HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

CHI@NAS 1/15/11 7PM CST The "We'll try anything for a new streak" edition

Old
01-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Dodgie

vCash: 500
I'm so glad they gave Smithson the 1st star. (1g, 1a) What a great night for the grind line!

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgie View Post
I'm so glad they gave Smithson the 1st star. (1g, 1a) What a great night for the grind line!
Smithson did play a great game, but actually had a goal. The assist should have been given to Ward originally, and has been corrected since. Ward with 2 assists. Smithson with 1 goal

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Great game to watch on a brand new tv. I thought we played with a lot of toughness in the first, and then we started playing like AHLers in the second. Luckily we came back and won it, hell of a comeback.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:12 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Watched the game at a friends house tonight. Man those first 2 periods were hard to watch but what ever Trotz said in between the 2nd and 3rd worked. They came out flying and Rinne was stellar as always. Good night to be a Preds fan

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:12 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

And gotta love the hard work from smitty tonight. One of a few to play a full 60 tonight

Old
01-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Dodgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Watched the game at a friends house tonight. Man those first 2 periods were hard to watch but what ever Trotz said in between the 2nd and 3rd worked. They came out flying and Rinne was stellar as always. Good night to be a Preds fan
We may never know what he said to them.
Apparently the door was closed.

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:44 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Behold: The power of the TV timeout ovation.

We're coming for your Cup, suckers.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Ya know, the TV timeout ovation broke the spirit of the Blackhawks and thats when Weber scored. Truly an amazing sight.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:52 PM
jcupp

By far the best game of the year to have attended. You couldn' t get closer to a playoff atmosphere. The better game was the San Jose comeback, but for the atmosphere it doesn't get much better than this game!

2nd period sucked.

jcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Reviled
Partisan

Voice functioning at <10% right now. Still a little numb, in a good way.

Some early 1st pressure, then the penalty and crud until the third.

Was tough watching so many happy Hawks fans there for 45 mins, but I saw no gloating or rubbing it in anyones' faces in my area. By the same token, no crap the other way when we tied it up and then won (other than a *rousing* rendition of our goal song on the second goal - heh).

Gotta go collapse now...

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveTheTeamAlready View Post
Voice functioning at <10% right now. Still a little numb, in a good way.

Some early 1st pressure, then the penalty and crud until the third.

Was tough watching so many happy Hawks fans there for 45 mins, but I saw no gloating or rubbing it in anyones' faces in my area. By the same token, no crap the other way when we tied it up and then won (other than a *rousing* rendition of our goal song on the second goal - heh).

Gotta go collapse now...
I noticed this too, the Hawks fans were good today. A few good natured jabs here and there but I found most pretty harmless and fun.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:23 PM
hockey diva

No Hawks trash in my section this time. I thought we were done after that second period. Once we got that first goal, the crowd carried them. It was a great atmosphere tonight. Hopefully, one day it will be all preds fans with only a scattered few opposing fans.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:38 PM
token grinder

decent effort in the first, pk goal allowed or not...

but what a pathetic effort the entire second period and first 10 min or so of the third.

got to give a ton of credit to cody franson here. His shift with 11-12 min to go where he danced around 2-3 guys before losing the puck and threw a guy down was the turning point in my eyes. he showed some toughness, and then his next shift mauled a guy in what may be his best hit of his young career and the game snowballed from there. smithson goal-timeout-weber goal, etc. i don't think his sequence those two shifts should fly under the radar.

but that is how you play 15 minutes of hockey and steal two points

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:53 PM
token grinder

“They got a little life off their goal and the building got loud,” Quenneville said. “They had a good third period. We should have nailed it.”

Old
01-16-2011, 12:41 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
“They got a little life off their goal and the building got loud,” Quenneville said. “They had a good third period. We should have nailed it.”
I know he had to understate it, but to say we got "a little life" and that "the building got loud" doesn't do it justice. We put Chicago on their heels for most of the third, and the building willed both goals. From my free seat in my living room I told my friends, "The crowd is trying to carry the team now." Not too long after that Spaling made a beautiful play that set up Smithson, and setting up Smithson is the hardest play in hockey [citation needed]. Obviously we didn't see the ovation, but coming back from commercial Pete and Terry were breaking down a play, a segment to which I gave very little attention. All of the sudden I hear Pete having a heart attack. Weber had scored.

As was said earlier, I'm not sure who said what in the locker room after the second, but it worked.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:50 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I noticed that to, when Franson threw him down I yelled in joy cause thats what he needs to do. Then he did it again his next shift. Though he did play Suters mess up terribly, which led to Sharps breakaway...THX RINNE. But other than that I loved what I saw from #4

Old
01-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
As for what was said in the locker room after two periods I thought Coach Peterson gave us a good idea during the post-game show.

Peterson doesn't pull any punches, especially in the locker room, and he essentially hounded on the fact that it was nice for the team to give the fans one period of hockey tonight because they simply didn't show up in the first two periods. He also essentially said that the second forechecker (F2) was a step slow throughout the first 40 minutes and had us back on our heels unable to apply any pressure in the Chicago end. Essentially, the third period came to life when they started getting the second forechecker in there on time and never a better example of that than on Smithson's goal where Ward (F1) applies the initial pressure, Spaling comes in as the F2 and picks up the puck, and then feeds it out front to Smithson who was working as the F3.

While I felt Smitters missed a HUGE opportunity to credit the crowd in his 1st star interview, Peterson nailed it and thanked the crowd for more motivation than the team deserved tonight. Peterson knows that the crowd willed the team to tonight's comeback and victory and he acknowledged that...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:34 AM
AEM6729

That game owned! Love that so many Hawks fans were there. I asked someone behind me in the bathroom line where they all came from; apparently Southwest had $30 one-way fares, there was a big pee-wee hockey tourney here this weekend and the Hawks gave free or deeply discounted tickets to tomorrow's game to fans who bought tickets to this one. Can't blame em, that's a sweet deal. Plus it made for an almost playoff atmosphere!

The first two periods sucked but man the third period is why you go to hockey games! I thought we were gonna continue what seems to be a bad habit of playing boring games in front of sellout crowds but we got our money's worth tonight. Should've given the first star of the game to the fans!

Anyone have any thoughts on Trotz's strategy of putting our first line up against theirs? Didn't seem to be working out too well IMO.

Kudos to the grinders tonight, and to Boullion...some of those Hawks tried to pull some dipsy-doodle fancy crap on him and he was NOT having it. Klein, on the other hand....

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:45 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
The other surgeon I work with decided to go to out of the country for a month even though I already had tickets for last night so before I agreed to let him go I made him get another group to cover us so i could go. If I had missed last nights game I believe I would have flown over and kicked the crap out of him...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:25 AM
InRinneWeTrust

Did anyone capture video of the standing O last night?

The goal chant after the 2nd one sounded as loud as I can ever remember hearing over the TV broadcast.

InRinneWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:28 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InRinneWeTrust View Post
Did anyone capture video of the standing O last night?

The goal chant after the 2nd one sounded as loud as I can ever remember hearing over the TV broadcast.
truth be told, as awesome as it was, last night didnt come anywhere close the the original TVTOSO, or the subsequent ones in the playoffs... but it was still amazing given the number of opposition fans in the house last night

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
truth be told, as awesome as it was, last night didnt come anywhere close the the original TVTOSO, or the subsequent ones in the playoffs... but it was still amazing given the number of opposition fans in the house last night

We shut "them" up didn't we??

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:46 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
We shut "them" up didn't we??

very true. but the loudness was nowhere near as loud as past ones. i thought it was odd quenville commented on the loudness and thought if that unnerved them a bit, what do those teams think when we have a full pred packed house. no surprise we seem to score after every one of those things. and truth be told, i thought game ops would have shelved the drive of the game for another if it wasnt bridgestone sponsoring it.

Old
01-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
None ever will. It's like the very first playoff game. It can be repeated, but it can't be duplicated.

That said, the fact that yes, it WAS with all the opponents in the house is a credit to our fan base. I'm so glad I was there.

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:17 PM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I'm so glad I was there.
This.

You just knew we were going to score to tie it up, the crowd willed it, I looked at my recently converted Pred fan friend and said "We're not losing this game, we're about to score" and then the magic happened. I have a lack of voice and a absolutely splitting head ache still from last night. I love that I feel like I'm part of the team, I don't know if there's any other franchise that their fans could possibly feel the same way.

It was also pretty awesome to be able to smile and hoot and hollar past the Hawks "fan" I had behind me. Dressed in blue, didn't know the rules, didn't know the players but she sure knew how to talk **** until we tied it... then it was "all in good fun". Whatevs.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote