HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tallon interview with Fialkov

Old
01-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Sports24-7

vCash: 500
Tallon interview with Fialkov

Didn't see this posted anywhere. Nothing too earth shattering, just figured people would be interested.

Part 1: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...tinel+Blogs%29

Part 2: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...tinel+Blogs%29

The part I found to be most interesting was this:
Quote:
FANS WANT A SCORER? Thatís true. What are you going to do? Those guys donít come around very often. Booth is starting to come along. Itís imperative he has a good second half to maybe be that guy. We will get that guy. Itís a matter of being patient and developing and drafting and trading for one. Whatever we have to do weíre going to get that guy.
We got lots of assets.
ON PETE? No complaints about that. Iíd like us to win more.
TRADING EXPIRED CONTRACTS?
I got to look at the big picture. Period. Whatever we do is big picture oriented, whatever we have to do for the betterment of this franchise long term, not a quick fix, whatís best for this franchise.
We got to continue to build through the draft like we did last summer and weíre going to do it again. What happens here the last month dictates how many draft picks we have.
It is what it is. Iím here for a reason. I got to fix it and thatís what Iím going to do.
To me that's good news. The guys in charge haven't been looking at the big picture enough IMO and that's why this team has been where it is for so long.

Sports24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 04:06 PM
pantherbot

sounds like he is planning on trading the expiring contracts. I'm happy to hear that's the direction he is headed. I await the trade deadline to see how he will actually follow through and how far out of the playoff race we have to be.

pantherbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2011, 04:15 PM
gizmo12688
OTL To The Playoffs

I liked everything he had to say.

gizmo12688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 02:38 PM
HockeyRulez
Lets Go Panthers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports24-7 View Post
Didn't see this posted anywhere. Nothing too earth shattering, just figured people would be interested.

Part 1: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...tinel+Blogs%29

Part 2: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...tinel+Blogs%29

The part I found to be most interesting was this:

To me that's good news. The guys in charge haven't been looking at the big picture enough IMO and that's why this team has been where it is for so long.
I wanna see some action, enough talk

HockeyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
There won't be any action until the deadline. We'll either be buyers or sellers. Tallon won't 'buy' anything right now because as he said he absolutely will not lose focus of the future, he doesn't believe in quick fixes. He's not going to give up futures right now only to find that we are out of the race by the deadline. And he won't sell off guys yet because he still believes in this team and we still have a chance at the playoffs.

This is basically a regurgitation of what he said when he was a guest on NHL PowerPlay last week. That's basically the outline for what's going to happen between now and the deadline.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:34 PM
KW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
There won't be any action until the deadline. We'll either be buyers or sellers. Tallon won't 'buy' anything right now because as he said he absolutely will not lose focus of the future, he doesn't believe in quick fixes. He's not going to give up futures right now only to find that we are out of the race by the deadline. And he won't sell off guys yet because he still believes in this team and we still have a chance at the playoffs.

This is basically a regurgitation of what he said when he was a guest on NHL PowerPlay last week. That's basically the outline for what's going to happen between now and the deadline.
That seems to be the case. And on PDB, he was essentially neutral. If my boss told someone in an interview he had "no complaints" about my work, I would take it as "ok but needs to get better". And DT did qualify it by "I'd like us to win more", which again means PDB needs to improve. I don't think it necessarily means PDB's job is in danger (yet) but it's not a ringing endorsement either.

KW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
That seems to be the case. And on PDB, he was essentially neutral. If my boss told someone in an interview he had "no complaints" about my work, I would take it as "ok but needs to get better". And DT did qualify it by "I'd like us to win more", which again means PDB needs to improve. I don't think it necessarily means PDB's job is in danger (yet) but it's not a ringing endorsement either.
Yeah, I guess. When they were saying how they thought DeBoer was doing a great job squeezing every ounce of talent out of this team, and then asked Tallon what he thought, he said something like," Absolutely." And not much else. Not a threat to DeBoer at all but not exactly singing praises from the rooftops either. It could just be hot air.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Sports24-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
I think Tallon showed in his first offseason he's willing to take action. I'd assume as we get closer to the deadline we will see some more.

Sports24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote