HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Major Trade; Top Prospect for ??????

Old
01-15-2011, 08:30 PM
ELab2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Shelley is defensively responsible, especially when compared to Zherdev. That's why he plays over either Zherdev or Carcillo.
Shelley sucks defensively, and he's an unforced turnover machine. You may have a case compared to Zherdev, but that's an unimpressive point.

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Vokoun is not available according to Eklund.
That means Florida won't resign him

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 09:21 PM
MountainHawk

The only way the Flyers move JvR is if Holmgren gets overruled by ownership, IMO.

Hopefully, they look up the Jersey turnpike to see what happens when owners get involved. Owners should sign the checks and shut the hell up... especially ours who seems to be stuck in the 70s.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:17 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

IF JVR gets moved, I have to believe that more than just Thomas Vokoun would be coming back the other way. There's no way the Flyers just add salary and Florida not take any back. As well, I can't see the Flyers making any deal in which they deal a 21 year old for a 34 year old. This is a deal the Flyers don't need to make. Florida has to make a deal because if they don't, it's very possible Vokoun walks as a UFA.

If there's a deal to be made, I'm thinking something like JVR, Coburn and a salary add in like Matt Walker for Vokoun and Frolik. That's the only way I see any sort of deal going down and even then, I don't think it's enough salary that the Flyers would be sending.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:33 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
Shelley is defensively responsible, especially when compared to Zherdev. That's why he plays over either Zherdev or Carcillo.
This was a joke right? Even my friend who doesnt watch hockey was laughing when he watched Shelly try to clear the zone like 3 times in a few seconds and failed the last game. He is easily worse defensively then Carcillo and Zherdev...easily.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:17 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I wonder if Laviolette is giving Zherdev the same treatment he gave Leino last season. Leino was basically "forced" upon him last season and Laviolette kind of rode him hard until the playoffs and Leino's game exploded. Maybe the same thing happens with Zherdev.

As for the top prospect getting traded, I still can't see Holmgren dangling a carrot like JVR and only getting a 34 year old goaltender who remains signed for the rest of the season. The Flyers have to give up salary in order to take on this deal and that's why I'm really wondering if it's part of something larger (like mentioned previously, maybe something like JVR, Coburn and a salary add in like Walker for Vokoun and someone like Frolik).

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 11:58 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I wonder if Laviolette is giving Zherdev the same treatment he gave Leino last season. Leino was basically "forced" upon him last season and Laviolette kind of rode him hard until the playoffs and Leino's game exploded. Maybe the same thing happens with Zherdev.

As for the top prospect getting traded, I still can't see Holmgren dangling a carrot like JVR and only getting a 34 year old goaltender who remains signed for the rest of the season. The Flyers have to give up salary in order to take on this deal and that's why I'm really wondering if it's part of something larger (like mentioned previously, maybe something like JVR, Coburn and a salary add in like Walker for Vokoun and someone like Frolik).
Don't get your hopes up.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Trade confirmed:

Eklund sends his dignity.

The NHL sends 15 minutes of fame.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:42 AM
widespreadpanic

I was thinking about this earlier, I think that Leino might be the most likely candidate to be moved. We don't really have enough cap space to resign him, and the price we paid (OKT) compared to his relative return (Vokoun/Whoever) is totally lopsided.

Even though his chemistry with Briere and Hartnell is tremendous, we have Zherdev to plug into that hole, and the rest of the roster would still be set.

Ideally we'd all like to see Zherdev + Walker moved, but I don't see any teams having the need for either player.

On a completely different tangent, what do you think the chances are of New Jersey trading Parise as a rental for the rest of the season. His contract is coming due, and Kovy handcuffed the debs for cap space so they probably wont be able to re-sign Parise anyway. They need young talent ie. JVR, or maybe they could pair Zherdev with Kovy.

widespreadpanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:48 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by widespreadpanic View Post
I was thinking about this earlier, I think that Leino might be the most likely candidate to be moved. We don't really have enough cap space to resign him, and the price we paid (OKT) compared to his relative return (Vokoun/Whoever) is totally lopsided.

Even though his chemistry with Briere and Hartnell is tremendous, we have Zherdev to plug into that hole, and the rest of the roster would still be set.

Ideally we'd all like to see Zherdev + Walker moved, but I don't see any teams having the need for either player.

On a completely different tangent, what do you think the chances are of New Jersey trading Parise as a rental for the rest of the season. His contract is coming due, and Kovy handcuffed the debs for cap space so they probably wont be able to re-sign Parise anyway. They need young talent ie. JVR, or maybe they could pair Zherdev with Kovy.
JVR should not be traded for any rental. We would never be able to re-sign Parise, so barring a Cup victory we lose that trade easily. I'm not even sure another talented forward is the difference between winning the Cup or not. We have plenty of scoring.

Also, the Debs will not trade their best to the Flyers even if it's only for a short period of time.

As for Leino being traded...incredibly unlikely. I wouldn't want Zherdev on that line, either.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:47 AM
widespreadpanic

Why is Leino being moved so unlikely? From all accounts that I've read, contract talks have stalled, and unless the cap moves up or we shed significant salary (ie walker/zherdev/whoever) we wont be able to re-sign him next year. The question for Homer then becomes is it worth messing with the BHL line's chemistry to acquire an elite goaltender, or other bluechip player.

Old
01-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Why is Leino being moved so unlikely? From all accounts that I've read, contract talks have stalled, and unless the cap moves up or we shed significant salary (ie walker/zherdev/whoever) we wont be able to re-sign him next year. The question for Homer then becomes is it worth messing with the BHL line's chemistry to acquire an elite goaltender, or other bluechip player.
Is there something wrong with you. That line has been proven to work in the play-offs. It's the reason we are in first place in the conference, and leino is a huge part of that. Why would the flyers trade a player who has a massive impact on the success of the team.

Also if you think you are going to get a bluechip prospect for leino you have no idea how much leino is worth. If we can't sign him, why would a team want a player that can bolt as teh season ends. Please people, use some logic

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:15 AM
widespreadpanic

First off, personal attacks are unnecessary. Nothing is wrong with me. I don't post here often for just that reason, every conversation becomes a pissing match, and I'm not here to fight with the self proclaimed champions of Flyerdom online. I'm in your corner, however I wanted to express my opinion since it is a little different than anything I'd seen posted on this thread. I've been going to games since I was 18-months old. I want nothing more than to see this team win the cup.

In regards to Leino, I didn't dispute his role on the team. However, all the talk I've seen on this thread has centered around a trade for either: JVR (who i think is far less likely to be moved than Leino, due to his cheap current salary, and his enormous potential), or the pipe dream of moving Zherdev + Walker. I just think that both of those scenarios are unlikely, especially if the return is to be anything substantial.

I'm by no means advocating that I WANT Leino traded, but I think of the "expendable players", if we were going to get a goalie or something else that he does have value to another team if he were amenable to resigning with them.

Old
01-16-2011, 10:17 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:

Not so sure I agree with about Leino being traded, but I would not be opposed to trading JVR for Parise. Chances are if the Flyers don't win the Cup with Parise, they weren't going to win it with JVR either. Then if the Flyers can't re-sign Parise after the season they can either trade his rights or allow someone to shoot over an offer sheet and take a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from someone. Don't think that will ever happen though, but I would be ok with it if it did.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:54 AM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Contract talks have stalled yes and there is a 50 50 chance we won't be able to resign him in the off season. The point is this is the year for the Stanley cup so we will keep him for the run. JVR for Parise is a possibility but that is a lot to give up for a rental, especially to a division rival.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:00 AM
PhillyCurt12

i would love parise on the flyers, but the flyers would be giving up more than just jvr to get him. and like drinkfightflyers said, even if they don't resign him, they could trade his rights for a handsome return or let a team send him an offer sheet. what, realistically, would we have to give up? jvr + 1st + carle? jvr + coburn + our next 2nd(lol)?

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:12 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Wait, are we seriously discussing dealing JVR for a rental?

Just wanted to confirm that.

EDIT: Also, we are the No.1 scoring team in the NHL, what does Parise do for us? Much rather have a better goalie.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:07 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Wait, are we seriously discussing dealing JVR for a rental?

Just wanted to confirm that.

EDIT: Also, we are the No.1 scoring team in the NHL, what does Parise do for us? Much rather have a better goalie.
Potential rental. He COULD be resigned after the season, though it is unlikely. Plus, I have said it many times before, and I know it is only my opinion, but JVR doesn't look like a guy that will be a PPG superstar in this league. He will be a solid player in my opinion, but he's not going to score 50 goals or get 100 points any time soon. I wouldn't trade him just to trade him, but if the Flyers could get a guy like Parise for the playoffs, I wouldn't be opposed to it. You would have to think of it as JVR (plus whatever else may or may not be dealt) for Parise plus a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick (or whatever his rights are traded for), assuming he isn't resigned. That being said, I think it is pretty clear that this would NEVER happen.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:09 PM
PhillyCurt12

parise is one of a select group of people i would gladly deal jvr for. even if he was just a rental, he is a rfa so the return for his rights would be at least a pair of 1sts. parise is also great defensively. it's nice to have hypothetical conversations, isn't it? none of us are the gm last time i checked.

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Hollywood Couturier
#NoHonorForConnor

Lou would never deal Parise to us. Let alone the fact that he might not return this year. I'd love to gave him but the only way it ever happens is with an offersheet and we're not capable of doing that atm cap wise or pick wise.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:34 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

what were the reasons why the Hawks had to wait to resign Kane and Toews. something to do with the cap money for the following season. The reason is at the tip of my toungue and I just cant remember the rule. Maybe we are in the same situation with Leino.
As far as trading JVR for a rental

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:33 PM
2fast4u2*

Zherdev and Carle for Bryzgalov

2fast4u2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:27 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Zherdev for Knuble would be awesomeeee but not a chance it would happen.

Old
01-16-2011, 11:28 PM
flyersfan187

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
Zherdev and Carle for Bryzgalov
I'd rather see Coburn go than Carle. Then again I'd rather not trade one of our top 6 D's on our team for a goalie.

Old
01-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Lou would never deal Parise to us. Let alone the fact that he might not return this year. I'd love to gave him but the only way it ever happens is with an offersheet and we're not capable of doing that atm cap wise or pick wise.
This. Given Lou wouldn't send us Langenbrunner for better picks than Dallas offered, why would anyone think he would trade us his franchise player?

And offer sheets would be flying for him, if it comes to it.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote