HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines according to 2003/2004 TSN NHL Preview

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2003, 07:30 PM
habsfan4life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Ribeiro play already a more decent defensive game than Perreault, is less soft than Perreault, alot more energic on the ice, make things happens and create alot scoring chances for his linemates..
That's your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it... personally, I think it's like comparing two eggs.

I'd like to think that with all of Yannies experience that he knows his own end a little better than Ribs.

I really look forward to seeing Ribs as our second-line center this year. He really caught my eye two seasons ago and I've been pulling for him ever since.

GO HABS GO!!

PS - Wouldn't it be nice to start with a victory over the best team in the league??

Old
10-09-2003, 07:25 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing
I wouldn't be too concerned over Ryder starting out on the 4th line. I have as high a hopes for Ryder as anyone, and probably higher than most. I really admire this guy. This is only his first game in the "big time" though. Putting him on the 4th line gives the kid an opportunity to adjust without the pressures associated with being on a top line. It lets him adjust while Audette takes the heat and has the expectations to live up to. I suspect that if he keeps playing the way he has been (and I think he will) you'll see Ryder on one of the top lines soon enough. Relax, it's early days yet.
You make some very good points, but I really think that Ryder deserves some more time than just 4th line duty, unless they're going to play all 4 lines pretty much equally...This, I don't think will happen, though.

Old
10-09-2003, 07:40 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Just read on RDS.ca that Ryder should play on the 1st PP unit against Ottawa tomorrow while Bulis will play on the PK. I like that. Let's hope there's a lot of penalities against...
Now we are talking!!!!...Like I said before, I'm not about to jump to any conclusions, just yet, regarding management...If your quote above is indeed true then they are starting to make some sense!!... Even if Ryder turns out to be a real disappointment (which I strongly doubt) then it would still have been the right decision by management to play him because as it stands right now he probably has the best chances to succeed among young players.

Closed Thread