HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2011, 05:23 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
I got Two Worlds II and Dragon Age II reserved. DA II Im playing on the PC, its 100x better on PC then 360.

Old
01-11-2011, 05:24 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I got Two Worlds II and Dragon Age II reserved. DA II Im playing on the PC, its 100x better on PC then 360.
What people don't get it, almost everything is better on the PC .

Old
01-11-2011, 05:26 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I said price of the PS3 was a big factor in 2007, not today.

Agree about PC. Oblivion ruled on PC,

Any gamer should play Zelda. Plain and simple. If you dont want to spend money, Get a SNES emulator and play Link to the past, and then get a 64 emu and play OOT at least.

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 01-11-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old
01-11-2011, 05:30 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
What people don't get it, almost everything is better on the PC .
I was always a PC gamer, so I guess thats why. I love steam and have bought so much **** from them. DA, the first one, had such a good storyline. The console version was terrible. The actions + tactics on PC were alot harder/funner.

Only reason Im not playing Two Worlds II on the PC is because I have a few relatives/friends who are going to play it on the 360. Ill sacrifice gameplay to be able to play with people. I LOVE Co-op games. Such a huge fan of them. From the old days of pac-man co-op to now.

Old
01-11-2011, 05:38 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I played ME2 on the PC and it so epic. Honestly, I'm sure the cover system would work better on a controller, but I think everything else is better with a keyboard and mouse. The only Zelda I've played is Link to the Past for the GBA, but it's been forever. Also, I do own an SNES, but the problem is, it's messed up and it either needs to be severely cleaned or replaced, which sucks. Me and my brother have owned this system since about 1992.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:01 PM
IrishSniper87

I really enjoyed Mass Effect 2. Wanted to play through a second time on a harder difficulty, but I dont have the time.

I used to love playing videogames and playing all kinds of stuff, but now I buy about 3-4 games a year. I envy you guys who have the time to play all that other ****. It's hard enough finding time to watch Flyers games, let alone playing some of the games I want to play.

Always wanted to play the new Metal Gear Solid (and by new, I mean everything past Sons of Liberty that I never got around to actually playing after playing Solid on ps1 and Sons of Liberty countless times) and SOCOM games, but the PS exclusivity killed that. Wanted to try Fable 3, Left 4 Dead 2, Bioshock 2, Fallout 3, Borderlands, new Super Mario, new Assassin's Creed games (other then the original that I played in college), as well as almost countless others, but I probably never will. Oh well.

When I do have some free time, I just dont always feel like playing games (since I have so few) so I surf ESPN3 and Netflix on the XBox. Since last January I have watched all of LOST, Weeds, and half of 24. I LOVE Netflix.

ESPN3 has tons of college sports and soccer on it. I have been watching some Arsenal games when I can. Wish they had more games on from the EPL though.

Old
01-11-2011, 08:11 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
My list of games that I've really enjoyed playing;

Mass Effect 2
Uncharted 2
Heavy Rain
M.A.G.
Halo 2
Gran Turismo 5
Killzone 2
KOTOR I
KOTOR II
WoW
Halo: 3
Halo: Reach
Guitar Hero II
Left 4 Dead
Ace Combat Series
Mirror's Edge
Prototype

This is obviously exclusive of N64 Sega Genesis or earlier, but it sums it up pretty well

Old
01-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Ok, rather then continue the XBox/PS3 debate (which has turned into a PS3 **********), I have a much more interesting question.

Highest level in Black Ops Zombie mode?

1 player - 5 (lol)
2 player - 8 (ugh ...)

Need to try it with 4 people though. Any tips? I played it only a few times so far, but I'm interested in trying 4 person co-op. I hear the highest level anyone has gotten to is 76. Which is nuts.

And I'm level 34 online, you can tell I don't play much considering I got the game at launch.
Zombies have taken up more of my free time in college than study.

Actually haven't played 1 player but...

2 player-21
4 player-33

Both on Kino der Toten. Five is pretty tough unless you hide in the elevator...think we've gotten to 11 and 17 there.

Old
01-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Start Leighton*

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/60831988

This is how bad the people in my club are. I am the 5'2 guy on that play I took it the whole pitch gave my friend a perfect cross and he finishes with that ********.

Old
01-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

I've gotten to 26 on Five with 4 players. Three of us had PAP'd ray guns, and another with a PAP'd HK36, so that helped out quite a bit (plus we got all perks by about round 15). What we did was stuck in that one room where it warps you when you go up to defcon 5...there's a large meeting table in there, and you can PAP your weapons in there too. Three people watched the main door, and one watched the window in the back. We could have gotten much further, but someone screwed up between rounds on the warp and we all got warped different places instead of back into that room as the next round started.

Old
01-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Flyerfan808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post

Any gamer should play Zelda. Plain and simple. If you dont want to spend money, Get a SNES emulator and play Link to the past, and then get a 64 emu and play OOT at least.
I got the SNES emu specifically for FFIII (VI), Super Metroid, Super Punch Out, Super Mario World, and Zelda LttP. I put them on my droid phone as well and the games run remarkably smooth. I like to run speed tests on these games and it Took me a 50 minute bus ride to work this morning to beat Super Metroid start to finish. Super Punch Out is another must have. Game is rediculously addictive, yet so simple and still light years better than most games for your phone.

Old
01-12-2011, 02:17 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
Zombies have taken up more of my free time in college than study.

Actually haven't played 1 player but...

2 player-21
4 player-33

Both on Kino der Toten. Five is pretty tough unless you hide in the elevator...think we've gotten to 11 and 17 there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
I've gotten to 26 on Five with 4 players. Three of us had PAP'd ray guns, and another with a PAP'd HK36, so that helped out quite a bit (plus we got all perks by about round 15). What we did was stuck in that one room where it warps you when you go up to defcon 5...there's a large meeting table in there, and you can PAP your weapons in there too. Three people watched the main door, and one watched the window in the back. We could have gotten much further, but someone screwed up between rounds on the warp and we all got warped different places instead of back into that room as the next round started.
I haven't played with 4 people in Zombies yet, so I am excited to try it. Getting to Level 8 with just me and my buddy was awesome, until we died and had to start all over again.

Old
01-13-2011, 07:40 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Anyone have Gran Turismo 5 and want to trade some cars?

Old
01-15-2011, 02:27 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post

SNES Zelda is the second greatest gaming experience I have ever had, right behind Metal Gear Solid.

both of those are behind Half Life 2, which was in a world of it's own.

So tonight I have started playing online Black Ops on ps3. My first kill: I shoot a guy through a window. he goes down to last stand, my attempt to headshot him fails, he sends me to last stand. I then kill him through the wall with my pistol.

Old
01-15-2011, 02:34 AM
SolidSnakeUS

I just can't wait till next month. 3 games planned for me. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3), Bulletstorm (for the PC) and maybe Killzone 3. ******* my wallet is going to suffer .

Old
01-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Start Leighton*

What?

Old
01-17-2011, 02:42 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
SNES Zelda is the second greatest gaming experience I have ever had, right behind Metal Gear Solid.

both of those are behind Half Life 2, which was in a world of it's own.

So tonight I have started playing online Black Ops on ps3. My first kill: I shoot a guy through a window. he goes down to last stand, my attempt to headshot him fails, he sends me to last stand. I then kill him through the wall with my pistol.
The number of people running last stand these days is completely out of control... I've been running into teams where about 75% of the folks have it on.

They may change the rules in the next update so that the guy that drops a guy into last stand gets the "kill" and the guy that finishes him off gets and assist (if different)... which is a change that would remove about 90% of my aggravation with second chance. The other 10% relating to it getting me killed (usually by a 2nd guy showing up while I'm still dealing with the 1st) will not be solved.

Quote:
I just can't wait till next month. 3 games planned for me. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PS3), Bulletstorm (for the PC) and maybe Killzone 3. ******* my wallet is going to suffer .
I'm pretty stoked about Killzone 3... though, not sure I'll be able to smoothly transition to it from COD.

Old
01-26-2011, 01:18 AM
SolidSnakeUS

My god next month is going to destroy my wallet. I played the Bulletstorm demo and it was fun as hell. I really want Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Killzone 3 is looking amazing. My bank account is crying . Was thinking of trading in Dead Rising 2 and Super Street Fighter IV to help pay for them. I seriously don't play Dead Rising 2 or Super Street Fighter IV anymore, I'd rather play Marvel vs. Capcom 3 over them, especially since I know I'll have a friend that will actually buy it.

Old
01-26-2011, 01:29 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The number of people running last stand these days is completely out of control... I've been running into teams where about 75% of the folks have it on.

They may change the rules in the next update so that the guy that drops a guy into last stand gets the "kill" and the guy that finishes him off gets and assist (if different)... which is a change that would remove about 90% of my aggravation with second chance. The other 10% relating to it getting me killed (usually by a 2nd guy showing up while I'm still dealing with the 1st) will not be solved.

I'm pretty stoked about Killzone 3... though, not sure I'll be able to smoothly transition to it from COD.
That just happened.

I personally love Last Stand. I used the FAL almost exclusively in MW2, so i can pop off pistol rounds pretty damned quick. I've racked up a few kill streaks in Last Stand, and managed to cap flags.

Old
01-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That just happened.

I personally love Last Stand. I used the FAL almost exclusively in MW2, so i can pop off pistol rounds pretty damned quick. I've racked up a few kill streaks in Last Stand, and managed to cap flags.
Yeah, pretty happy with the change. I only get annoyed with second chance when like the entire team is running it... however, it is in the game so people should use it. There are obvious advantages (both to you and your team) for using it, so run with it. I haven't been using it a lot lately (been toying around with Hacker), but definitely used it my first couple times through prestige. My go to class setup now is Ghost-Warlord-Hacker for a TDM game, and generally play Lightweight-Warlord-Marathon for Domination.

Old
01-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

I might start playing Black Ops again...the cheating in MW2 has gotten to the point where you can't find a game without it. And I don't mean subtle cheating, I mean blatantly obvious flying through the air shooting AC-130 rounds out of an assault rifle cheating. Last week I was in a lobby where these guys de-ranked my account and I lost everything except my stats, and then not 3 games later, these other guys unlocked every challenge/gun attachment/camo and boosted me back up to level 70. It's insane how bad it is, but apparently there's a way around it if you can force yourself as host, since the cheaters need to be host in order to cheat.

Old
01-26-2011, 09:25 AM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
My god next month is going to destroy my wallet. I played the Bulletstorm demo and it was fun as hell. I really want Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Killzone 3 is looking amazing. My bank account is crying . Was thinking of trading in Dead Rising 2 and Super Street Fighter IV to help pay for them. I seriously don't play Dead Rising 2 or Super Street Fighter IV anymore, I'd rather play Marvel vs. Capcom 3 over them, especially since I know I'll have a friend that will actually buy it.
I hear you man. . . I picked up the Move a couple weeks back. I bought Dead Space 2 yesterday, I'm looking forward to Marvel vs. Capcom mainly because Dead Pool is in it. Kill Zone 3 looks amazing. On top of that, the Mother of ALL VAPORWARES Duke Nukem Forever is FINALLY coming out in March. Thank God I kinda work between going to school.

Nice to finally see some good games coming out. I feel like there hasn't been **** since God of War 3 and StarCraft 2 (I don't count the NHL series as a big title)

Old
01-26-2011, 09:33 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/60831988

This is how bad the people in my club are. I am the 5'2 guy on that play I took it the whole pitch gave my friend a perfect cross and he finishes with that ********.
How often does your club play?

I'm looking for a club that plays at night. I am a good midfielder and winger. Not the best striker and as a defender I can make plays but am nothing special. I just want a team that I can play with some decent ****ing players instead of those drop in games that are full of *******s.

Old
01-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinerary View Post
I might start playing Black Ops again...the cheating in MW2 has gotten to the point where you can't find a game without it. And I don't mean subtle cheating, I mean blatantly obvious flying through the air shooting AC-130 rounds out of an assault rifle cheating. Last week I was in a lobby where these guys de-ranked my account and I lost everything except my stats, and then not 3 games later, these other guys unlocked every challenge/gun attachment/camo and boosted me back up to level 70. It's insane how bad it is, but apparently there's a way around it if you can force yourself as host, since the cheaters need to be host in order to cheat.
The dev support for that game ruined it... that being the complete lack of it. By the end the OMA tubers alone made 50% of the game unenjoyable.

Old
01-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
How often does your club play?

I'm looking for a club that plays at night. I am a good midfielder and winger. Not the best striker and as a defender I can make plays but am nothing special. I just want a team that I can play with some decent ****ing players instead of those drop in games that are full of *******s.
We don't play that often everybody is so worried about COD. There is only four of us but we are never on at the same time. Only two of us can actually score and the other person tends to mess around half the time. So it results in a lot of losses.

Closed Thread