HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brent Seabrook Being Shopped

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2011, 07:45 AM
  #101
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,232
vCash: 500
depends on the Return...


and do you just said that Bowman ruins everything? You know that his father helps him with the decisions he makes... 30-40 % of his work is based on Scotty. They know exactly what the want and what they do.


Just think about a SJ Deal with Murray and Demers for Seabrook (needs to be worked out)


Keith - Murray/Demers
Hjalmarsson - Campbell
Demers/Murray - Leddy

would you call this bad? I would like this and it gives us Cap Space for the future.

Bubba88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:04 AM
  #102
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Isles4 View Post
Comeuo Colliton martinik + 2011 2nd for seabrook affordable and useable players for CHI
You're not getting Seabrooke for a bunch of spare parts.

I would think Chicago would want a young nhler like KO,Bailey or MacDonald.Plus the isles 2011 1st.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:07 AM
  #103
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Assume this is the case;
would CBH prefer to move Seabrook at less salary?
I would think you better off trying to deal Crian Campbell and his humongous contract to a cap floor team like Isles....

In any event since you have log jam of D, and multiple high picks for this position a call away, dare I assume you might consider Fs and Gs?

Feel free to haggle or cut to the bottom line:
what REALISTICALLY would you want from NYR?
Over the next 2 summers,the isles will be giving raises to several youngsters,including Tavares and KO.

Isles have zero interest in adding Campbell and his humongous contract.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:34 AM
  #104
DonToews Inferno
Registered User
 
DonToews Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmansuncle View Post
If the Stars were interested and were able to make a trade Seabrook would be perfect for them

Maybe something like Neal and Niskanen for Seabrook? Would suck to lose Neal, but you gotta give to get
I'd say this is the fairest proposal that's been mentioned so far, although I still don't think Seabs is going anywhere. The hawks are lacking the physicality and grit that they had last year, and i don't think trading away their only truly physical defenseman would solve that.

DonToews Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:36 AM
  #105
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Over the next 2 summers,the isles will be giving raises to several youngsters,including Tavares and KO.

Isles have zero interest in adding Campbell and his humongous contract.
Even if DiP is part of the equation?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:40 AM
  #106
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
The Rangers offer McIlrath and their 2011 1st rounder

EDIT: If you need a replacement for Seabrook, you can have Eminger. Middle pairing guy that is signed for just above a million and then is a UFA this offseason. Save for the first couple of games of the season, he's been rock solid for the Rangers this season.
No NYR does not, especially in a post Boogie world.
The OP premised the base for moving Seabrook is a surplus of D, combined with need for better cap. Presumably Seabrook gets best bang for buck. However, D not key to a return.

That said, Eminger is available if necessary in the right deal.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:51 AM
  #107
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
1. A Top4 D cause we need a player to replace him
2. Something for the future


I would start and ask for

Staal, Dubinsky and your 2nd for Seabrook and Bolland

(not saying you like this and this will happen, it's an overpayment for NYR, but you ask and Hawks start. No need to trade him, but always good to know what we could get) ...
I did invite haggling but I did say "REALISTICALLY"
Staal is >> than Seabrook, possibly >>>.
Dubi for us is like Sharp you.
He can be had, but not a trade down.
Dubi for Seabrook is not equal, though roughly ballpark close.
But 1 for 1, IMO, is usually coke for pepsi, robbing Peter to pay Paul and not usually a net gain.

What about Boyle, Eminger, G prospect Cam Talbot + NYR #1 and an F we can agree on for Seabrook and CBH #2?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:23 PM
  #108
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Even if DiP is part of the equation?
I'm a big DiPi fan.I'd hate to see him have to retire,but I think it's a strong possibility.I believe he's insured and the isles will be on the hook for about 20% of that remaining $45m.I'd rather take my chances with DiPi and his possible retirement.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:58 PM
  #109
Chelios
Registered User
 
Chelios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 3,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I did invite haggling but I did say "REALISTICALLY"
Staal is >> than Seabrook, possibly >>>.
Dubi for us is like Sharp you.
He can be had, but not a trade down.
Dubi for Seabrook is not equal, though roughly ballpark close.
But 1 for 1, IMO, is usually coke for pepsi, robbing Peter to pay Paul and not usually a net gain.

What about Boyle, Eminger, G prospect Cam Talbot + NYR #1 and an F we can agree on for Seabrook and CBH #2?
In what possible way is Staal >> Seabrook?

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:02 PM
  #110
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,039
vCash: 500
From the Avs, I'd offer:

TJ Galiardi (young, cheap, versatile player who can play all 3 forward positions, and was on the Avs top line for most of last year.)

Kyle Cumiskey or Ryan Wilson (again, both young cheap defencemen with potential. Cumiskey is an awesome skater, one of the best in the league, and maybe being around Keith he could learn to harness it better)

Brandon Yip (You guessed it. Young and cheap with potential. Played amazing for us last year when he got called up. Has struggled a bit this year, but still has 8 goals and a change of scenery perhaps could do him good).

Or if they don't want Yip, Avs could throw in a 2nd round pick.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:25 PM
  #111
Ruzicka38
Oh man
 
Ruzicka38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hopedale
Country: United States
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
A 3rd round pick? and it should be a more reliable forward than Wheeler, Colborne's a nice toss in though.
Krejci for Seabrook

Ruzicka38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:37 PM
  #112
crazyforhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,490
vCash: 500
Chi might be going the way of keeping the number of top end money players down

they have Kane,Toews,Hossa,Sharp(raise in another year),CAmpbell,Keith.....they need to keep flexibility....and although Seabrook would be a loss...the return(cheaper short term-mid term)would put this team closer to being that contending team next year.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:57 PM
  #113
Andy Dufresne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 1,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
depends on the Return...


and do you just said that Bowman ruins everything? You know that his father helps him with the decisions he makes... 30-40 % of his work is based on Scotty. They know exactly what the want and what they do.


Just think about a SJ Deal with Murray and Demers for Seabrook (needs to be worked out)


Keith - Murray/Demers
Hjalmarsson - Campbell
Demers/Murray - Leddy

would you call this bad? I would like this and it gives us Cap Space for the future.
My god man! You start by asking for packages like Staal + Dubinsky and Hedman +,
and now you'd be happy with Murray and Demers???

Andy Dufresne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:01 PM
  #114
Rob Zepp
Registered User
 
Rob Zepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 3,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbs View Post
According to ESPN Insider Rumor Central and Victoria Matiash the Blackhawks are secretly shopping D-man Brent Seabrook. He may very well be traded before the Feb 28 deadline adds Matiash. He is not being shopped to just get rid of him because of the great chemistry with Duncan Keith, and he is a huge part of the future, but he is being shopped.

I speculate that Seabrook is being shopped for a bigger deal to bring another good addition to this team, maybe Alex Semin, Thomas Vokun, Brad Richards, Thomas Kaberle, and others possibly being Shopped this year


Your Thoughts? Your Proposals?
Unlikely they can keep both Sharp and Seabrook if you do the math realistically (and not assume some huge discounts or NHL frowned upon lifetime contracts).

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:26 PM
  #115
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 15,010
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmansuncle View Post
If the Stars were interested and were able to make a trade Seabrook would be perfect for them

Maybe something like Neal and Niskanen for Seabrook? Would suck to lose Neal, but you gotta give to get
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the BlackhawkFan View Post
I'd say this is the fairest proposal that's been mentioned so far, although I still don't think Seabs is going anywhere. The hawks are lacking the physicality and grit that they had last year, and i don't think trading away their only truly physical defenseman would solve that.
I tend to doubt the validity of the rumor but this is something I could definitely get behind. In a lot of ways Seabrook is exactly what the Stars need while Neal would add another layer to Chicago's attack.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:52 PM
  #116
Loungie
Registered User
 
Loungie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
To

Brent Seabrook

To

Tim Connolly
Steve Montador
2011 2nd round pick

Yes/No? I know this is from a sabres fan but could this be a deal that could work?

Loungie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:04 PM
  #117
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
I did invite haggling but I did say "REALISTICALLY"
Staal is >> than Seabrook, possibly >>>.
stopped reading here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Dufresne View Post
My god man! You start by asking for packages like Staal + Dubinsky and Hedman +,
and now you'd be happy with Murray and Demers???
this is why I said

NEEDS TO BE WORKED OUT...


in another Topic I asked for Demers + Murray + 1st

Bubba88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:52 AM
  #118
SkateThroughIt
Registered User
 
SkateThroughIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
I love when people say they have zero interest in a trade for their team. Campbell would be a great addition to any team. Figure a cap floor team really doesn't care about salary. The guy sets up offenses like no other, and is still a great defender. I just can't see the hawks trading a near irreplaceable player.

Seabrook on the other hand is a great D-man, and I can see him going to Avs, Sabres, Detroit, Dallas, or San Jose. Personally, and I love him but I think we can get some needed starters for NOW, instead of later. I would love to see Demers end up on the hawks. I just can't see them giving up both Demers and Murray for just Seabrook.

SkateThroughIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:46 AM
  #119
ReLyT
Registered User
 
ReLyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,883
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
he's being used as bait to see whats truly out there... you dangle out Seabrook to see who could be had then you come at the team with a Hjalmarsson, ______ package for said player instead of Seabrook

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:00 PM
  #120
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I'm a big DiPi fan.I'd hate to see him have to retire,but I think it's a strong possibility.I believe he's insured and the isles will be on the hook for about 20% of that remaining $45m.I'd rather take my chances with DiPi and his possible retirement.
More than fair enough.
My point was, it's possible Isles could be offered enough to take that contract, which at present, and in short term, the team can swallow.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:03 PM
  #121
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
In what possible way is Staal >> Seabrook?
Sure, Seabrook has a better all around game.
But Staal is possibly the best shutdown D in the league.
In that possible way.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:07 PM
  #122
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOway57 View Post
I love when people say they have zero interest in a trade for their team. Campbell would be a great addition to any team. Figure a cap floor team really doesn't care about salary. The guy sets up offenses like no other, and is still a great defender. I just can't see the hawks trading a near irreplaceable player.

Seabrook on the other hand is a great D-man, and I can see him going to Avs, Sabres, Detroit, Dallas, or San Jose. Personally, and I love him but I think we can get some needed starters for NOW, instead of later. I would love to see Demers end up on the hawks. I just can't see them giving up both Demers and Murray for just Seabrook.
I don't consider Campbell spectacular. He certain is at least solid, if not very solid.
This does not change the fact, however, that he is way overpaid.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:13 PM
  #123
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
stopped reading here...
You should continue, assuming you have decided to get back to what are realistic offers!

How about my suggestion of something like:
What about Boyle, Eminger, G prospect Cam Talbot + NYR #1 and an F we can agree on for Seabrook and CBH #2?

This assumes with all your D you want G and Fs.

Of course, add additional bodies as needed for cap balance.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:16 PM
  #124
bernmeister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 8,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Zepp View Post
Unlikely they can keep both Sharp and Seabrook if you do the math realistically (and not assume some huge discounts or NHL frowned upon lifetime contracts).
Would also be interested in Sharp if you decided to let him go and keep Seabrook.

What about something like
Gaborik + X ___________ (fill in the blank)
for Sharp and Seabrook??????????

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:23 PM
  #125
crazyforhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT View Post
he's being used as bait to see whats truly out there... you dangle out Seabrook to see who could be had then you come at the team with a Hjalmarsson, ______ package for said player instead of Seabrook
i think it is more of what return you can get that is good enough.......Seabrook goes from 3.5mil up to 5 mil...

even though Chi cap situation gets a lift from the bonuses off the book and possibly a raise in the cap.....Chi may decide as much as they want seabrook....seabrook at 5 mil limits the flexibilty of being able to bolster the forward ranks or goaltending ranks



ie two good dmen at 5 mil = or > than ceabrook at 5 mil and boyton in bottom pairing.
if not a good return between now and Feb 28th...amybe we seee a move at the draft........if their is truth to this rumour


I just dont think they can afford to not sign Sharp in just over a year and hell be at least 5 mil

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.