HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

**REVISED- Blues - Oilers

Old
01-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Flowseidon
Compton

vCash: 500
a rare excellent blockbuster proposal

Flowseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:41 AM
Defsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper View Post
As an Oiler fan, I'd rather keep Penner and our own 1st. Lets draft our own players and keep Penner who is a key piece on our team.
This, though I would trade Penner +, but keep our 1st rounder and get RHN or Couturier as our new 1st line center.

Defsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:47 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Wow St. Louis fans overrrate their players more then any other team I've seen.
Hall is and always will be better than Oshie
Penner is worth a lot more than Cole(average prospect comparable to Alex Plante)

The Oilers should be a better team next season with Penner, and one of Larsson, Couturier, or Landeskog in the line up over EJ.
Hall is not the 2 way player Oshie is. Oshie was also on pace to outscore Hall this season before the broken ankle. Currently Oshie is the better all around player. Hall should be a better offensive player then Oshie most likely next season.

You honestly do not know much about the Blues players. Oshie should be a 65-75 point player with a great 2 way game. Hall most likely will be a PPG player.

Also Cole is a better prospect then Plante. Cole would be a top 4 defenseman on the Oilers right now. The Blues are just very deep defensively. Cola only gets the nod over Cole due to currently being a better offensive player. Cole at worst is a #3 shut down defenseman that puts up 15-20 points. at best a good #2 shutdown that puts up around 30-35 points.

Last edited by HooliganX2: 01-16-2011 at 01:58 AM.
HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:09 AM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Penner is worth a lot more than Cole(average prospect comparable to Alex Plante)

The Oilers should be a better team next season with Penner, and one of Larsson, Couturier, or Landeskog in the line up over EJ.
Way to follow the context of that post.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:06 AM
ibleedblue8

Quote:

T.J. Oshie is far more valuable to St. Louis than he would be to any other team. Oshie is by far the most liked player on the team by the fans. For the Blues to trade Oshie to the Oilers(or any other team) and not have their fans want everyone associated with the team fired, they would need severe overpayment. They would need a superstar or potential superstar. The only player the Oilers have that fit that description is Taylor Hall. Edmonton would be crazy to make that trade so this deal will ever happen. Oshie's value is more than a hockey player to the Blues organization. He is a likeable, energetic personality that is highly marketable to the St. Louis fanbase. Different teams put different values on certain players and certain types of players.

As to the original proposal, I don't do it from a Blues perspective because to me it is a quality for quantity deal. To me Erik Johnson has more upside and is more developed than any player in the upcoming draft. He may never reach that potential and a few players form the '11 draft may turn out to be better players than him, but I will take my chances and keep the player who I believe has the highest potential. Penner is a solid top six forward, that potential top 3 pick could has the potential to be a top line player or top pairing d-man, but I will take the player who has the potential to be a top three d-man in the league.

Last edited by ibleedblue8: 01-16-2011 at 04:16 AM.
ibleedblue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 05:22 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Blues have only won 1 game this month, Halak with a .96 save percentage being the the factor and difference maker in a Blues win, last game. I expect the Blue's to win 2 out of their next 6 in January(due to injuries), I believe the playoffs again this year would be very valuable to the Blues organization as it is fairly young.
so now it's 2 of their next 5 I wouldn't be surprised if it was less than 2 wins.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Quote:
so now it's 2 of their next 5 I wouldn't be surprised if it was less than 2 wins.
Really Oilers fan?
Have fun with another bottom pick, we'll enjoy the playoffs.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Really Oilers fan?
Have fun with another bottom pick, we'll enjoy the playoffs.
Why? Have they expanded the playoff format?

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:29 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Why? Have they expanded the playoff format?
Nah, but the Blues have the clubhouse at the golf course installed with Center Ice and a nice 50" DLP TV to watch them on. Its really very enjoyable.

Not having to worry about the team winning the draft lottery is a HUGE monkey of their collective backs so they will be able to prop up their feet and enjoy the playoffs.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Nah, but the Blues have the clubhouse at the golf course installed with Center Ice and a nice 50" DLP TV to watch them on. Its really very enjoyable.

Not having to worry about the team winning the draft lottery is a HUGE monkey of their collective backs so they will be able to prop up their feet and enjoy the playoffs.

Touche. At least they have the option of watching or actually shooting a round. Mid April in E-Town there's usually still traces of snow on the course. If the Oilers are at the course, its only to watch TV

Old
01-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
I like that Runblad-Tarasenko trade, what would it take from edmonton to aquire Cole or Polak, or both of them?
If you want to use that trade as a benchmark, then MPS for Cole straight up.

I don't think Polak is going anywhere any time soon.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Cole (average prospect comparable to Alex Plante)

...and if Cole was Canadian instead of American, he'd be the next Scott Stevens to chauvinists like you.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:22 PM
BattleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Hall is not the 2 way player Oshie is. Oshie was also on pace to outscore Hall this season before the broken ankle. Currently Oshie is the better all around player. Hall should be a better offensive player then Oshie most likely next season.

You honestly do not know much about the Blues players. Oshie should be a 65-75 point player with a great 2 way game. Hall most likely will be a PPG player.

Also Cole is a better prospect then Plante. Cole would be a top 4 defenseman on the Oilers right now. The Blues are just very deep defensively. Cola only gets the nod over Cole due to currently being a better offensive player. Cole at worst is a #3 shut down defenseman that puts up 15-20 points. at best a good #2 shutdown that puts up around 30-35 points.
Everything TJ Oshie can do. Hall can do better. Much better.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post

...and if Cole was Canadian instead of American, he'd be the next Scott Stevens to chauvinists like you.
Yep.

OR

Maybe they're comparable because they were taken in the same draft, 3 spots apart, and have both proven very little in limited NHL time, but have played well in the AHL.

Plante is an average prospect from a weak draft. So is Cole.

Your suggestion of MPS for Cole is what's laughable.

Old
01-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Homesick

Quote:
Yep.

OR

Maybe they're comparable because they were taken in the same draft, 3 spots apart, and have both proven very little in limited NHL time, but have played well in the AHL.

This. I don't much stock in Plante even though he is an Oilers prospect, and he's Canadian. I believe someone else is showing reverse chauvinism. Both of them will be lucky to be 2nd pairing defenseman but most likely physical 3rd pairing, seeing some PK time(12-14 min per game).

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
This. I don't much stock in Plante even though he is an Oilers prospect, and he's Canadian. I believe someone else is showing reverse chauvinism. Both of them will be lucky to be 2nd pairing defenseman but most likely physical 3rd pairing, seeing some PK time(12-14 min per game).
I completely disagree with this assessment. Cole has 2nd pairing caliber play with PK and PP time (18-20min per game).

Old
01-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Yep.

OR

I disagree here as well. Cole is above average and draft rating means less and less as we move farther away from their draft year.

Old
01-16-2011, 01:47 PM
trublu16

OK. This is the 3rd thread about Penner to StL in the past week. And the same thing happens in all of them. The Blues fans do not want Penner, especially for the price Oiler fans are asking for. And for some reason it turns into a pissing match.

Don't take this the wrong way, but drop the whole dam Penner to StL idea. A)we do not want to pay the price that is being required by Oiler fans. B) In Blues fan minds Penner is not what they are looking for to trade one of our good young players for. So Oiler fans need to go bug LA or some other team about trading for Penner. Because there is only so many ways to tell you NO!!

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:54 PM
ibleedblue8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSean View Post
The only thing Hall can do much better right now than a healthy Oshie is score goals. Oshie is a more complete player right now than Hall is. Hall will no doubt be more a more dynamic player in the future, but right now Hall is not a better player than Oshie. To say Hall is MUCH better at everything is laughable.

ibleedblue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:36 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedblue8 View Post
The only thing Hall can do much better right now than a healthy Oshie is score goals. Oshie is a more complete player right now than Hall is. Hall will no doubt be more a more dynamic player in the future, but right now Hall is not a better player than Oshie. To say Hall is MUCH better at everything is laughable.
He's much better at not being sandwiched under Sami Pahlsson and breaking his ankle on accident, that's about where it ends.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:19 PM
rockinghockey

It looks like Penner for Cole is the place to start. It is just a matter if StL has to add anything.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSean View Post

Let's see Hall do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEOMc...eature=related

Mike Liut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Akonite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Let's stay on topic please, getting this petty makes things pretty ridiculous.

This isn't Hall vs. Oshie.

Akonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Bluester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonite View Post
Let's stay on topic please, getting this petty makes things pretty ridiculous.

This isn't Hall vs. Oshie.
No, it's just another crappy propasal thread that a Oiler fan came up with.

Bluester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:57 PM
birddog*

Larson will be better than Johnson so why?

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote