New England Patriots/NFL Official 2010 Thread : Part 3

Old
01-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
Well the fake punt on that part of the field was him. The way some of his players made jokes in the media this week is also on him. And there has to be a fair amount of coaching blame on how much they ran when down two scores and a quarter left (although I agree it's not all him). But still, saying the head coach in hockey makes ALL the decisions is also wrong. There are assistants there too.
It wasn't Belichick's fault that Chung dropped the damn ball. He had a huge running lane, it was a good call and Chung ****ed it up.

Arthur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:50 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
You are a retard.
You are mad.

David Krejci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Mr Cartmenez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
Here's guessing that won't fly against the Steelers, but then again, I was pretty confident that the Pats would take care of business tonight.

Shows how much I know. Which, according to Daddy Warbucks, isn't a whole lot!
I think you're spot on with that predicition. Believe me, the Steelers won't go down that easy as we did. They are a typical playoff team and they have more fire than the Patriots. Mike Tomlin is a great great coach, the only guy I really like in Pittsburgh.
I can't guarantee a win for the Steelers, but I can say that they will show up. Jets have beaten them before, so it's probably going to be a close game, anything can happen. I would say the Steelers are favorites, but not by the wide margin that we were tonight.

@savynquick: yah, the stats speak for themselves. I don't think the coaching is great anymore, BB needs more help from Coordinators. Brady hasn't been himself over the last 3 Playoffs, most of the time not bad, but certainly no gamechanger.

Something needs to happen in the off-season. Maybe we should start focusing more on Defense again. That's how we won our 3 Titles and that's the way to go.

Mr Cartmenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:53 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
Well the fake punt on that part of the field was him. The way some of his players made jokes in the media this week is also on him. And there has to be a fair amount of coaching blame on how much they ran when down two scores and a quarter left (although I agree it's not all him). But still, saying the head coach in hockey makes ALL the decisions is also wrong. There are assistants there too.
BB has his fair share of blame here. The fake punt and 4th qtr time management
being 1 & 1A. Lousy ending to a terrific season.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Anyway, I'm glad the Sox loaded up and we have them to look forward to, but they or the Celtics better play to their potential and bring in a damn championship this year(we all know that the Bruins will never win it). I'm sick of our teams choking. For how great the last decade started for this town, they've been the laughing stock of the sports nation recently. Sure, we have more success than Seattle or Cleveland or whoever, but we're losing in embarrassing fashion in high profile situations, and that's inexcusable. I don't want to hear some San Diego or Houston ***** whining that they wish they could've won 3 superbowls ten years ago. These big embarrassing losses are worse than the big wins were good.

Old
01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Savynquick*

Quote:
It wasn't Belichick's fault that Chung dropped the damn ball. He had a huge running lane, it was a good call and Chung ****ed it up.
It's risk assessment, lol. On your part of the field, down only 4, you absolutely don't need to make that play call there. It was a huge mistake.

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:55 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
As we saw with LT, direct snaps to people who don't normally take them can be risky.
IMO it was an ultra risky move.

Old
01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Way too risky to call that, it was such a close game at that point that it wasn't worth it. They handed the Jets a touchdown.

Does Bill O'Brien's playcalling today get him fired? Running the ball so often in that long drive in the 4th quarter was so questionable that Belichick was screaming at him to throw the god damn ball.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Anyway, I'm glad the Sox loaded up and we have them to look forward to, but they or the Celtics better play to their potential and bring in a damn championship this year(we all know that the Bruins will never win it). I'm sick of our teams choking. For how great the last decade started for this town, they've been the laughing stock of the sports nation recently. Sure, we have more success than Seattle or Cleveland or whoever, but we're losing in embarrassing fashion in high profile situations, and that's inexcusable. I don't want to hear some San Diego or Houston ***** whining that they wish they could've won 3 superbowls ten years ago. These big embarrassing losses are worse than the big wins were good.
Dude since 2001 Boston has 3 Super Bowls, 2 World Series and an NBA title and you're
actually complaining? Not to mention 4 NCAA Hockey Titles.

Old
01-16-2011, 09:00 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
Way too risky to call that, it was such a close game at that point that it wasn't worth it. They handed the Jets a touchdown.

Does Bill O'Brien's playcalling today get him fired? Running the ball so often in that long drive in the 4th quarter was so questionable that Belichick was screaming at him to throw the god damn ball.
BB is the boss, all he had to do was say something earlier.

Old
01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doakacola View Post
Dude since 2001 Boston has 3 Super Bowls, 2 World Series and an NBA title and you're
actually complaining? Not to mention 4 NCAA Hockey Titles.
Yes, I'm complaining. And NCAA Hockey doesn't ****ing count.

The Patriots have 3 titles, that's great, I enjoyed them when they happened...when I was in high school. But they've done nothing but lose when they were favored to win since then, and should have at least 5 rings to show for the last decade. Why is everyone falling back on **** that happened 7 years ago and thinking that losing games like Superbowl XLII and today are okay because we beat the Eagles in 2005. It's like Tom Brady said, the only one that matters is the next one.

Old
01-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Shaun

This decade has not started out good Bruins Collapse, Celtics lose in Game 7 83-79, Red Sox have injury bug and then the Patriots lose in the first round. The only positive is that we started winning in 2001 so maybe we will in 2011.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:07 PM
chizzler

I know not all Pats fans are like you Arthur.

chizzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

Quote:
Brady played like a little girl all day. He gets sacked a couple times, then there were a few instances where he was in the pocket, with nobody around him, and he panicked and ducked.

What happened to the guy who was supposed to be so clutch? He's been a disaster his last handful of playoff games...even in 07 against Jacksonville and San Diego, he didn't do much.
What??

Brady was a ****ing surgeon that game. 26-28 and 262 yards with 3 td and 0 picks.

This years team had a great record but they weren't head and shoulders above everyone else. The Defense didn't pass the eye test most of the year. Every time our D looked good it was because we made the opposing team one dimensional. When we didn't have huge leads the games were touch-n-go(see GB and INDY).

Once we got within 3 the defense needed a stop and failed. Brady and the offense failed and special teams failed. This team doesn't have the mystique/aura the previous teams use to have and no one is afraid of this team no more. Brady hasn't been the same in the pocket since the injury and the 2007 Super Bowl. He still is the best QB in the league but now when he gets hit he becomes rattled, more so then the way he used to be.

It sucks we lost but we should still have a 2-3 year window at another title. Brady has gotten older and I'm quite happy with the 3 titles we have. I grew up as a Pats fan when they were known as the Patsies, so I think I'm a little jaded now after the 2007 loss(nothing can be worse) and the good things that have happened.

I'm still pissed and going to drink myself into a coma tonight though.

Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:13 PM
chizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
What??

Brady was a ****ing surgeon that game. 26-28 and 262 yards with 3 td and 0 picks.

This years team had a great record but they weren't head and shoulders above everyone else. The Defense didn't pass the eye test most of the year. Every time our D looked good it was because we made the opposing team one dimensional. When we didn't have huge leads the games were touch-n-go(see GB and INDY).

Once we got within 3 the defense needed a stop and failed. Brady and the offense failed and special teams failed. This team doesn't have the mystique/aura the previous teams use to have and no one is afraid of this team no more. Brady hasn't been the same in the pocket since the injury and the 2007 Super Bowl. He still is the best QB in the league but now when he gets hit he becomes rattled, more so then the way he used to be.

It sucks we lost but we should still have a 2-3 year window at another title. Brady has gotten older and I'm quite happy with the 3 titles we have. I grew up as a Pats fan when they were known as the Patsies, so I think I'm a little jaded now after the 2007 loss(nothing can be worse) and the good things that have happened.

I'm still pissed and going to drink myself into a coma tonight though.
Give it a week.

Old
01-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Street Hawk

Quote:
BB has his fair share of blame here. The fake punt and 4th qtr time management
being 1 & 1A. Lousy ending to a terrific season.
Fake punt was a risky call. But, given the score and time remaining, probably best to just be safe and kick it deep.

Time management, they took so much time off the clock, that on they had to make sure that they scored on that drive. Brady passed up a chance to hit Welker with a 7 yard gain on 3rd down. Would have made it 4th and 6 on like the 28 yard line. Would have been about a 45 or 46 yard kick if the Patriots opted for it. But, at least it would have opened up more options on 4th and 6 instead of 13. Brady didn't manage the situation on that 3rd down play. He tried for the 1st down instead.

Eventually, those decisions to NOT re-sign veterans like Samuel and others, along with trading Seymour were going to catch up to the Patriot's. They simply do not have the play makers on defense that they once did during their Superbowl runs. They get the #18 pick from the Raiders, but there goes 2 years off Brady's career in his early 30's while the Patriots wait for that #18 pick. He'll turn 34 in August. The Patriot's system works well, but they still need a few play makers on defense to cause a turnover, get a sack, make a stop. They can't just plug another player in and expect him to make a big play.

Street Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

According to some nesn.com writer, Chung audibled into the fake punt, but Zolak is arguing that it was a special teams coach's decision

Old
01-16-2011, 09:34 PM
chizzler

Quote:
According to some nesn.com writer, Chung audibled into the fake punt, but Zolak is arguing that it was a special teams coach's decision
BB had to of called it. To big of a play.

Old
01-16-2011, 09:35 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Yes, I'm complaining. And NCAA Hockey doesn't ****ing count.

The Patriots have 3 titles, that's great, I enjoyed them when they happened...when I was in high school. But they've done nothing but lose when they were favored to win since then, and should have at least 5 rings to show for the last decade. Why is everyone falling back on **** that happened 7 years ago and thinking that losing games like Superbowl XLII and today are okay because we beat the Eagles in 2005. It's like Tom Brady said, the only one that matters is the next one.
Go talk to all the people in the cemetery who never saw a Red Sox WS championship over 80 years. You don't realize how fortunate you have been to witness so many titles in such few years in todays modern sports. They weren't good enough today, whats so difficult to understand?

Incidentally those NCAA titles are meaningful in my book. That BU comeback was for the ages.

Old
01-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Mr Cartmenez

Quote:
Go talk to all the people in the cemetery who never saw a Red Sox WS championship over 80 years. You don't realize how fortunate you have been to witness so many titles in such few years in todays modern sports. They weren't good enough today, whats so difficult to understand?
True...and we should be happy that the Sox are still a winning team and contenders almost every year. Same goes for the C's for the last 3-4 years and let's not forget the Pats with 3 SB titles, 1 more SB appearance and the 18-1 season + Bruins who are only getting better and better.

Boston is a great sportstown, arguably the best. Sure some losses stings, but most of the other fans of some teams would die to get the chance to "suffer" those losses.

There is all reason to be mad/sad about todays game, but I am still happy to be a fan of Bostons sports teams.

Mr Cartmenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Very hard to digest this loss, can't believe it

I'll be behind the Packers now

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:57 PM
doakacola*

For all the crying about losing to the Jets, those Jets are 4-1 in the last two years come PO time. How about giving them some credit?

Old
01-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Quote:
For all the crying about losing to the Jets, those Jets are 4-1 in the last two years come PO time. How about giving them some credit?
No. Last year they only got into the playoffs because two teams with nothing to play for rested their players the last two weeks, then they played perennial chokers in Carson Palmer's Bengals and Norv Turner's Chargers. This year they only made the playoffs because of a handful of fluke victories they didn't deserve(Denver, Houston, Pittsburgh, etc.), barely beat a Colts team that was absolutely decimated by injuries(not to mention one of the dumbest coaches in football in Caldwell), and they pretty much stood there while we handed the game to them today. The credit they deserve is for showing up and not doing anything directly stupid to cause themselves the loss. I don't respect them at all, and their attitude makes it even harder to bear when they back into all these wins.

If Troy Polamalu is at 100%, the Steelers will dominate them next week.

Old
01-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Dougie Seguin
2011 Cup Champs

Quote:
NO.........

This loss makes me want to go to Rex Ryans house and tp it and crap on his front stoop and light it on fire and watch his fat giggle as he tries to put the fire out...he is so fat it is redecilious..like did u see him run? he could barely lift up his legs..go on a diet u fat man..

Dougie Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:12 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Their defense was considered one of the best in the league going in. The only credit their offense should get is for not turning the ball over.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote