Notices

New England Patriots/NFL Official 2010 Thread : Part 3

Old
01-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Lady Rhian
St. McQuaid he aint

vCash: 500
New England Patriots/NFL Official 2010 Thread : Part 3

Please continue discussing the Pats here.

Lady Rhian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:06 PM
LucicTrain*

Patriots have now officially become the Bruins. the regular season is meaningless if you consistently cant get it done in the playoffs. okay so maybe its a bit extreme but you get the point.

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by doakacola View Post
Crumpler played well, except for the drop. He's kind of the Recchi of the Pats.
That drop was crucial, he played well but no matter what he did, he wasn't going to have the impact that Hernandez could've.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
doakacola*

What happened to Spikes and Cunningham, were they inactive? Dafoomie, I don't know if it was you. but Seymour would have helped.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Mr Cartmenez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
Nothing will ever be worse than Superbowl XLII, but in a vacuum, this is almost as bad

This team SHOULD'VE won the Superbowl, we were easily the best team in the league this year. We beat everybody, and we crushed everybody. We destroyed the Jets, Steelers, and Bears. We beat Green Bay and Baltimore. This team played so well and should've gone all the way.

Then they come out like that. They do everything that they didn't do in the regular season. Brady throwing a stupid unforced interception to ruin one drive. Crumpler dropping a TD. The O-Line which has been perfect since Mankins came back didn't block anything today. Chung fumbles the snap on a fake punt. Horrid tackling in the 4th quarter after the offense finally woke up. All the mistakes the Patriots usually capitalize off of, we made today. They beat themselves. The only credit the ******* Jets deserve is not turning over the ball. They have no offense at all, their defense is overrated as hell, and WE screwed it all up. We beat ourselves. There needs to be hell to pay for this, like how after the 2006 disaster Belichick went for it all and got Welker, Moss, Thomas, etc. and put together the best team we've ever seen in 2007.

6 years without a Superbowl considering all the talent we've had is a total failure. Three consecutive playoff losses against inferior teams, two straight losses at home. This is unacceptable. We need to get a pass rush and playmakers on D in the draft, and lock up Mankins then replace Matt Light's old ass on the O-Line. Belichick needs to get off his ass and hire some ****ing coordinators too, he can't do it himself.

And out of everybody we could've been playing when we beat ourselves, it has to be those sick scum piece of **** Jets and their classless trash talk. Why couldn't we lose to a team like KC or someone? This is a disgrace, and changes better be made. I can't believe I have to root for the Steelers next week, and the Bears in the Superbowl.

This isn't 2007-bad of a loss, but it's almost there. Nobody should've even touched this team in the playoffs the way they were playing down the stretch, and they screwed it all up. **** them. **** them all.
Good post, but believe me, this loss is not nearly in the same class as the 2007 SuperBowl. Ok, it was against the classless Jets, but the opponent will be forgotten in a few month and it was only the 2nd round of the playoffs.
SuperBowl was worse, we had the chance to go 19-0...the chance of a lifetime to be considered the greatest football-team of all time.

And I don't think we are/were far and away the best team this year. We could have won the SuperBowl, but it's not like 2007 when we were miles better than anyone else.

Fact is: We are 0-3 since 2007 SuperBowl with 2 home losses. Brady and BB better turn it around next year, they were once considered almost unbeatable in the playoffs.

Mr Cartmenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Quote:
What happened to Spikes and Cunningham, were they inactive? Dafoomie, I don't know if it was you. but Seymour would have helped.
I heard Cunningham's name once. Not sure about Spikes.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
No they were both in, but were invisible or 2nd on depth chart.

Guiledoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LucicTrain*

Arthur its time to change the avatar

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:11 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Anyone think the pick really messed with Bradys mind?

We were driving pretty well, then the INT. He wasn't same again.

TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:12 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
That drop was crucial, he played well but no matter what he did, he wasn't going to have the impact that Hernandez could've.
I guess he was injured and couldn't be a factor than.

Old
01-16-2011, 08:13 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP222 View Post

Yep, that and the pressure.

Old
01-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP222 View Post

Brady played like a little girl all day. He gets sacked a couple times, then there were a few instances where he was in the pocket, with nobody around him, and he panicked and ducked.

What happened to the guy who was supposed to be so clutch? He's been a disaster his last handful of playoff games...even in 07 against Jacksonville and San Diego, he didn't do much.

Arthur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:15 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
What happened to Spikes and Cunningham, werethey inactive? Dafoomie, I don't know if it was you. but Seymour would have helped.
Not taking a draft pick 2 years down the line might've helped too.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:21 PM
chizzler

Quote:
Yep, that and the pressure.
Brady is not used to seeing this. He gets tons of time. best o-line in the league arguably. So when he starts getting sacked, his clock starts to run faster.

chizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:22 PM
doakacola*

Brady is 4-5 in last 9 PO games and has like 16 TD AND 13 INT according to ESPN.

Old
01-16-2011, 08:24 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizzler View Post
Brady is not used to seeing this. He gets tons of time. best o-line in the league arguably. So when he starts getting sacked, his clock starts to run faster.
He had guys open a few times and either threw incomplete elsewhere or was sacked.

Old
01-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Hnidy Hnight

Rex Ryan coached the pants off BB tonight. Jets deserved the W

Hnidy Hnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

I don't believe the draft picks work the same in the NFL as they do in the NHL.

I believe that SB-winner and runner up pick 32nd and 31st, but after that, I think it goes by record. The year they finished 11-5 and *out* of the playoffs, they actually picked after teams that went to the playoffs if memory serves because those teams played in weaker divisions.

I could be wrong, but I don't think NE's pick is all that far away from 30 even with the life-sucking loss at home to the Jets of all teams.

I wonder if this loss will spur Belichick on to action? It happened back in '06 when they lost the AFC Championship Game to the Colts and the Pats went out and re-loaded via FA and trades. He's got the pick currency to do something a little different/out of the box, so let's see if this kind of loss to Rex Ryan and the talking/crowing that is sure to come out of NY gets his butt in gear to actually upgrade the team in several key areas.

Just a really disappointing loss magnified by the context/circumstances, but this team went 14-2...a few guys here and there and they could be in business.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Nicholas723

Got to admin this loss hurt.. almost as bad as the 08' superbowl.

Nicholas723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Rex Ryan coached the pants off BB tonight. Jets deserved the W
He had a great gameplan, but let's get serious-- his players played their pants off and executed it to near perfection. Ryan was looking a little queasy there early on, but the Pats failed to put points on the board when they had them dead to rights and the Jets swung the momentum.

I don't think Ryan is as great as everyone rushing to fawn all over him believe he is...I still think his hubris will be his eventual undoing, but for now...he's the big dog and gets to yuk it up. His brashness and ego will hurt him in the end, as people are going to relish pounding him, and he's not going to have many places to go when it all goes south.

I just became a big Steelers backer for the AFC game though, and it isn't hard given how much I respect Mike Tomlin's professionalism and approach to things as opposed to Ryan's. As I said before, Ryan can't help himself. If he isn't talking about making Super Bowl plans or a victory parade this week, he'll do something else to create an unneeded distraction for his team. Here's guessing that won't fly against the Steelers, but then again, I was pretty confident that the Pats would take care of business tonight.

Shows how much I know. Which, according to Daddy Warbucks, isn't a whole lot!

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Savynquick*

I'm not a failtriots fan, but I have to ask some of those who are:

3 straight playoff game losses, mostly as HUGE favorites. You think you have to fire the coach now?

Obviously not, but you get my point.

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
I'm not a failtriots fan, but I have to ask some of those who are:

3 straight playoff game losses, mostly as HUGE favorites. You think you have to fire the coach now?

Obviously not, but you get my point.
He shouldn't be fired, but he needs to have his ass kicked around a bit for this. He can at least start by hiring some god damn coordinators so he doesn't have to do everything himself. Belichick alone isn't why they lost(unlike Julien)

Old
01-16-2011, 08:44 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Patriots can't win if they can't cheat. No Super Bowls since Spygate. Fact not opinion.

David Krejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:46 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Krejci View Post
Patriots can't win if they can't cheat. No Super Bowls since Spygate. Fact not opinion.
You are a retard.

Old
01-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Savynquick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
He shouldn't be fired, but he needs to have his ass kicked around a bit for this. He can at least start by hiring some god damn coordinators so he doesn't have to do everything himself. Belichick alone isn't why they lost(unlike Julien)
Well the fake punt on that part of the field was him. The way some of his players made jokes in the media this week is also on him. And there has to be a fair amount of coaching blame on how much they ran when down two scores and a quarter left (although I agree it's not all him). But still, saying the head coach in hockey makes ALL the decisions is also wrong. There are assistants there too.

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote