HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brent Seabrook Being Shopped

Old
01-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
quantity =/= quality

no to Smith, no need
same for Mihalik and Prucell

this leaves Jones and 1st

remember, if we trade him, we downgrade from a Top Pairing Guy to a Top4 defender + Futures.

Only Player you have that could help us is Hedman or maybe Kubina (who has a limited NTC)
I doubt you give us Hedman for Seabrook?
Purcell is a pretty good player, could be top-6 in some teams.

Kubina + Ashton + 3rd

?

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 12:07 PM
batmansuncle

vCash: 50
If the Stars were interested and were able to make a trade Seabrook would be perfect for them

Maybe something like Neal and Niskanen for Seabrook? Would suck to lose Neal, but you gotta give to get

batmansuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmansuncle View Post
If the Stars were interested and were able to make a trade Seabrook would be perfect for them

Maybe something like Neal and Niskanen for Seabrook? Would suck to lose Neal, but you gotta give to get
I really think Seabrook will stay and be re-signed and I hope that he does. However, if he were to be traded, this is exactly something I think the Hawks would be interested in. Neal is a big, young and talented LWer (exactly the position the Hawks would want to fill) and Niskanen would help lessen the blow of losing Seabrook.

I wouldn't make the deal just because I wanna see him stay in Chicago, but I can't say I have no interest in a deal around Neal for Seabrook.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Phaedrus

I am not sure what it would take to get Seabrook, but if he is being shopped Tambellini better be listening and active. A player like Seabrook would remedy one of the biggest deficiencies on the Oilers.

Despite wanting to build through the draft, the development of a defenseman is typically a long enough process that drafting a defenseman would likely not be of help to the Oilers in the next few seasons. And the Oilers have the money, the cap space, and the need, to negotiate a contract with Seabrook.

Chicago might regret not keeping Byf around come playoff time... and they might realize this now. Pardon my ignorance, but has Chicago a big forward presence to stick in front of the net? If not, I believe Penner would be a consideration - despite what some fans think. It would likely take a little more, and perhaps a salary dump by Chicago - but Tambellini and the Oil can afford it.

Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Brass + 2nd for Seabrook?

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Andros777

Subban for Seabrook?

Andros777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
Subban for Seabrook?
Hawks have too many offensive-minded defenseman. That's why trading Seabrook would be a bit silly... Hjalmarsson is the only other player who has a similar game and we have no NHL (or near NHL) ready prospects who will play like him either.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Seabrook for Benn/Glenni +?

Ziggyjoe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Shredder

I'd only entertain trading Seabrook if we could get a really good second line center back in the deal. Something along the lines of a Bergeron, Weiss or Pavelski... Probably a draft pick, too.

Trading Seabrook for another defenseman is a lateral move, at best. And between Kane, Sharp and Hossa, we really can't/don't need to invest any more money in high-priced wingers.

Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 01:50 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

The Rangers offer McIlrath and their 2011 1st rounder

EDIT: If you need a replacement for Seabrook, you can have Eminger. Middle pairing guy that is signed for just above a million and then is a UFA this offseason. Save for the first couple of games of the season, he's been rock solid for the Rangers this season.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:01 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
The Rangers offer McIlrath and their 2011 1st rounder

EDIT: If you need a replacement for Seabrook, you can have Eminger. Middle pairing guy that is signed for just above a million and then is a UFA this offseason. Save for the first couple of games of the season, he's been rock solid for the Rangers this season.
be funny if eminger got traded again during his short career, especially as this time it would be because hes played well;

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Camden

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmcgart View Post
Hawks have too many offensive-minded defenseman. That's why trading Seabrook would be a bit silly... Hjalmarsson is the only other player who has a similar game and we have no NHL (or near NHL) ready prospects who will play like him either.
If they were offered Subban for Seabrook it would be my guess they would jump all over that... especially if you factor in Seabrook's jump in salary for next season. They could then used that saved money to either acquire or sign a solid defensive defenseman. So in essence, they could acquire a potentially very solid offensive defenseman with high upside in Subban and sign a solid defense defenseman and still, most likely, save some money from the loss and salary increase in Seabrook.

Camden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Drury_Sakic

Avs:
Seabrook
Bickell

Hawks:
Hishon
Holos (could swap for Cumiskey if the talent set meets the hawks needs better)
Hunwick
Yip (or Stoa or Porter, depending on Hawks need)
Conditional 2012 2nd Round Pick (conditional to the Avs making the playoffs and Seabrook resigning, both of which would be highly likely in the proposed hypothetical situation)

Avs need the D man to help the horrible D core... which, at least defensively, is one of the worst in the NHL. They also could used a depth forward like Bickell with some size. Could see Seabrook and Shattenkirk develop a Keith-Seabrook like fit.

Hawks get a top end offensive prospect in Hishon. He is probably another year away from being NHL ready, but he has all the skills to be a top line elite player. Holos and Hunwick are both NHL capable D men, and in the right system Holos could be a top 4 D man and have some room to grow. Yip showed last year he can score at the NHL level. Has been a bit of a letdown this year, and a change in scenery and in his role on the team could do him wonders. At worst, he is a serviceable 4th liner... at best, he could make a good spot top 2 line player.

Now, would not propose this as a today trade, more of a deadline deal. It would depend alot on the Hawks being 8 or lower in the standings... and the Avs hanging around the 4-5-6 seed spacing around the deadline... justifying the Hawks losing a bit in the now for the future.

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 02:50 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Tedenby + White + Corrente
Vs
Seabrook

White turns UFA at the end of next year, he's a solid SAH d-men that would complement your PMD's and Corrente is a young d-men with a "Bieksa type" upside. Tedenby is youngster with top 6 potential that plays left wing but we are stacked at that position and he's "forced" to play the right side.

With that said, I really doubt the Hawks are trying to move such a player.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Purcell is a pretty good player, could be top-6 in some teams.

Kubina + Ashton + 3rd

?
something that sounds interesting. Something to consider.

And as of now, Hawks just have no need for Purcell.
Best case scenario as Return for Seabrook

proven (and cheap) 2nd Line Center or 2nd Line LW (on every Team)
+
(cheap) Top 4 Defender
(Hawks could add Stalberg )

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmansuncle View Post

good post and good proposal.

Neal Toews Kane
Kopy Sharp Hossa
Bickell Bolland Brouwer
Skille Dowell Pisani

looks good...

but why should a Team that plays for #1 place in their Divison trade away 2 Roster Players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andros777 View Post
Subban for Seabrook?
no, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Tedenby + White + Corrente
Vs
Seabrook
I doubt that this is what MGMT wants.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 06:28 PM
amit916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
Avs:
Seabrook
Bickell

Hawks:
Hishon
Holos (could swap for Cumiskey if the talent set meets the hawks needs better)
Hunwick
Yip (or Stoa or Porter, depending on Hawks need)
Conditional 2012 2nd Round Pick (conditional to the Avs making the playoffs and Seabrook resigning, both of which would be highly likely in the proposed hypothetical situation)

Avs need the D man to help the horrible D core... which, at least defensively, is one of the worst in the NHL. They also could used a depth forward like Bickell with some size. Could see Seabrook and Shattenkirk develop a Keith-Seabrook like fit.

Hawks get a top end offensive prospect in Hishon. He is probably another year away from being NHL ready, but he has all the skills to be a top line elite player. Holos and Hunwick are both NHL capable D men, and in the right system Holos could be a top 4 D man and have some room to grow. Yip showed last year he can score at the NHL level. Has been a bit of a letdown this year, and a change in scenery and in his role on the team could do him wonders. At worst, he is a serviceable 4th liner... at best, he could make a good spot top 2 line player.

Now, would not propose this as a today trade, more of a deadline deal. It would depend alot on the Hawks being 8 or lower in the standings... and the Avs hanging around the 4-5-6 seed spacing around the deadline... justifying the Hawks losing a bit in the now for the future.
Hmm, I want Seabrook on our team but giving up Hishon...I don't know...sounds even, but would the Hawks want scoring back? Hishon is tearing it up in the OHL right now.

amit916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Christina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
Mason Raymond+Kevin Bieksa+ 2 nd ???
I somehow doubt that the Hawks are willing to trade with us unless for an overpayment. I can see him going to an eastern team.

Christina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 06:47 PM
lakai17

Penner + Vandermeer(you guys miss him) + Cogliano if you can afford him

or

or Penner + 2nd rounder + Cogliano if you can afford him

Penner has a cup ring as well, so it's a win-win

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 06:49 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina View Post
I somehow doubt that the Hawks are willing to trade with us unless for an overpayment. I can see him going to an eastern team.
They could possibly, Raymond gets underated more often than not and they would like a defensive defenceman as they have enough offensive minded defenceman at the moment.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 06:55 PM
jammyrft

trading bieksa for another defense man is pretty pointless. So far this year Bieksa has been one of the nucks best Dman and making a case to try and resign him for next year. that being said if we had to lose bieksa I'd rather try and sign Weber rather than trade for seabrook

jammyrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 09:36 PM
noBSleafsFAN

Seabrook+Bolland for Giguere+Kaberle+2nd/3rd

noBSleafsFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 09:45 PM
newellky

Quote:
Originally Posted by noBSleafsFAN View Post
Seabrook+Bolland for Giguere+Kaberle+2nd/3rd
makes no sense at all for the hawks....we get the exact opposite of what we need....we get a dman that is paid more and a UFA at seasons end and a goalie who is also overpaid and who would serve as a backup i guess....maybe he can keep marty occupied when they both arnt playing

newellky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Squeeven

I say the Sharks try and trade Devin Setoguchi, Jamie McGinn and and 3rd rounder for Seabrook. I think that's fair IMHO.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:06 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

no, it's not.

Seto would be the deal breaker, but the Pick isn't needed unless it's a 1st
We would need a DMen in Return. Better start with Demers or Murray + 1st + for Seabrook. Why should we help you for a 1st and downgrade?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:25 AM
biturbo19

wow. if they're truly shopping Seabrook...didn't take long for bowman to completely ruin everything.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote