HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Deadline Deals; PIT-NYI, PIT-CAR

Old
01-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

vCash: 500
Deadline Deals; PIT-NYI, PIT-CAR

Just kicking around some ideas:

To :
Jussi Jokinen

To :
Mike Rupp + 2nd round pick

To :
Matt Moulson

To :
Pascal Dupuis + Dustin Jeffrey

Thoughts? Who needs to add, if anyone?

Coach John McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:35 AM
oilerfan1989*

i think pittsburg gives up a little much for moulson. But i dont think youre too far off

oilerfan1989* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:38 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach John McGuirk View Post

To :
Matt Moulson

To :

Has Dupuis sign an extension?Cap central has him listed as a ufa after this season?

and no interest in Jeffery.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=PIT

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Hipster Doofus

Who the **** is Jeffrey and why would are the Isles trading a 30 goal left wing and best friend of the face of the franchise for a 4th liner?

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:58 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Who the **** is Jeffrey and why would are the Isles trading a 30 goal left wing and best friend of the face of the franchise for a 4th liner?
Gotta love trade proposals,that only address the needs of the OP's team

Old
01-16-2011, 11:01 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

It's going to take a lot more than that to get Moulson.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:17 AM
wej20

Quote:

To :
Jussi Jokinen

To :

To :
Matt Moulson

To :

Probably both slight underpayments.

Mike Rupp + 2nd + Nick Johnson/Alex Grant for Jussi Jokinen.

Dupuis (for salary purposes) + Dustin Jeffrey + 3rd 2012.

Quote:
Well if Isles are keeping Moulson then the price is going to be higher than this, if they're shopping him at the deadline though his price wont be much higher than this. Pascal Dupuis is a 3rd liner not a 4th liner and if the deal was done early enough in the day then Isles could easily flip Dupuis for a 3rd.
Dustin Jeffrey is 7th in AHL scoring and is ready to play in the NHL now but Pens depth is keeping him in the AHL, He has 2nd line upside but likely he ends up as a smart two way 3rd line centre.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

lol, yup adding that 3rd rounder really makes it worth our while. You don't get a 30 goal scorer for garbage.

To be honest, your team does not have much that they would part with that would help out the Isles. Even your 1st rounder is going to be late in the round.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:48 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
lol, yup adding that 3rd rounder really makes it worth our while. You don't get a 30 goal scorer for garbage.

To be honest, your team does not have much that they would part with that would help out the Isles. Even your 1st rounder is going to be late in the round.
Like I said, if the Isles intend to re-sign Moulson then his trade price is going to be high, if he says he doesn't want to re-sign (or Wang doesn't want to pony up the money to re-sign) and they're shopping him then the price isn't going to be a 1st, probably a 2nd + prospect/late pick.

Old
01-16-2011, 11:51 AM
jstaal
go canes go

juice

no way the canes let jussi go..

jstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:03 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Like I said, if the Isles intend to re-sign Moulson then his trade price is going to be high, if he says he doesn't want to re-sign (or Wang doesn't want to pony up the money to re-sign) and they're shopping him then the price isn't going to be a 1st, probably a 2nd + prospect/late pick.
If the isles move Moulson,I doubt the return will be an impending ufa+ a 3rd/4th line center.

We've seen Snow keep impending ufas,knowing they were likely walking,instead of taking crap back.Call it being stubborn,call it sending a message to other gms.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:04 PM
GIN ANTONIC

Canes don't even consider that

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:05 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
If the isles move Moulson,I doubt the return will be an impending ufa+ a potential 3rd/4th line forward.

We've seen Snow keep impending ufas,knowing they were likely walking,instead of taking crap back.Call it being stubborn,call it sending a message to other gms.
you're underrating Jeffrey. I think his price is likely a 2nd + 4th/long shot prospect if he's being shopped so I think my offer of Jeffrey + 3rd is fair.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:09 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
only forward I see the Canes moving any time soon is Samsonov, and trust me you probably want nothing of that. As long as they're in the playoff mix the Canes won't be sellers, though they might go after a #2 center at some point here.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Just want to weigh in here.

Canes get royally fleeced. Rupp is 3rd/4th line tweener. A 2nd doesn't get it done.

Isles get royally fleeced.

Quote:
you're underrating Jeffrey. I think his price is likely a 2nd + 4th/long shot prospect if he's being shopped so I think my offer of Jeffrey + 3rd is fair.
Jeffrey is a decent chip. Although I think Moulson is pretty darn good, and a team like the Pens should and could deal a 1st for him, or something like Jeffrey + 2nd.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CREW99AW

Quote:
Probably both slight underpayments.

Mike Rupp + 2nd + Nick Johnson/Alex Grant for Jussi Jokinen.

Dupuis (for salary purposes) + Dustin Jeffrey + 3rd 2012.

Well if Isles are keeping Moulson then the price is going to be higher than this, if they're shopping him at the deadline though his price wont be much higher than this. Pascal Dupuis is a 3rd liner not a 4th liner and if the deal was done early enough in the day then Isles could easily flip Dupuis for a 3rd.
Dustin Jeffrey is 7th in AHL scoring and is ready to play in the NHL now but Pens depth is keeping him in the AHL, He has 2nd line upside but likely he ends up as a smart two way 3rd line centre.
Isles have a smart,two way 3rd line center in Frans Neilsen.
And no interest in flipping Dupuis for a 3rd,in a draft that lacks depth.
I'd rather see Moulson walk and get nothing,then see Snow make a lousy trade and later see Moulson help another team advance deep into the playoffs.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Armond White
Go Sabres!

Quote:
You tell me what the hell a 30 goal scorer from the leftside is worth. Too much. ****ing moron.
Wow. Someone cares a little too much about Matt Moulson.

He's a free agent after this season, so the Islanders would be smart to move him for something. I don't know what the Islanders cap situation is like, but if they need to take salary back to stay above the cap floor, the deal makes sense. If not, Moulson + 5th for a 2nd + 4th sounds reasonable. NY can then sign Moulson over the summer.

Armond White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:11 PM
AlMo

Quote:

To :
Jussi Jokinen

To :

To :
Matt Moulson

To :

Pens need to offer more than that. A 2nd and good prospect would likely get one or the other. The likes or Rupp and Dupuis hold little to no value the Canes and Isles

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Sideline

Quote:
I'd rather see Moulson walk and get nothing,then see Snow make a lousy trade and later see Moulson help another team advance deep into the playoffs.
Why? I get not trading him if he's willing to re-sign, but it doesn't mean a damn thing to the Islanders if someone in the East is stronger this year.

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:17 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Just want to weigh in here.

Canes get royally fleeced. Rupp is 3rd/4th line tweener. A 2nd doesn't get it done.

Isles get royally fleeced.

Jeffrey is a decent chip. Although I think Moulson is pretty darn good, and a team like the Pens should and could deal a 1st for him, or something like Jeffrey + 2nd.
Just because Pens could deal a 1st for Moulson doesn't mean they should, Jeffrey + 2nd is an overpayment for a young guy like Moulson who has no experience in the playoffs and has only played on a struggling team.

Quote:
Just because the Islanders have Nielsen doesn't mean they don't want Jeffrey. If Jeffrey comes in and does well then that might give the Islanders the option of trading Nielsen in the future or move some to the wing.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:19 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
Why? I get not trading him if he's willing to re-sign, but it doesn't mean a damn thing to the Islanders if someone in the East is stronger this year.
This upcoming draft doesn't have the depth, that several recent drafts have had.So those 2nd/3rd/4th round picks aren't nearly as valuable.

Why should the isles care about helping someone from the East?When did the isles become Pittsburgh's AHL affilate,caring whether Pittsburgh can make a serious cup run??

Either offer up something the isles actually want or look elsewhere.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:21 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Just because Pens could deal a 1st for Moulson doesn't mean they should, Jeffrey + 2nd is an overpayment for a young guy like Moulson who has no experience in the playoffs and has only played on a struggling team.

Just because the Islanders have Nielsen doesn't mean they don't want Jeffrey. If Jeffrey comes in and does well then that might give the Islanders the option of trading Nielsen in the future or move some to the wing.
I'd rather see the isles give those open roster spots to their own developing prospects:Martin,Joensuu,Nino.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:24 PM
wej20

Quote:
This upcoming draft doesn't have the depth, that several recent drafts have had.So those 2nd/3rd/4th round picks aren't nearly as valuable.

Why should the isles care about helping someone from the East?When did the isles become Pittsburgh's AHL affilate,caring whether Pittsburgh can make a serious cup run??

Either offer up something the isles actually want or look elsewhere.
Of course they'll be looking for the best offer but if that's the best offer and they can't or know that they can't re-sign him then they may as well take that offer, save some money and use the pick in the draft to move up a few spots to get someone they really want.

Quote:
I'd rather see the isles give those open roster spots to their own developing prospects:Martin,Joensuu,Nino.
more prospects means more potential nhl players.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Id rather send Trevor Gillies out to break Sidney Crosbys leg than trade Moulson to the penguins for that garbage.

That package is an insult, Why would we help you win the cup by giving you what you need when you offer us trash in return. Tangradi and a 3rd at least is defensible, but that offer is garbage..... mostly because dustin is more of a reject than a prospect at least Tangradi hasnt been tarnished

Crew has it right your offer is an insult and anyone who knows prospects would see it that way

Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 01-16-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:33 PM
CREW99AW

According to espn the isles are trying to sign Moulson,but will look to move him if they can't reach an agreement.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...harks-coaching