HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Gameday Thread: Anaheim @ Dallas

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2003, 08:04 AM
Sammy*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
No, I don't. I don't see how the 2001-2002 season is a different "era" from the 2002-2003 season. Fedorov raises his game for the playoffs, Kariya doesn't - hell, he was outpoined by Oates and Sykora last season, and outscored by Rucchin (in the post season). Kariya simply does not raise his game for the playoffs. Fedorov does.

I also don't see how team-mates matter. Stars and superstars don't need teammates to inflate stats for them.
What cloud are you on.
First of all, are you talking about one year of playoffs, or about their whole career? Either way you slice it, Fedorov has had far superior teams & team mates than Kariya has for their whole careers. To suggest that teamates dont matter in the level of production is at best naive & is likely stupid.
I guess Chris Osgoode is as good or better a goalie & "raises his game for the playoffs " more so than Hasek.

Old
10-09-2003, 08:10 AM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
What cloud are you on.
First of all, are you talking about one year of playoffs, or about their whole career? Either way you slice it, Fedorov has had far superior teams & team mates than Kariya has for their whole careers. To suggest that teamates dont matter in the level of production is at best naive & is likely stupid.
I guess Chris Osgoode is as good or better a goalie & "raises his game for the playoffs " more so than Hasek.
This is stupid. We are talking star/superstar players here - no, they don't need team-mates to "increase production", they are more than talented enough to do it themselves. Kariya was outpointed by Sykora and Oates because he "doesn't have good teammates?" What the hell?

You're just on a "Canadian players have heart, Russian players don't!"-rush, and that's idiotic. To credit the team in Detroit for everyting Sergei has accomplished, and to absolve Kariya of any blame for not showing up in the playoffs because he had a crappy team is the living, breathing definition of naive. Christ.

Old
10-09-2003, 08:25 AM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
This is stupid. We are talking star/superstar players here - no, they don't need team-mates to "increase production", they are more than talented enough to do it themselves. Kariya was outpointed by Sykora and Oates because he "doesn't have good teammates?" What the hell?

You're just on a "Canadian players have heart, Russian players don't!"-rush, and that's idiotic. To credit the team in Detroit for everyting Sergei has accomplished, and to absolve Kariya of any blame for not showing up in the playoffs because he had a crappy team is the living, breathing definition of naive. Christ.
You know what. You truly are a fool. I have not once denigrated Fedorov or turned this into a Russian/Canadian thing. I simply took issue with your inane /idiotic view that team mates dont affect production. They do .
Grow up

Closed Thread