a hockey discusion for a change.

New Liskeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp71 View Post
I know, why not trade him now instead of going for the Cup.

Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:50 AM
zeus3007*

Not really news, any monkey could have told you this.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:06 PM
ScubaSteve*

This is certainly going to get in the way of Toronto fans sending all their garbage to Dallas for Richards.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote