HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brassard or Voracek to Toronto

Old
01-16-2011, 12:06 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle evs48 View Post

I love when people know they have no more points to make. That's when they play the "We?" card. Classic.
so please explain to me why CBJ does not want beauchemin and who said that

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:11 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML nation13 View Post
so please explain to me why CBJ does not want beauchemin and who said that
What? I don't know who said CBJ doesn't want Beachemin. But you contributed nothing to the argument. You looked like you ran out of things to say, so you called him out on saying "we".

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:14 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Leaf fans like to use Wilson's up-pace system as an excuse as to why they are 22nd in GA/Game. They like to use Wilson's system as an excuse for poor goaltending stats and why their defense looks overrated, overpaid, and lost in their own end.

Then they turn right around and inform everyone their forwards are awesome because "LOOK AT THE STATS!"
What Toronto needs are players who won't give away the puck as easily. Luke Schenn leads the league with 57 giveaways, while in 3rd place Beauchemin has 55 giveaways, then you have Kaberle with 48. That's the problem with their defense.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:19 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Leaf fans like to use Wilson's up-pace system as an excuse as to why they are 22nd in GA/Game. They like to use Wilson's system as an excuse for poor goaltending stats and why their defense looks overrated, overpaid, and lost in their own end.

Then they turn right around and inform everyone their forwards are awesome because "LOOK AT THE STATS!"
I never said they were awesome, actually i believe we are painfully weak up front. But to say our forward group is pathetic and worth nothing to them is quite a weak argument when they are out-producing all but one of their forwards.

And yes, Wilsons system is offense first so that may be the reason to their inflated stats and the weak play of our defense, but we learned from the Reimer stint that his system works best when he has a sound positional goaltender.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:22 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
What Toronto needs are players who won't give away the puck as easily. Luke Schenn leads the league with 57 giveaways, while in 3rd place Beauchemin has 55 giveaways, then you have Kaberle with 48. That's the problem with their defense.
Yes this is true, but Kaberle and Schenn's giveaways are the least of our worries. When Schenn giveaway the puck it usually leads to nothing as he is quickly on the puck carrier, whereas Kaberle will make long stretch passes through the neutral zone which is where most of his giveaways are.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:36 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Toronto has nothing of interest outside of Kaberle, Schenn, or Phaneuf. Our teams aren't good trading partners, and stop thinking that Beauch is going to get you either, because he won't, and we don't want him. We need an upgrade on defense, your team isn't going to part with schenn or Phaneuf, and Kaberle is a rental that Columbus would say no too, and your group of forwards are more pathetic than ours, so you can't provide us with a goal scorer, there is no trade to be made between these two teams.
here you go.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:47 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

lolol @ people think beauch is going to come even close to getting either brassard or voracek

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:55 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
The Jackets have already had Beauchemin and let him go. We wouldn't want him back.

Kaberle's a no-go because he doesn't want to play in the Western Conference. That leaves Schenn and Phaneuf.

Available for basically any decent forward.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 12:58 PM
oilers1084

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
If you want schenn we want nash. So lets just leave schenn as an untouchable

What a joker.

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post

Available for basically any decent forward.
No matter how many times you pimp or throw Komi's name in trade proposals.. .it won't get rid of his horrendous contract.

A team may give up a 3rd round pick for him... nothing more, and if a team did, they are bat **** crazy.

No one wants a 5\6 Dman making 4.5 million for the next 4 years.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:37 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

I think kadri+gunnarsson is fair for brassard, but I don't know if either team does it. Unless cbj is willing to wait for kadri and toronto isn't.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 01:43 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesselsnapSHOT View Post
I think kadri+gunnarsson is fair for brassard, but I don't know if either team does it. Unless cbj is willing to wait for kadri and toronto isn't.
LOL!!!!!

Old
01-16-2011, 01:46 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
No matter how many times you pimp or throw Komi's name in trade proposals.. .it won't get rid of his horrendous contract.

A team may give up a 3rd round pick for him... nothing more, and if a team did, they are bat **** crazy.

No one wants a 5\6 Dman making 4.5 million for the next 4 years.
Good thing Komisarek wouldn't be a 5/6 dman on most teams in the league.

Old
01-16-2011, 01:53 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesselsnapSHOT View Post

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:35 PM
gojacketsgo61
Fire the Refs!

vCash: 555
Beauchemin for Brass/Voracek?? Are you guys ****ing insane? Howson would be gone in an instant if he did that trade.

gojacketsgo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Okay... in a pinch #4 dman otherwise a 5\6 Dman

Regardless for 4.5 million the next 4 years... he has nearly negative value with that wretched contract.

Komisarek= salary dump aka, minimal value.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:01 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
Okay... in a pinch #4 dman otherwise a 5\6 Dman

Regardless for 4.5 million the next 4 years... he has nearly negative value with that wretched contract.

Komisarek= salary dump aka, minimal value.
Actually there's a few teams where he'd problably be on the top pair, and he'd be 3/4 on most teams. $4.5m for the next 3 years is overpaid though, and he does have minimal value, hence why I said he'd be available for basically any half decent forward (even if that forward is overpaid).

Old
01-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
You know that each team has their own stats guy who counts giveaways right? It's safe to assume that Toronto's is a little more "giving" than other guys. In other words it's a stupid stat and shouldn't be used. Schenn and Kaberle have been great all year and they're far from the problem on this team. Beauchemin I would say has a lot more glaring giveaways but is still our third best defender.

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:22 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML nation13 View Post
Beauchemin + will tho
Columbus had Beauchemin and shipped him out. He is an error prone d who regularly shows up out of shape. Then add to that He comes with a really bad contract. About the only player you might get from Columbus for him meets the same description, Commodore.

To include Beauchemin in a deal for Brassard, you need to add a lot, like your 1st except of course you can't. Columbus would need a ready for primetime #1 D or #1C prospect like a Joe Colbourne type, plus another top 6 prospect.Toronto just doesn't have that to offer.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:51 PM
AlMo

Quote:
just ****in stop please

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 03:55 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Actually there's a few teams where he'd problably be on the top pair, and he'd be 3/4 on most teams. $4.5m for the next 3 years is overpaid though, and he does have minimal value, hence why I said he'd be available for basically any half decent forward (even if that forward is overpaid).

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:07 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
I'm glad you saw the humor in that. I was about to write a response to him but I see there's no need.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:15 PM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Sweet Jesus.

Komisarek would be top pairing on NO teams in the league at all.

His play has not proven him to be capable of that.

I don't even want him as a bottom pairing defenseman on the Leafs. Even if he made $2 million. He has been absolutely horrific this season. Any team that is half decent, would enjoy no success if they added Komisarek into their top 4. At this point in time he is a bottom pairing defenseman until he proves otherwise.

MoreMogilny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:24 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
LOL what teams? Can I get a list please?

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:36 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

At this time, terrible trading partners.
Surely Columbus would have interest in Kabere if circumstances were different, but....

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote