HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: #46 @ Montreal Canadiens

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: #46 @ Montreal Canadiens
Artem Anisimov 0 0%
Sean Avery 2 1.59%
Brian Boyle 9 7.14%
Dan Girardi 3 2.38%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Henrik Lundqvist 100 79.37%
Brandon Prust 0 0%
Marc Staal 2 1.59%
Derek Stepan 1 0.79%
Mats Zuccarello 7 5.56%
Other 2 1.59%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-16-2011, 12:27 AM
PBC9400

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMVINNY View Post
Then I hope you guys are going to be all over Wolski for his slewfoot.

You're right. Slewfoots have no place in the game. And neither do plenty of plays your boys are guilty of every night. Sean Avery is one of the dirtiest players to ever play the game, and you think a semi-slewfoot by Subban is a big deal? Regardless, Dubinsky got his retribution when he he cross-checked Subban in the kidneys.

The Habs aren't a dirty team. Their players occasionally commit dirty plays, but as a whole, they happen with Habs players a lot less than they happens with other teams.
You can't be serious.

PBC9400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:29 AM
PBC9400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Newbury was impressive. Team needs a PP point man. I would rent McCabe for a 2nd
Yes.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:29 AM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Well, they say you're only as good as your last game. Hopefully the Rangers are as good as their last period.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:36 AM
Lady Vengeance
FTTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
does anyone have a YT of the King going ape ****

Lady Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:46 AM
JIMVINNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
...this means exactly the opposite. It's like when someone says, "No offense..." you know an offensive remark is about to be thrown at you.

Sure. Like I said: It has no part in this game. Crosby's blatant slewfoot to Cally and Subban's are awful for two reasons: First, because of the bias that is there as a Ranger fan (the same that YOU have as a Habs fan). Second: that their actions were obvious in the intent to injure. Subban intended to injure Dubi. No question.

Sean Avery is one of the dirtiest players to EVER played the game? Really? This I am quite interested in. Please show me two things:

First, show me ONE incident where Sean Avery was suspended due to his actions on the ice. Ie: intent to injure.

Secondly: You're honestly going to compare Sean Avery to the likes of: Claude Lemieux, Konapa, Matt Cooke, Steve Ott, etc.? Really? Now you're just trolling.

And the Rangers are a "dirty" team? Really? You come here saying, "I don't want to start trouble." and you start spewing insipid comments such as "Sean Avery is one of the dirtiest players EVER to play in the NHL." And insinuate that the Rangers are a dirty, cheap team.

Riiiiight.
It means "I want to have an intelligent conversation, without a bunch of BS about bias." Clearly that's not possible here, so forget that part.

Ha. but no mention of Wolski's slewfoot. Typical. And I love how you think you're qualified to judge intent. What a joke. The ref saw no penalty, and the NHL saw no need for supplemental discipline. Get over it.

Whatever. I wasn't insinuating anything of the sort. And Sean Avery is dirty. Maybe not in the Claude Lemieux model, but what he does has as much a place in the game as does a slewfoot. That doesn't make the rest of the team dirty, and I wasn't implying that.

JIMVINNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Quote:
It means "I want to have an intelligent conversation, without a bunch of BS about bias." Clearly that's not possible here, so forget that part.

Ha. but no mention of Wolski's slewfoot. Typical. And I love how you think you're qualified to judge intent. What a joke. The ref saw no penalty, and the NHL saw no need for supplemental discipline. Get over it.

Whatever. I wasn't insinuating anything of the sort. And Sean Avery is dirty. Maybe not in the Claude Lemieux model, but what he does has as much a place in the game as does a slewfoot. That doesn't make the rest of the team dirty, and I wasn't implying that.
What exactly does avery do? He has never been suspended for an on the ice incident? He is dirty though?

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Good: Henrik Lundqvist.

Bad: Every frikkin skater in front of him

Redden: Brandon Dubinsky. AWFUL game, and a stupid penalty that cost us all our momentum.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:19 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Gaborik is a no heart slice of vag butter, end of story.

01-16-2011, 01:22 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

your gonna single out Gaborik? The entire team in front of henrik laid a huge stinky turd on the ice. There was no player beyond criticism. ZERO effort for the first 40 minutes of the game. disgusting effort for a team renowned for its hard work.

Old
01-16-2011, 01:24 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Sean Avery is one of the dirtiest players to ever play the game

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:29 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272
your gonna single out Gaborik? The entire team in front of henrik laid a huge stinky turd on the ice. There was no player beyond criticism. ZERO effort for the first 40 minutes of the game. disgusting effort for a team renowned for its hard work.
Ok I'll bite. When is the last time Gabby was our best player? When was the last time he showed you an elite aka $7.5M game?

He hasn't been a consistent offensive threat this year.

Old
01-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

Dubi's penalty was just stupid. You have to know when to keep your cool. I love Dubi, but who is the one laughing now? Its the canadians. This is a tough one to swallow because we have PHI tomm. If we beat PHI, you wont even remember this loss.

I still like the 3rd period we have. We just have to hit the magic number every game. 3 goals. 3 god damn goals.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:31 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

not arguing with you there. but really, you wanna call him out tonight? He wasnt our worst player by a large margin...he actually played a fairly decent game all things considered.

all im saying is, the entire team was awful..dont call Gaborik out when nobody shows up to play. Call the entire team out. This was a disgrace tonight.

Old
01-16-2011, 01:34 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
not arguing with you there. but really, you wanna call him out tonight? He wasnt our worst player by a large margin...he actually played a fairly decent game all things considered.

all im saying is, the entire team was awful..dont call Gaborik out when nobody shows up to play. Call the entire team out. This was a disgrace tonight.
That's fair, I agree that the entire team played like garbage tonight. But it is tough to stomach our "best player" getting shut down night in and night out.

Old
01-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
That's fair, I agree that the entire team played like garbage tonight. But it is tough to stomach our "best player" getting shut down night in and night out.
id argue our best player is Henrik Lundqvist, even when Gabby is at his best

Old
01-16-2011, 02:24 AM
PBC9400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
id argue our best player is Henrik Lundqvist, even when Gabby is at his best
Well for that matter, Lundqvist was shut out too tonight with 0's in goals, assists etc. Where are his playmaking skills when we need them!!!

Old
01-16-2011, 02:26 AM
PBC9400

WOW its pretty sad that he probably has more points then Gabby in the last 5. He does get more playing time though...

Old
01-16-2011, 02:48 AM
For Your Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan1823 View Post
Dubi's penalty was just stupid. You have to know when to keep your cool. I love Dubi, but who is the one laughing now? Its the canadians. This is a tough one to swallow because we have PHI tomm. If we beat PHI, you wont even remember this loss.

I still like the 3rd period we have. We just have to hit the magic number every game. 3 goals. 3 god damn goals.
Who are the Canadians?

For Your Technology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:38 AM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
I'm not trying to start anything, but can someone please explain to me how a supposed Subban slew-foot is such a cheap play, but Lundqvist attacking a player who was pushed into him is so noble and admirable? Seems to be a bit of a double-standard.
You are so full of it, you want to come in here and have an "intelligent conversation" but then spew biased garbage like calling that slew foot "supposed." If you don't understand the difference between slew footing someone and a goalie sticking up for himself after getting run then you need to brush up on your hockey.And speaking of hypocrites, what is your opinion of this?

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:56 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Have to admit...It's was a GREAT hit..(The above video)

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:00 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I think Newbury's game was awesome too, hopefully he stays in the lineup and Weise sits. I don't know if you send him down quite yet...it was only one game.

He should be a good guy to have in the lineup for the Flyers game.

Newbury won faceoffs, forechecked hard, hit. The only thing noticeably flawed in his game is that he has terrible vision. I saw in at least two instances he had a guy open along the boards and opted for a very low percentage, rushed shot attempt or made a poor decision with the puck.

His fight also slowed the Habs momentum. It was like using a timeout.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:13 AM
Ola

Tough loss, mostly due to the fact that we were "pwned" most of the night.

I do not buy the crap about "not showing up" at all. Both teams were electric the first 10 minutes, we got a power play and looked childish in our attempt, Montreal got two powerplays and overwhelmed us. After that we couldn't get our footing back. Facts are that unless our POWER PLAY improves, we will never go anywhere. It costs us goals, AND it costs us momentum.

WTF is WWLXXXVII doing on the PP?

I think we have done Marc Staal a diservice by not pushing him offensively more. He just do not cut it on the PP. We saw Edler, a swede who I've seen a lot of through the days, in Vancouver the other night. He is solid on the PP. Plays simple and has a good shot. Why the **** can not Marc Staal do the same thing? He is definitely as talented as Edler. Staal's one-time-slapper is not impressive at all. Staal have the strength and coordination, the only reason for his lack of shot is lack of practise. Lazyness. There is no excuse for a guy like him not to be able to have at least a decent one-time-slapper on the PP. He also fumbles with the puck way too much.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:25 AM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
I can't stand when the Rangers play in montreal. I can't remember the last good performance there.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:40 AM
jniklast

The Good: Lundqvist, 3rd period

The Bad: The rest

The Redden: Dubinsky. It just wasn't his day.

The Funny: Lundqvist on Pacioretty and Drury's "shot". I literally laughed out loud when he let go of that bomb...

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:01 AM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 50
Btw, did pac actually close his hand on the puck? I didn't watch the replay yet but it's sounding like that was a totally bogus penalty. I can't imagine why a player would close his hand on the puck in the offensive zone. Only a defenseman would be doing that to prevent a golden scoring opportunity.

Wouldn't be a shocker though if the refs pulled a penalty outta thin air

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote