HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers interested in Langenbrunner (update: traded to Dallas)

Old
01-16-2011, 03:59 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
According to Timmy P, the Flyers offered a 2nd and a 4th for Langenbrunner, but Lou turned it down because he refused to deal with the Flyers.

Quote:
• Finally, the New York Post says the Devils took a conditional third-round pick from Dallas for Jamie Langenbrunner when they could have had a second and fourth-round pick from the Flyers. Their point? GM Lou Lamoriello simply didn’t want to deal Langenbrunner to the Flyers. Lou’s never done a deal with Philly. And never will.
http://www.csnphilly.com/01/15/11/bN...917&feedID=695

Holmgren was going to trade our 2013 2nd

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
According to Timmy P, the Flyers offered a 2nd and a 4th for Langenbrunner, but Lou turned it down because he refused to deal with the Flyers.

http://www.csnphilly.com/01/15/11/bN...917&feedID=695

Holmgren was going to trade our 2013 2nd
Good Lord. if that's true. What does this man have against 2nd round draft picks?

IIRC, Langenbrunner doesn't have any points with Dallas yet.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Good Lord. if that's true. What does this man have against 2nd round draft picks?

IIRC, Langenbrunner doesn't have any points with Dallas yet.
They're tools. If you look at the trade deadline, that's the going rate for anything you want. Lou probably didn't want to wait another 2 drafts to see a return, which is going to be the problem for Holmgren if he's trying to make a trade. He's going to have to overpay if he's tossing 2nd round picks more than one year down the line. This is the problem he faces for making retarded trades in recent years

It was supposedly Langenbrunner who put the brakes on, but also supposedly Lou accepted the Stars' deal before the Flyers made an offer. Timmy P is all wrong here.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
They're tools. If you look at the trade deadline, that's the going rate for anything you want. Lou probably didn't want to wait another 2 drafts to see a return, which is going to be the problem for Holmgren if he's trying to make a trade. He's going to have to overpay if he's tossing 2nd round picks more than one year down the line. This is the problem he faces for making retarded trades in recent years

It was supposedly Langenbrunner who put the brakes on, but also supposedly Lou accepted the Stars' deal before the Flyers made an offer. Timmy P is all wrong here.
I'm fine with trading 2nd round picks generally, but here's my two problems with it:

1) Our prospect pool sucks and our 2nd round picks are constantly being traded.

2) If we're trading a 2nd (let alone 2nd+4th) for a playoff rental, then it better damn well be a safer bet then Langenbrunner.

Old
01-16-2011, 05:10 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
I'm fine with trading 2nd round picks generally, but here's my two problems with it:

1) Our prospect pool sucks and our 2nd round picks are constantly being traded.

2) If we're trading a 2nd (let alone 2nd+4th) for a playoff rental, then it better damn well be a safer bet then Langenbrunner.
I agree with you, you can get guys who can help you just as fast if you're drafting well as 1st round picks. However, the Flyers are all about next season, and they don't help you. Holmgren doesn't work the draft board like Clarke used to.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Taking the #2 as being true, for arguments sake here... I just don't see Lou reasoning... even if the #2 was on a delay, assuming the #4 would be this coming draft... Dealing within the Division in a year that you are in a fight with them I agree is a no-no... However, when you are trading a rental in a year where you have no chance for the postseason what the Hell difference does it make being within the Division... Look at it this way, Lou, you could weaken your Division foe down the line when it matters.

On a dead in water season IMO it is best to get the biggest bang for the buck... and this would even possibly put them one chit above the Flyers in the future... maybe a return deal in equal but reversed circumstance.

This is just a case of hate for an opposition... and the want for them to fail, today, tomorrow and forever I suppose.

Have at it Lou... the inmates are now running yous asylum... WTF?... The Devils may have cooked their goose for the long run; but oh what a lovely superstar you have for what may be your lifetime.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Taking the #2 as being true, for arguments sake here... I just don't see Lou reasoning... even if the #2 was on a delay, assuming the #4 would be this coming draft... Dealing within the Division in a year that you are in a fight with them I agree is a no-no... However, when you are trading a rental in a year where you have no chance for the postseason what the Hell difference does it make being within the Division... Look at it this way, Lou, you could weaken your Division foe down the line when it matters.

On a dead in water season IMO it is best to get the biggest bang for the buck... and this would even possibly put them one chit above the Flyers in the future... maybe a return deal in equal but reversed circumstance.

This is just a case of hate for an opposition... and the want for them to fail, today, tomorrow and forever I suppose.

Have at it Lou... the inmates are now running yous asylum... WTF?... The Devils may have cooked their goose for the long run; but oh what a lovely superstar you have for what may be your lifetime.
Langenbrunner had an NTC so it's possible he could have had a say in it. I have no clue why he wouldn't want to be here though.

Old
01-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Langenbrunner had an NTC so it's possible he could have had a say in it. I have no clue why he wouldn't want to be here though.
I was totally talking about the circumstance where the Flyers offered Lou more yet he passed on it because he doesn't trade withe the Division rival Flyers.

With that said, from what I heard Langenbrunner wanted to lay in the East or Dallas... and Philly is damn near NJ Devils for his family... But I also heard that he wanted to go to Dallas... so, we really don't know the entire story. But, again... I was discussing Lou's Division nixing report.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote