HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The league's most gutless puke of a player?

View Poll Results: Who's the league's dirtiest player?
Matt Cooke 63 40.65%
Jarko Ruutu 28 18.06%
PK Subban 22 14.19%
Chris Pronger 10 6.45%
Steve Ott 3 1.94%
Jordin Tootoo 4 2.58%
Other 25 16.13%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-15-2011, 09:18 PM
DubiDubiDoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Chris Pronger is a lot of things... but he sure ain't gutless!!
thought it was pretty gutless when he stomped on keslers leg with his skate

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 09:53 PM
darko

This conversation starts and ends with Cooke.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
thought it was pretty gutless when he stomped on keslers leg with his skate
Good point. I'm thinking more along the lines of a player who can't/won't back it up..

AKA PK Subban - I was sort of hoping MTL would score two quick goals in the 3rd so all hell would break lose..

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:33 PM
NikC

mike richards needs to be on this list. he's top on my list for cheap shots to the head. can't stand that stupid smirk of his.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

If Chris Simon was still playing, I'd vote for him.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:40 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Sean Avery.

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:14 AM
DutchShamrock

No Colby Armstrong? That guy crosses the line of clean/dirty all the time and refuses to answer the bell. I'd put Crosby up their too. So many slew foots and spears and he will hide behind the refs and team mates constantly.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:14 AM
DubiDubiDoo

OK, once again, for the guys who hate Avery, this isn't leagues biggest jerk, leagues loudest mouth, this is about guys who intentionally try to hurt people (and I dont mean with their words, lol). If you dont comprehend that, I can't help you.

Old
01-16-2011, 09:16 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Good point. I'm thinking more along the lines of a player who can't/won't back it up..

AKA PK Subban - I was sort of hoping MTL would score two quick goals in the 3rd so all hell would break lose..
haha, in my desire to use the word gutless, I left it a little open to interpretation. By no means would I ever call Pronger cowardly, I guess by gutless I meant no conscience as to his actions.

Old
01-16-2011, 09:21 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
No Colby Armstrong? That guy crosses the line of clean/dirty all the time and refuses to answer the bell. I'd put Crosby up their too. So many slew foots and spears and he will hide behind the refs and team mates constantly.
I forgot about Armstrong to be honest....but I will tell you that as I made up the poll, I considered, Crosby, I considered Malkin, but with Cooke already up there I just figured he was the worst of the three.

Sad when a team with the talent Pitt has continues to role out scum like Cooke and Ruutu in the past, and it seems there willingness to allow the scum into the lockeroom has allowed Sid and Geno to start to think its ok to cheapshot people...sad.

Seriously, could you image Gaborik intentionally cheapshoting people??? Or Callahan, etc. etc.

For Christ sake I could Imagine Avery doing it every game, but somehow he mananges to tow the line, why cant these other guys, when a guy so "emotionally unbalanced" as Sean manages.

Old
01-16-2011, 09:29 AM
BLONG7

It's Cooke...no doubt...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:35 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

WEnt with Ruutu with his intent to injure players. Cooke got his last year from Evander Kane beating his ass.

mrjimmyg89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:53 AM
eco's bones

What about Ovie? He's constantly looking for a highlight reel hit and a lot of them have been up around the head or low around the knee joint--and 9 times out of ten after he delivers one he's heading for the bench and Brian Bradley's jumping on the ice to take a beating for him. That fight with Dubinsky was about the first time he ever dropped the gloves with anyone and even there he jumped Brandon.

I mean at least the likes of Cooke, Kaleta and Ruuttu will fight. Just go over to Hockeyfights.com and you can see for yourself. There are incidents where Kaleta for one turtles and he certainly didn't want to fight with Mirasty when he was in the AHL. I certainly don't like these players and don't mind when they get beat up or injured--because I think of them as dangerous to other players. I don't see Avery in that light because I don't really see a long list of victims going to the hospital but Ovechkin has numerous times injured players with borderline or borderline + hits.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:42 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
What about Ovie? He's constantly looking for a highlight reel hit and a lot of them have been up around the head or low around the knee joint--and 9 times out of ten after he delivers one he's heading for the bench and Brian Bradley's jumping on the ice to take a beating for him. That fight with Dubinsky was about the first time he ever dropped the gloves with anyone and even there he jumped Brandon.

I mean at least the likes of Cooke, Kaleta and Ruuttu will fight. Just go over to Hockeyfights.com and you can see for yourself. There are incidents where Kaleta for one turtles and he certainly didn't want to fight with Mirasty when he was in the AHL. I certainly don't like these players and don't mind when they get beat up or injured--because I think of them as dangerous to other players. I don't see Avery in that light because I don't really see a long list of victims going to the hospital but Ovechkin has numerous times injured players with borderline or borderline + hits.
Ovie is a great question. I did consider him as well, but I decided to leave him out because I'm having a hard tim ejudging his intent.
I believe
Ovechkin is in the same category as Ryan Hollweg, they are EXTREMELY RECKLESS players who don't seem to grasp the gravity and danger in what they do. I'm not so sure their INTENT is to injure people, as much as it is to just throw big hits, albiet dangerous ones. At some point players have to learn though, and if Ovechkin is still doing these type things in 2 yrs, there is no doubt one would have to assume a lesson wasn't learn and he is now fully responsible, intent or not, for the results.

I admit its a kind of weak to differentiate that way, but when guys are stomping on people with skates, intentional sticks to the head, head and knee hunting, it just seems there is a differnce in my view. For now, for my own opinion, Ovechkin is reckless....soon though, there will be no choice but to call him dirty.

This is also based on my limited understanding as I see him alot less than guys like Sid and Malkin, that Ovechkin is not Slewfooting people and the like.

Old
01-16-2011, 11:30 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Ovie is a great question. I did consider him as well, but I decided to leave him out because I'm having a hard tim ejudging his intent.
I believe
Ovechkin is in the same category as Ryan Hollweg, they are EXTREMELY RECKLESS players who don't seem to grasp the gravity and danger in what they do. I'm not so sure their INTENT is to injure people, as much as it is to just throw big hits, albiet dangerous ones. At some point players have to learn though, and if Ovechkin is still doing these type things in 2 yrs, there is no doubt one would have to assume a lesson wasn't learn and he is now fully responsible, intent or not, for the results.

I admit its a kind of weak to differentiate that way, but when guys are stomping on people with skates, intentional sticks to the head, head and knee hunting, it just seems there is a differnce in my view. For now, for my own opinion, Ovechkin is reckless....soon though, there will be no choice but to call him dirty.

This is also based on my limited understanding as I see him alot less than guys like Sid and Malkin, that Ovechkin is not Slewfooting people and the like.
I get your point but your perjorative 'gutless' doesn't really fit for guys like Ott, Ruuttu, Cooke etc. because they all have more than occasionally faced the music for their actions. I don't know if there's a big difference with how any of them react to an opponents injury as opposed to how Ovechkin reacts. He always claims his hits are good and legal and to be mystifed why anyone would think differently. To be honest none of the above (including Ovechkin) seem to really give a **** if one of their borderline hits lands someone in the hospital.

To be honest I wonder he's not on the list just because he's one of the NHL's premier players.

Old
01-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Miller Time NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
Anyone think that Bertuzzi's incident with Moore could put him on this list?
He wasn't a dirtbag that was a single incident he wasnt normally like that.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:19 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
I get your point but your perjorative 'gutless' doesn't really fit for guys like Ott, Ruuttu, Cooke etc. because they all have more than occasionally faced the music for their actions. I don't know if there's a big difference with how any of them react to an opponents injury as opposed to how Ovechkin reacts. He always claims his hits are good and legal and to be mystifed why anyone would think differently. To be honest none of the above (including Ovechkin) seem to really give a **** if one of their borderline hits lands someone in the hospital.

To be honest I wonder he's not on the list just because he's one of the NHL's premier players.
Maybe the NHL would leave him off for that reason, but I can asure you that wouldn't be mine.

As for the gutless, thing, I mentioned above, to me gutless meant without regard for injury to the other player. The only guy on the list I would call cowardly would be Subban.

Old
01-16-2011, 02:23 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Maybe the NHL would leave him off for that reason, but I can asure you that wouldn't be mine.

As for the gutless, thing, I mentioned above, to me gutless meant without regard for injury to the other player. The only guy on the list I would call cowardly would be Subban.
I can agree with this.