HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

**REVISED- Blues - Oilers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2011, 07:37 PM
  #26
nitz
Registered User
 
nitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: North Korea
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 543
As an Oilers fan, HELL TO THE NO.

nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 07:38 PM
  #27
Celtic Note
Moderator
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Just for fun, what would it take from Edmonton to aquire T.J Oshie?
Two of your top three prospects. Seems high? Maybe, but maybe you will quit asking for him too.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 07:41 PM
  #28
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
At this point in time Halak is not going to steal/win us a lot of games. Thus, it is pertinent to keep the defensive core we have waited so long to develop.
Blues have only won 1 game this month, Halak with a .96 save percentage being the the factor and difference maker in a Blues win, last game. I expect the Blue's to win 2 out of their next 6 in January(due to injuries), I believe the playoffs again this year would be very valuable to the Blues organization as it is fairly young.


Last edited by lakai17: 01-16-2011 at 04:21 AM.
lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 07:42 PM
  #29
kimzey59
Registered User
 
kimzey59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Two of your top three prospects. Seems high? Maybe, but maybe you will quit asking for him too.
Oshie would not get dealt for prospects.
It would take Taylor Hall to pry Oshie out of STL.
Not some collection of prospects.

kimzey59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 07:45 PM
  #30
Celtic Note
Moderator
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
Oshie would not get dealt for prospects.
It would take Taylor Hall to pry Oshie out of STL.
Not some collection of prospects.
Hall is a prospect per HF. It would take him plus one of the other two.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 07:45 PM
  #31
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
Oshie would not get dealt for prospects.
It would take Taylor Hall to pry Oshie out of STL.
Not some collection of prospects.
I like the collection of prospects better.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 07:52 PM
  #32
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,549
vCash: 500
I think we should let this one die

Clearly the Blues fans don't want to deal any pieces that would interest us, and vice versa...not too many deals to be made if that's the case

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 07:54 PM
  #33
Celtic Note
Moderator
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
I think we should let this one die

Clearly the Blues fans don't want to deal any pieces that would interest us, and vice versa...not too many deals to be made if that's the case
Agreed. But I have a feeling we will see the same thread in a week or two...as that has been the norm around here lately.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 07:56 PM
  #34
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Hall is a prospect per HF. It would take him plus one of the other two.
You do realize that all players at one point were prospects too, right?

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 07:56 PM
  #35
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
I think we should let this one die

Clearly the Blues fans don't want to deal any pieces that would interest us, and vice versa...not too many deals to be made if that's the case
Yeah, it's hard to make proposals for young franchise's moving forward, I just did this proposal due to what Penner could provide on St.louis's offense with the injuries they've been dealing with at the moment and Penner would be valuable to the Blues come playoff time.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:02 PM
  #36
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Yeah, it's hard to make proposals for young franchise's moving forward, I just did this proposal due to what Penner could provide on St.louis's offense with the injuries they've been dealing with at the moment and Penner would be valuable to the Blues come playoff time.
It's very tough to make proposals including teams like Edmonton, St louis, NYI, etc. because they all have tons of young pieces, are rebuilding, and simply not ready to add the pieces to make them a contender anytime soon

Obviously the Blues are much further along, but I think they wait to see where they are at the deadline next year before the decide to trade away anyone to fill holes going forward

I think Penner fits better with teams like Pittsburgh, LA, Montreal, etc.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:05 PM
  #37
Celtic Note
Moderator
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
You do realize that all players at one point were prospects too, right?
Aside from asking a ridiculous question, is there any point to this?

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:06 PM
  #38
Tikhonov
Registered User
 
Tikhonov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
solid proposal. Good value imo, with the 1st rounder which will most likely be a top 5 pick, the Blues would be able to draft one RNH or even Couturier to add to their already youthful system.

Tikhonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:09 PM
  #39
Celtic Note
Moderator
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
It's very tough to make proposals including teams like Edmonton, St louis, NYI, etc. because they all have tons of young pieces, are rebuilding, and simply not ready to add the pieces to make them a contender anytime soon

Obviously the Blues are much further along, but I think they wait to see where they are at the deadline next year before the decide to trade away anyone to fill holes going forward

I think Penner fits better with teams like Pittsburgh, LA, Montreal, etc.
Spot on. We (rebuilding teams) are not in a position to mortgage pieces of the future for a run right now.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:14 PM
  #40
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,951
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
It's very tough to make proposals including teams like Edmonton, St louis, NYI, etc. because they all have tons of young pieces, are rebuilding, and simply not ready to add the pieces to make them a contender anytime soon

Obviously the Blues are much further along, but I think they wait to see where they are at the deadline next year before the decide to trade away anyone to fill holes going forward

I think Penner fits better with teams like Pittsburgh, LA, Montreal, etc.
I agree with this post 100%. The Blues are not in the position yet that they are a player like Penner away from contending for the cup.

As a Blues fan we have players like Berglund who just seems to be getting bad breaks. There have been several games this season he has been dominant in the offensive zone but still didn't score a point. He seems so close to breaking out at times it's not funny.

I think most Blues fans are content on waiting to see what a healthy team with the addition of Tarasenko next season can do without trading away any quality players yet. I would much rather try to sign someone like Moulson this summer for nothing then trade for Penner at this point.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:19 PM
  #41
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
It's very tough to make proposals including teams like Edmonton, St louis, NYI, etc. because they all have tons of young pieces, are rebuilding, and simply not ready to add the pieces to make them a contender anytime soon

Obviously the Blues are much further along, but I think they wait to see where they are at the deadline next year before the decide to trade away anyone to fill holes going forward

I think Penner fits better with teams like Pittsburgh, LA, Montreal, etc.
Yeah but St.louis have a nice crop of young defenceman that I prefer over Montreal or Pittsburgh. LA have unproven prospects that are available as they just resigned Johnson, so him and Doughty are untouchable. I like Teubert and Hickey but I feel Edmonton would only benefit with an already proven defenceman or there is no need to trade. I'd love to have Jordan Staal on the Oilers but Pittsburgh's GM has already said that he's not going anywhere. I'd like Hamonic to come to the Oil from the Islanders but like you said, both teams are rebuilding and dont need to be trading unless it benefits both clubs.

I also believe Edmonton don't really need to be bringing in anymore forwards unless its a decent center thats not overpayed or a 3rd liner, I'm content with our young forward core at the moment and not sure if we're going to draft a defenceman come next draft for some unknown reason cause thats what Oilers are really lacking prospect wise, so why not get an already young proven NHL defenceman that could solidify our defence, somewhat. This years draft seems fairly weak to me defence wise, would another top forward prospect be worth it? Hall, Eberle, Omark and Paajarvi are all hockey smart with natural talent who will only continue to get better each season. That being said Lander, Pitlick, Hamilton, Hartikainen and Martindale may also be steals in recent drafts as well.


Last edited by lakai17: 01-15-2011 at 08:35 PM.
lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:21 PM
  #42
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Aside from asking a ridiculous question, is there any point to this?
Well it is pretty ridiculous to ask for the best prospect in the world along with a top 10 prospect for a guy who hasn't cracked 50 points with top line minutes.

How do you feel if we offered Sam Gagner for Tarasenko and Schwartz?

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 09:16 PM
  #43
JSC
Registered Sniper
 
JSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,040
vCash: 500
Nope. EJ is good, but I'd rather keep Penner and Larsson/Couturier/RNH/Landeskog.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 09:21 PM
  #44
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,428
vCash: 50
Larsson or bust.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:08 PM
  #45
Celtic Note
Moderator
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Well it is pretty ridiculous to ask for the best prospect in the world along with a top 10 prospect for a guy who hasn't cracked 50 points with top line minutes.

How do you feel if we offered Sam Gagner for Tarasenko and Schwartz?
I was hoping it would keep some Oil fans from making ridiculous proposals, since logical arguments haven't worked. Especially ones that persist with the same proposals with the EXACT same results.

As for your proposal, we Blues fans are used to seeing that kind of proposal and its mostly from the odd fans of EDM and TOR.


Last edited by Celtic Note: 01-15-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:14 PM
  #46
Akonite
Registered User
 
Akonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Yeah but St.louis have a nice crop of young defenceman that I prefer over Montreal or Pittsburgh. LA have unproven prospects that are available as they just resigned Johnson, so him and Doughty are untouchable. I like Teubert and Hickey but I feel Edmonton would only benefit with an already proven defenceman or there is no need to trade. I'd love to have Jordan Staal on the Oilers but Pittsburgh's GM has already said that he's not going anywhere. I'd like Hamonic to come to the Oil from the Islanders but like you said, both teams are rebuilding and dont need to be trading unless it benefits both clubs.

I also believe Edmonton don't really need to be bringing in anymore forwards unless its a decent center thats not overpayed or a 3rd liner, I'm content with our young forward core at the moment and not sure if we're going to draft a defenceman come next draft for some unknown reason cause thats what Oilers are really lacking prospect wise, so why not get an already young proven NHL defenceman that could solidify our defence, somewhat. This years draft seems fairly weak to me defence wise, would another top forward prospect be worth it? Hall, Eberle, Omark and Paajarvi are all hockey smart with natural talent who will only continue to get better each season. That being said Lander, Pitlick, Hamilton, Hartikainen and Martindale may also be steals in recent drafts as well.
St. Louis has a nice d crop that they built through the draft. It's a huge step backwards to trade a potential #1D man for a pick, even if it's Larsson since both EJ and Pietrangelo have years on him in terms of development.

We can build through the draft too, it just takes more time than "quick fix" trades.

This years draft may look weak to people in many different ways, but only time will tell if that's an accurate statement.

Akonite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:19 PM
  #47
Celtic Note
Moderator
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
St. Louis has a nice d crop that they built through the draft. It's a huge step backwards to trade a potential #1D man for a pick, even if it's Larsson since both EJ and Pietrangelo have years on him in terms of development.

We can build through the draft too, it just takes more time than "quick fix" trades.

This years draft may look weak to people in many different ways, but only time will tell if that's an accurate statement.
Exactly and trading a guy like Penner for picks is probably the best way to do that, especially if you can get a first for him. I.E. what the Blues did with Weight, Guerin and Tkachuk.

Using that pick, even in a weak draft, can yield a gem or even a decent NHL player.

That should not read as..."Trade him to the Blues".

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:39 PM
  #48
Mike Liut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 5,050
vCash: 50
The Blues have been playing most of the season so far without Oshie, Perron and Andy MacDonald. Get those three back and add Tarasenko next year and let's see what they do before dealing off top d-men that they will regret later.


BTW, Tarasenko looks like a 35+ goal scorer imo.

Mike Liut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:17 PM
  #49
Bluester
Registered User
 
Bluester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Brule + 2nd rounder for Cole then.
Hell no.

How about Junland + 2nd rounder for Hemsky

Bluester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:15 AM
  #50
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,930
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Hall is a prospect per HF. It would take him plus one of the other two.
Wow St. Louis fans overrrate their players more then any other team I've seen.
Hall is and always will be better than Oshie
Penner is worth a lot more than Cole(average prospect comparable to Alex Plante)

The Oilers should be a better team next season with Penner, and one of Larsson, Couturier, or Landeskog in the line up over EJ.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.