HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky to LA

Old
01-16-2011, 06:18 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Yeah, some great analysis here:

"First, let me start off by saying that I really don’t watch the Kings that much so I haven’t seen Jack Johnson play all that much. My comments here are based purely on a statistical analysis."
hoping you didn't read that but I respect Johnson as a player, I'm just not sold on him like that 7 year deal. Doughy on the other hand, gets my vote any day.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:27 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

vCash: 500
How about :

To LA:
Hemsky
Omark
Brule
Vandermeer

To EDM:
Schenn
Teubert

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
hoping you didn't read that but I respect Johnson as a player, I'm just not sold on him like that 7 year deal. Doughy on the other hand, gets my vote any day.
You never stopped to think WHY the Kings made a 7 year commitment with Johnson? When he came into the league, his first 2 years were spent working on his defensive game. Today, he is up there with Doughty (mostly even outplaying him throughout this year). Johnson excels when under pressure. He has proven that at the WJC, playoffs, etc. That shoulder injury that made him miss exactly half of his sophomore year slowed his development.

Back on topic......The kings don't need another playmaker. They need a sniper, someone that is not afraid of shooting and actually getting the puck through and not straight into the chest of the goalie.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:30 PM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
How about :

To LA:
Hemsky
Omark
Brule
Vandermeer

To EDM:
Schenn
Teubert
Hemsky > Schenn
Brule > Teubert
Omark> Nothing
Vandermeer> Nothing

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:34 PM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheBGB View Post
Hemsky for Schenn + Teubert
Teubert doesn't make up the difference between Hemsky and Schenn

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 06:44 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
You never stopped to think WHY the Kings made a 7 year commitment with Johnson? When he came into the league, his first 2 years were spent working on his defensive game. Today, he is up there with Doughty (mostly even outplaying him throughout this year). Johnson excels when under pressure. He has proven that at the WJC, playoffs, etc. That shoulder injury that made him miss exactly half of his sophomore year slowed his development.

Back on topic......The kings don't need another playmaker. They need a sniper, someone that is not afraid of shooting and actually getting the puck through and not straight into the chest of the goalie.
I never stopped to think of what LA's gm does. Stoll and Williams are worth more than Handzus but at least this is Handzus's last year, Marco Sturm? really? the saviour? I wonder what Doughty's next contract will look like, any who, I like the Kings future and the GM is playing his cards right, so I can't say anything bad about him.

It seem's like you would prefer Penner over Hemsky, if thats the case or call up Schenn or King already.

Old
01-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSean View Post
Hemsky > Schenn
Brule > Teubert
Omark> Nothing
Vandermeer> Nothing
I disagree

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:11 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
How about :

To LA:
Hemsky
Omark
Brule
Vandermeer

To EDM:
Schenn
Teubert
Way too much from Edmonton for just "prospects"

Old
01-16-2011, 07:41 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Jack Johnson is highly overated, one of those lucky NHL'ers in todays game if I must say so myself.

http://hockeyanalysis.com/2011/01/09...nson-contract/
That statement is as ignorant as "Hemsky isn't worth too much because he is always injured. I mean he has missed 100 games in the past four years and hasn't played a complete season once in his 8 year NHL career".

Its also as totally ignorant as anyone who thinks that the Kings only have "average" prospects after Schenn. If that is the case then why are we constantly in the top 5 in as far as prospect depth and not just here either.

Hemsky is a stud and is worth a ton but to me, the Oilers are so set up front with incredible talent that I think that they could actually afford to move him (or one of their other studs).

Voynov leads the AHL in scoring and is a very solid D man. Muzzin has already proven himself to be a very good pmd who is also NHL ready. Forbort, Toffoli, Weal, Kozun, Hickey Tuebert, Loktionov, Vey along with Clifford are all more than average nhl prospects.

Muzzin and Voynov would both be exceptional adds to the Oilers D from what I have seen.

Hemsky is worth more than Schenn in my opinion but the Kings would nor should never make that deal.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:04 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

LLOLOLOLOL Hey, edmonton fans, answer this for me!

When was the last time Hemsky played 82 games? Quick, quick, quick.. DING DING DING, NEVER!. He's a ****ing band-aid.

When was the last time he had over 25 goals? NEVER! Yet you guys treat him like ****ing Wayne Gretzky.

One of Teubert/Hickey/Voynov, Justin Williams (We'd have too many RW if we didn't trade one of ours away, unless Hemsky can play LW) and 1st or 2nd would be more than enough. Consider yourselves lucky the Kings are even allegedly interested in this scrub.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Andrew B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
LLOLOLOLOL Hey, edmonton fans, answer this for me!

When was the last time Hemsky played 82 games? Quick, quick, quick.. DING DING DING, NEVER!. He's a ****ing band-aid.

When was the last time he had over 25 goals? NEVER! Yet you guys treat him like ****ing Wayne Gretzky.

One of Teubert/Hickey/Voynov, Justin Williams (We'd have too many RW if we didn't trade one of ours away, unless Hemsky can play LW) and 1st or 2nd would be more than enough. Consider yourselves lucky the Kings are even allegedly interested in this scrub.
lol.

Wayne Gretzky would get far more than Brayden Schenn.

Andrew B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:42 PM
iCanada

LOLOLOLOLOLLL, Hey LA fans!! When is the last time Schenn scored an NHL goal?? NEVER!!! When is the last time he played an 82 game season? quick quick quick!!! NEVER!!!

I don't understand why all you LA fans treat him like he is friggen Wayne Gretzky....

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:47 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCanada View Post
LOLOLOLOLOLLL, Hey LA fans!! When is the last time Schenn scored an NHL goal?? NEVER!!! When is the last time he played an 82 game season? quick quick quick!!! NEVER!!!

I don't understand why all you LA fans treat him like he is friggen Wayne Gretzky....

haha i like this

Old
01-16-2011, 09:32 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:

lol funny guy.. Obviously Schenn's got a higher ceiling than Hemsky. If you want to talk like that, let's trade Ryan Smyth for Taylor Hall. Your counter argument just makes no sense, you guys overvalue Ales Hemsky. Brayden Schenn is a special player but in no way will he be traded in a package for Ales Hemsky, that's just ridiculous. Brayden Schenn is traded in packages for guys like Malkin, Staal, all-stars, not someone who can't even stay healthy for a full season or put up 25 goals lol.

Be realistic for a second, do you really think the Kings are willing to trade their top prospect, the guy who took over for Canada in the WJC, he was the heart & soul of that team, the same guy who played through a separated shoulder in the gold medal game (obviously something Ales Hemsky wouldn't do), the guy who's projected to be our #2 center for someone who 1) can't stay healthy for a full year (every time i check, he's injured and it's not a coincidence, he's just never healthy); 2) has never had a 25 goal season (that speaks volumes for a guy who's considered to be a "sniper").

Like I said earlier, you'll be lucky to get a package of Voynov/Teubert/Hickey, Justin Williams and a high pick for Hemsky.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:49 PM
iCanada

Quote:
lol funny guy.. Obviously Schenn's got a higher ceiling than Hemsky. If you want to talk like that, let's trade Ryan Smyth for Taylor Hall. Your counter argument just makes no sense, you guys overvalue Ales Hemsky. Brayden Schenn is a special player but in no way will he be traded in a package for Ales Hemsky, that's just ridiculous. Brayden Schenn is traded in packages for guys like Malkin, Staal, all-stars, not someone who can't even stay healthy for a full season or put up 25 goals lol.

Be realistic for a second, do you really think the Kings are willing to trade their top prospect, the guy who took over for Canada in the WJC, he was the heart & soul of that team, the same guy who played through a separated shoulder in the gold medal game (obviously something Ales Hemsky wouldn't do), the guy who's projected to be our #2 center for someone who 1) can't stay healthy for a full year (every time i check, he's injured and it's not a coincidence, he's just never healthy); 2) has never had a 25 goal season (that speaks volumes for a guy who's considered to be a "sniper").

Like I said earlier, you'll be lucky to get a package of Voynov/Teubert/Hickey, Justin Williams and a high pick for Hemsky.
And you'd be lucky to get our best player in a trade for your spare trash.

iCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the

Quote:

Calm down bro. Hemsky could benefit playing with the Kings seeing as he has had past chemistry with guys like Smyth and Stoll. Yes, I know you are a Hemsky hater, that means Hemsky is doing a good job.

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:54 PM
wej20

Quote:

Serious question? have you ever seen Hemsky play? because Sniper is one of the last words I'd use to describe Hemsky's game. It's like describing Scuderi as an offensive puck rushing defenseman.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:02 PM
MPStoEberletoHall

Quote:

Calm down bud

Old
01-16-2011, 10:15 PM
oilers1084

Quote:

Lol, good one buddy.

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:19 PM
oilers1084

Quote:

I wonder whose on the all-star team, Ales Hemsky!, Yikes where have you been for the last 10 years?, Hemsky has always been a playmaker

oilers1084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:28 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSean View Post
Hemsky > Schenn
Brule > Teubert
Omark> Nothing
Vandermeer> Nothing
Doesn't really matter who is >>>>> because Brule/Omark/Vandermeer couldn't make the Kings roster now or in the future.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I would trade for Penner. He is more affordable, durable, and has a proven knack for the net. Hemsky would cost too much, and it would be unknown whether or not he would even be able to play a full year for us.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:35 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:

So you expect Brayden Schenn, a 2nd line centre on LA (Behind Kopi) to be better than a 0.9 PPG player (Don't remember the exact number but it's around there). Brayden Schenn is traded in packages for Malkin or Stall (I hope you meant Eric...), only if someone with more value like JJ+ is involved.

Last year, Hemmer played with an injured shoulder for a few games before deciding to get surgery and not damage it further. Schenn played through 1-2 games with it and then got surgery. Same thing? Oh and who the hell thinks he's a sniper?

Gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
This thread is fun.

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Doesn't really matter who is >>>>> because Brule/Omark/Vandermeer couldn't make the Kings roster now or in the future.
This is a pretty bold statement for a team outside a playoff spot and 4 pts out of 14 in the conference

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote