HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#45: Flyers @ Rangers - Sunday, Jan. 16, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
01-16-2011, 09:16 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

vCash: 500
So who missed their assignment on the second NYR goal? Z went deep and it was the man whom he would have been covering that scored. Should Richards have slid over to take that guy, or did Z make the mistake in going that deep?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:17 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Leighton and Boucher certainly seem to have that weakness... Bob remains to be seen.

That goal was brutal but I do think overall Boucher played well. Kind of a typical Boucher start, to be honest. Look very good for 98% of the game and let in a devastating softie.
Its the story of Boosh. One really cant be surprised. He will almost, 100% give up 1, at times 2 soft goals per game. Other then that he is pretty solid, but backbreaker is his middle name.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:19 PM
MCAKES

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
So who missed their assignment on the second NYR goal? Z went deep and it was the man whom he would have been covering that scored. Should Richards have slid over to take that guy, or did Z make the mistake in going that deep?
Z shouldnt have been that deep however he had the chance to get back into position

MCAKES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:20 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Has there ever been a team that won the President's Trophy and had no shutouts?

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:22 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
JVR has had one of the most snakebit seasons I can ever remember seeing, I mean, he could easily have 10-15 more points, but he's playing well and that's what counts I guess.

I am really confused why the Rangers (or any team) wants Avery. I mean, when push comes to shove, he has to be disliked in his own room. Guys like Ruutu, Neil, etc. may be pests, but they have a job and they do it.

Avery is a relatively gutless puke, I'd personally hate to play with someone like that because it's just embarrassing. Look at the way Prust handled his business with Powe (who he could have destroyed), you really think a guy like Prust who follows the code is a big fan of Avery?
I remember reading somewhere that his tweets to some rangers seem to suggest he is friends with at least some of them. The Flyers had Ken Linesman, now I'm too young to have seen him play, but it seems he was far worse than Avery. I actually like Avery, his actions when not against your team are pretty funny.

ilovetheflyers8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:22 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
This one, he got in too deep and even then, he had time to pick up his man, but was 5 or 6 feet off him when he got the pass, really awful job by him on that goal, wouldn't be surprised if he gets scratched again.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Kaktus*

Lavi said that Avery did not want to dance with anyone on our team.

A lot of guys wanted to go after him. What a *****.

At least Carcillo dropped gloves with Avery after Gaboriks fight and Dan did not throw punches when Gaborik was down.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:29 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Has there ever been a team that won the President's Trophy and had no shutouts?
It's somewhat of a recently created trophy, mid 80s or so was the initial presentation. As a Flyers' stat, only twice -- 1981-82 (defensemen were ravaged by injuries and Pat Quinn paid the price) and 1988-89 -- were the only years the team didn't have at least one shutout.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Cleary84

So what grade are we giving Walker tonight? I wanna say a solid B-.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Rangerfans

Good game guys.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
So what grade are we giving Walker tonight? I wanna say a solid B-.
Well, he was also kept off the ice like the entire 3rd period. Only 79 seconds. Not trusted.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Well, he was also kept off the ice like the entire 3rd period. Only 79 seconds. Not trusted.
I think I'd rather be sent to the dressing room than play 79 seconds.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

Yeah, he ended up with under 10 minutes total ice time too. Might as well just put Bart back in.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:13 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Post-game quotes:

Shelley: “A terrible third period in our eyes. We wanted to go out there and lock it down and give them nothing to be happy about. They get a couple goals, and next thing we know, we’re back on our heels for the last half of the period. Luckily we got the win.”

Laviolette: “We’re better than that defensively. They picked it up and when they got that [first] goal, they really cranked it up offensively, and we stopped playing the game offensively. The minute you sit back and just try and defend, you’re going to find yourself in trouble.”

Richards: “Whenever you play your division, let alone the Rangers, it’s always that much more interesting. You get that much more up for a game. To play in MSG is a big thrill, I enjoy playing here, but it’s nice to get the win.”

Carle: “We really put an emphasis on those 10 games. We kind of had them marked on the calendar. We knew if we did well in that stretch, we’d be in a good spot in the standings at the end of it, and we’re pretty happy about it. But there’s still 30-plus games to go.”

Old
01-16-2011, 10:14 PM
MsWoof

I had no issue with Walker. It's going to take a while for him to get up to speed.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I had no issue with Walker. It's going to take a while for him to get up to speed.
He's already had 8 years.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:16 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

A stat that shouldn't go unnoticed: blocked shots were 24-10. Of the 24, Timonen had 5 and Giroux 4.

Old
01-16-2011, 10:39 PM
2fast4u2*

Only got to watch the third period and IMO i think that Bob shouldve got the start and Boucher scares the hell outta me......those 2 goals were cheesy.Almost as bad as the LAST goal of the SCF that Leighton let in

2fast4u2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:45 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Funny stat thing:

Carle got 2 assists, both withing 10 seconds of a powerplay ending, to keep him at 0 PPP for the year

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

How about JVR tonight?? He didn't get a point but man he was skating HARD. He was making some power moves to the net and had a couple of good chances. When he matures physically and adds a couple more pounds, he's going to be a stud power-forward.

Roo Mad Bro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

To me Shelly needs to earn that Million dollars next game against NYR and pound Avery into the ground whether that little ***** turtles or not. ****ing destroy him.

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:11 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
To me Shelly needs to earn that Million dollars next game against NYR and pound Avery into the ground whether that little ***** turtles or not. ****ing destroy him.
We need the points, I'd rather him not do that. Shelley has been playing solid this season. He is rarely ever out of position and the players like playing with him. I would like to see Avery go again with Hartnell but I doubt he would do that since Hartnell beat him down last time. If anything maybe Richards will fight him like he did Cooke at the beginning of the game to get the team going.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:26 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

nice way to end a road trip. yeah the end wasnt pretty but ill take winning ugly over losing looking good any day of the week

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:29 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Don't feel like going through all the posts but can somebody tell me why this game isn't on comcast on demand? Was this game on Comcast or what? I was actually up in NYC and got to see all the tool Ranger fans walking around...also saw a good amount of Flyers fans especially at the Friday's near MSG where a burger cost me 16 bucks..jeesh..NYC for ya. Anyway, I was hoping to catch the game when I got home around 10pm but no dice! What the eff.....

Sounds like it was an interesting game albeit somewhat slow in the first two periods. I saw the highlights on NHL tonight but they didn't show the Carle pummeling ..was it that bad?

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I know this is late... But ****, this is an amazing GDT. Talk about being an encyclopedia. Pretty impressive.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote