HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Deadline Deals; PIT-NYI, PIT-CAR

Old
01-16-2011, 11:35 AM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
Id rather send Trevor Gillies out to break Sidney Crosbys leg than trade Moulson to the penguins for that garbage.

That package is an insult, Why would we help you win the cup by giving you what you need when you offer us trash in return. Tangradi and a 3rd at least is defensible, bu tthat offer is garbage
Jeffrey is not trash. If Snow is setting the prices that high then he's not going to be getting any offers. Antropov got a 2nd and Ponikarovksy + 6th got Caputi (approx value a 2nd) + 5th. That's the sort of value I expect the Isles to get for Moulson.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

The Pens are not as desperate to add talent as other teams might be. LA could offer us more, as could PHO or NSH. We're going to look for the best package and its doubtful the Pens offer that. Simple business.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Jeffrey is not trash. If Snow is setting the prices that high then he's not going to be getting any offers. Antropov got a 2nd and Ponikarovksy + 6th got Caputi (approx value a 2nd) + 5th. That's the sort of value I expect the Isles to get for Moulson.
jeffery is garbage period, the penguins have tried him out several times already and have basically figured out he's an ahl player. we both know that. and Moulson is better overall than Poni and a better goal scorer than antropov

I wouldnt trade a 6th for Jeffery, as I said at this point he's more of a reject than he is a prospect. 5 points in a quarter of an nhl season over 3 years, They gave him a pretty good shot 2 years ago and he failed miserably. Tangradi is your one serious forward prospect

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:59 AM
wej20

Quote:
jeffery is garbage period, the penguins have tried him out several times already and have basically figured out he's an ahl player. we both know that. and Moulson is better overall than Poni anda better goal scorer than antropov

I wouldnt trade a 6th for Jeffery, as I said at this point he's more of a reject than he is a prospect. Tangradi is your one serious forward prospect
You don't know what you're talking about? Jeffrey has played well in his call ups this year and is only getting sent down because he's a centre (Pens have best centre depth in the league). In 4GP he went 1 - 1 - 2 - +2 and took a few shifts on the PK (impressive given the Pens are the #1 PK team in the league). Jeffrey's only 22, Nielsen didn't crack the NHL until 24 would you have dealt him for a 6th? Antropov was older, more experience and more versatile than Moulson.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Sideline

vCash: 754
Quote:
jeffery is garbage period, the penguins have tried him out several times already and have basically figured out he's an ahl player. we both know that.
This is just plainly false. The Penguins give their prospects time to develop. As an example Mark Letestu got similar call up time last year to what Jeffrey is getting this year. This year Letestu is on pace for about 17 goals 35 points.

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:04 PM
JTG

Isles with Moulson are like the Leafs with Poni last year.

Quote:
jeffery is garbage period, the penguins have tried him out several times already and have basically figured out he's an ahl player. we both know that. and Moulson is better overall than Poni and a better goal scorer than antropov

I wouldnt trade a 6th for Jeffery, as I said at this point he's more of a reject than he is a prospect. 5 points in a quarter of an nhl season over 3 years, They gave him a pretty good shot 2 years ago and he failed miserably. Tangradi is your one serious forward prospect
You have not even the slightest clue as to what you are talking about. Dustin Jeffrey deserves to be an NHL'er, but it's a numbers game in Pittsburgh right now.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Quote:

I'm not saying Jeffrey is enough for Moulson, but the above is incredibly ignorant and shows how little you actually know about the player.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
jeffery is garbage period, the penguins have tried him out several times already and have basically figured out he's an ahl player. we both know that. and Moulson is better overall than Poni anda better goal scorer than antropov

I wouldnt trade a 6th for Jeffery, as I said at this point he's more of a reject than he is a prospect. Tangradi is your one serious forward prospect
You have no clue about Jeffrey or what impending UFAs yield at the trade deadline.

Exactly one player got a 1st round pick at the 2010 deadline...Kovalchuk.

2009? None.

2008? Two: Hossa and Campbell (in his 60+ point season)

There's no recent precedent for Moulson calibre players - with absolutely no playoff resume, no less - garnering a 1st round pick, so you can forget that noise unless you'd like to provide a comparable instead of getting huffy about it.

As for Jeffrey, he's a quality prospect in his early 20s working his way into an NHL line-up deep with veterans. If you want to dismiss a prospect working on that timeline, you would've passed on a lot of players who became very good NHLers.

Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Attention Penguins fans: No one wants Pascal Dupuis.

Thank you and have a great day.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:07 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Of course they'll be looking for the best offer but if that's the best offer and they can't or know that they can't re-sign him then they may as well take that offer, save some money and use the pick in the draft to move up a few spots to get someone they really want.

more prospects means more potential nhl players.
There have been a few times in the past,where Snow's gotten criticism for not trading impending ufas he'd shopped.I know he let Satan walk.I think he also shopped,but ended up letting Ruslan Fedentko walk.

Is it better to take a lousy return for Moulson or keep his rights,negoiating right up until July 1st?

and the isles have a glut of unproven prospects who will be fighting for a limited number of roster spots.Snow has some decisions to make as far as who to sign and who to move over the next few seasons.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov 28 View Post
Attention Penguins fans: No one wants Pascal Dupuis.

Thank you and have a great day.
Attention Volchenkov 28: No one is using Pascal Dupuis as trade bait, he merely needs to added to balance the cap.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:14 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Attention Volchenkov 28: No one is using Pascal Dupuis as trade bait, he merely needs to added to balance the cap.
So if Dupuis is only added to balance the cap,Pens fans think Jeffrey will be the key to landing a 25-30 goal scorer for the Pens playoff run?

Good luck with that one.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
This is just plainly false. The Penguins give their prospects time to develop. As an example
got similar call up time last year to what Jeffrey is getting this year. This year Letestu is on pace for about 17 goals 35 points.
bull spit, Jeffery had a 14 game trial two years ago, even getting limited time with Crosby and Malkin anf failed miserably, I dont know who youre trying to kid but you aint fooling anyone

letestu got ten games last year, Jeffery got 14 two years ago and Letestu passed him by, The pens see Jeffery as AHL filler and you know it

Old
01-16-2011, 12:19 PM
jdpitt05

We should just consolidate this as a 2nd for Jokinen. Balance that as needed...prospects...moving players for cap purposes...etc.

Then can move Jeffrey for a more low key, cheap winger who we think has potential.

jdpitt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I'm not saying Jeffrey is enough for Moulson, but the above is incredibly ignorant and shows how little you actually know about the player.
sid youre ignorant, i got that from a Bruins scout so talk all you like but you dont know your posterior from a hole in the ground.

His exact words were: "Hes nothing but organizational filler at this point"

so just shut up until you have a clue ok

Old
01-16-2011, 12:23 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
There have been a few times in the past,where Snow's gotten criticism for not trading impending ufas he'd shopped.I know he let Satan walk.I think he also shopped,but ended up letting Ruslan Fedentko walk.

Is it better to take a lousy return for Moulson or keep his rights,negoiating right up until July 1st?

and the isles have a glut of unproven prospects who will be fighting for a limited number of roster spots.Snow has some decisions to make as far as who to sign and who to move over the next few seasons.
It isn't a lousy return but Snow might feel it's worth the risk to keep negotiating until July 1st (though if Moulson's agent's minimum price is more than Snow is willing to pay then he should probably trade him and see how the market sets Moulson's value on July 1st). Islanders do have a lot of unproven prospect but Jeffrey is outscoring all the ones in Bridgeport and if he beats out one of Islanders prospect then they can flip that prospect for another asset.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
bull spit, Jeffery had a 14 game trial two years ago, even getting limited time with Crosby and Malkin anf failed miserably, I dont know who youre trying to kid but you aint fooling anyone

letestu got ten games last year, Jeffery got 14 two years ago and Letestu passed him by, The pens see Jeffery as AHL filler and you know it
Letestu is a quality player too, and years older to boot. Getting passed by Letestu is no more damning for Jeffrey than it is for Tangradi.

You using the '08-'09 season as evidence for Jeffrey getting lost in the shuffle fails to take into consideration the relative lack of veteran bottom 6 depth the Pens had that year compared to now, and that guys like Fedotenko and Satan had injury issues that forced the team to bring him up to take a roster spot before he was ready.

Quote:
sid youre ignorant, i got that from a Bruins scout so talk all you like but you dont know your posterior from a hole in the ground.

Ooh, a quote from a mystery scout.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:29 PM
AZPenguins

Quote:

Taking this a bit personal are we? I got a question for you, why on earth would he want to resign with the Islanders? They should trade him while they can get something for him or he's walking in July.

AZPenguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
You have no clue about Jeffrey or what impending UFAs yield at the trade deadline.

Exactly one player got a 1st round pick at the 2010 deadline...Kovalchuk.

2009? None.

2008? Two: Hossa and Campbell (in his 60+ point season)

There's no recent precedent for Moulson calibre players - with absolutely no playoff resume, no less - garnering a 1st round pick, so you can forget that noise unless you'd like to provide a comparable instead of getting huffy about it.

As for Jeffrey, he's a quality prospect in his early 20s working his way into an NHL line-up deep with veterans. If you want to dismiss a prospect working on that timeline, you would've passed on a lot of players who became very good NHLers.
Im not saying Moulson will get a 1st, history shows we probably wont, but a failed prospect for a 30 goal winger doesnt cut it, and by the deadline Moulson should have 20-25 so he'll be on his way to 2 30 goal seasons....

Jeffery has been passed by since his big shot 2 years ago, and theyve called him up twice since as an injury replacement, unless his play in the A steps up I doubt he'll get another real chance

Old
01-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Sideline

vCash: 754
Quote:
Ooh, a quote from a mystery scout.
A mystery scout not in the Penguin's organization.

Quote:
Im not saying Moulson will get a 1st, history shows we probably wont, but a failed prospect for a 30 goal winger doesnt cut it, and by the deadline Moulson should have 20-25 so he'll be on his way to 2 30 goal seasons....

Jeffery has been passed by since his big shot 2 years ago, and theyve called him up twice since as an injury replacement, unless his play in the A steps up I doubt he'll get another real chance
So anyone not NHL ready at 20 is automatically a bust? Because I think there is a guy on the Islanders that didn't look like anything until he was like 26...

Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:

Again, you have no clue about Jeffrey. He has played a stellar game in the AHL - to the point that there's little else he can do to prove himself there. He's been one of the very best players in the league.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Quote:

You're incapable of having a discussion without insults. I don't even know why I bother with you, since you don't actually refute anything. You either resort to just rude name calling, or making up stuff like knowing Scotty Bowman or something.

So stop with the "I was talking to a scout" nonsense. You always try to make it sound like you're connected, when all you are is just like one of us fans whose only connection to an NHL scout/player/GM is when they signed your autographed jersey for you.

To enlighten you, for starters, Jeffrey hasn't cracked the Pens' line up because they are deep at the position he plays. Maybe you've heard of guys named Crosby, Malkin and Staal? There's also Adams on the fourth line, who fills a role that you don't even want Jeffrey filling (ie. fourth line plugger).

Second, with the injury to Staal earlier in the year, that left a spot open at center. The choice was between Jeffrey and Letestu for that spot. A combination of Letestu having a strong camp and the fact Letestu was subject to waivers, while Jeffrey could be sent down without having to pass through waivers and risk getting claimed, made the choice an easy one.

Third, Jeffrey's not going to be a star. But to say he's garbage is beyond ridiculous. He's got the potential to be a solid 2nd/3rd line tweener who can play both ends of the rink. To say otherwise just further proves you're lack of knowledge on the subject (and bringing up these make believe scouts you want everyone to think you know doesn't change that).

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Isles_Guy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPenguins View Post
Taking this a bit personal are we? I got a question for you, why on earth would he want to resign with the Islanders? They should trade him while they can get something for him or he's walking in July.
actually no im not, I just dont like being lied to by someone I know knows better. Sid is a very intelligent guy and he made a comment that he knows I know is false.

I worked in very close contact for 7 years with the NHL and I have many professional acquaintances with people who know better,
I dont know Dustin Jeffery from a hole in the ground but when a professional tells me he organizational filler i believe them, because they are paid to do a job

Old
01-16-2011, 12:42 PM
ObsessedCreative*
I hate the Penguins.

Quote:

Wow this guys is a total clown... and Beau Bennett says hi!

ObsessedCreative* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Ugene Malkin
Hello Mr. Andersen

Quote:

WoW! you don't have a clue, bud.

First: He's an organization filler because this is in front of him.

Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Letestu, Talbot, Rupp, Adams

Next time ask him why he said he's a "organizational filler" in the first place.

You can't read between the lines, can you?

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote