Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New England Patriots/NFL Official 2010 Thread : Part 3

Old
01-16-2011, 10:15 PM
nORRis8*

vCash: 500
Not cheering for anyone here on in nor for anyone vs the Jets.
Just don't care. Have no time. Too much on my plate.
I'll go with these excuses for now and add more when need be.

Also, I think the movie The Social Network was a tad over-rated as well and if I was ever forced to watch Glee, I'd go home and shoot myself.

I'm starting to feel better already.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:18 PM
nORRis8*

Also.....who needs a break from sports for a few weeks...say "Aye"?

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:25 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

I gotta admit, Arthur's meltdown is even more satisfying than I thought it would be.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:33 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Stay classy, Bart Scott.

reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:46 PM
81ragnaH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
This decade has not started out good Bruins Collapse, Celtics lose in Game 7 83-79, Red Sox have injury bug and then the Patriots lose in the first round. The only positive is that we started winning in 2001 so maybe we will in 2011.
almost like being a Boston sports fan or something

anybody else remember the good old days, say pre 2001? when we expected...nay, knew the worst was going to happen? that [insert local team name here...sans maybe the Celtics] would always find a way to blow it? i'm kinda starting to feel that way again.

81ragnaH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 10:57 PM
22Brad Park

Well earlier I got booted off cause I am not a Pats fan and spoke my mind, but come on mods tell me Arthur never deserved it lol,He is a disgrace,he cant even admit the Jets deserved to win and had a darn good defence.As bad as I can be ,I give credit where its due.Best team won!By the way,its still not a football site,its a Bruins site last time I checked.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Well earlier I got booted off cause I am not a Pats fan and spoke my mind, but come on mods tell me Arthur never deserved it lol,He is a disgrace,he cant even admit the Jets deserved to win and had a darn good defence.As bad as I can be ,I give credit where its due.Best team won!By the way,its still not a football site,its a Bruins site last time I checked.
How have you not been banned from these threads yet?

Just because it's a Bruins forum doesn't mean you can come into a Patriots thread full of Patriots fans and troll your ass off.

Arthur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Scruffy
Beast Mode

Best team won? Seriously? The Patriots played their worst game of football in the past couple years and somehow were still in the game til the end. Stop smoking reefer dude.

Scruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Shaun
beauty

Whats the over/under for Jets that get DUIs tonight? I'm going with 2 Braylon is almost a lock and I still don't understand how he wasn't penalized for getting one earlier in the year.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Whats the over/under for Jets that get DUIs tonight? I'm going with 2 Braylon is almost a lock and I still don't understand how he wasn't penalized for getting one earlier in the year.
Roger Goodell, former Jets employee, is in their corner. They break the law, nothing happens. If the Patriots or Steelers do anything, he throws the book at them. He's the most biased garbage commissioner in sports. Pats have a camera at field level as opposed to in the stands, and he steals a draft pick and a half million dollars. The Jets' coaching staff sets a wall in an attempt to injure the Dolphins gunner, and it's a slap on the wrist directed at their strength and conditioning coach as the fall guy.

Old
01-16-2011, 11:30 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
Best team won? Seriously? The Patriots played their worst game of football in the past couple years and somehow were still in the game til the end. Stop smoking reefer dude.
The Baltimore game last year says hi.

The bottom line is that when the momentum could have swung totally to the Patriots late in the game, Sanchez took his team down and stuck it in the endzone. Brady didn't respond. Today the Jets were the better team, and in the playoffs, one game is all that matters. Swallow your pride and tip your cap.

Old
01-16-2011, 11:32 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
How have you not been banned from these threads yet?

Just because it's a Bruins forum doesn't mean you can come into a Patriots thread full of Patriots fans and troll your ass off.
Told you already,this is a Bruins hockey site,not a football site,,I could care less who won actually,my team out long ago,Giants i just got preturbed at yer disrespect for opponents,NFL anyone can win like I said all along.One game playoff.
Why would they bar me ? Cause I am not a Pats fan

Old
01-16-2011, 11:33 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

i haven't lived in the boston area in almost 10 years.

i must have missed a lot to see a lot of people acting like spoiled, whiny, greedy children. i waited for my beloved red sox to win and would have gladly given anything in my life to see that happen. patriots fans used to be the same way.

the boston fan has been spoiled by too much success. you guys obviously don't remember what it felt like to get stomach punched in games like this. it makes that win in the big game mean more. game 7 of the 2003 alcs was one of the worst nights of my life. i didn't sleep for about a week and lost 15 pounds during that playoff run. but they won it next year.

nothing is good enough for people anymore. i remember this used to be an also-ran team that got hot sometimes and might win a game or two in the playoffs. success has clearly gone to the heads of a lot of people and it's kind of sad to think what has happened. the patriots had a better record this season. it got them a bye and home-field advantage. then they went out and played a team that was more prepared and executed better than they did. this happens. it doesn't lessen anything that the team did this season. they lost a win-or-go-home game because they failed to execute the plan. i don't know how else to put this guys: other teams are trying to win too! and right now until brady and belichick are gone, the patriots are in the sights of every team in the league.

but to act like babies about a game like this is just silly. they played what they felt was their best and got beat by a team that executed better. used to be that people in new england would wince, stumble a little and get behind the team again. now, everyone wants to stand back and point fingers. support the team or get lost.

robert terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Scruffy
Beast Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
The Baltimore game last year says hi.

The bottom line is that when the momentum could have swung totally to the Patriots late in the game, Sanchez took his team down and stuck it in the endzone. Brady didn't respond. Today the Jets were the better team, and in the playoffs, one game is all that matters. Swallow your pride and tip your cap.
Hell no, I will not tip my cap to garbage. They are all rotten pieces of crap and will get no praise from me. If our supposed Hall of Fame quarterback didn't piss down his leg the whole game, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Old
01-16-2011, 11:35 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Roger Goodell, former Jets employee, is in their corner. They break the law, nothing happens. If the Patriots or Steelers do anything, he throws the book at them. He's the most biased garbage commissioner in sports.
Seriously, dude, give it up. Goodell is best buds with Bob Kraft and has certainly made a fair share of the things from Spygate go away because it was bad for the league. Too bad he can't mindwipe the rest of America who remembers it. This is why people laugh at SOME (not all) Patsies fans when they lose and start pulling the conspiracy card.

Old
01-16-2011, 11:36 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by doakacola View Post
Go talk to all the people in the cemetery who never saw a Red Sox WS championship over 80 years. You don't realize how fortunate you have been to witness so many titles in such few years in todays modern sports. They weren't good enough today, whats so difficult to understand?

Incidentally those NCAA titles are meaningful in my book. That BU comeback was for the ages.
good post,, ,,especially with Yankees in same division. You my friend know the game of sports.

Old
01-16-2011, 11:40 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
i haven't lived in the boston area in almost 10 years.

i must have missed a lot to see a lot of people acting like spoiled, whiny, greedy children. i waited for my beloved red sox to win and would have gladly given anything in my life to see that happen. patriots fans used to be the same way.

the boston fan has been spoiled by too much success. you guys obviously don't remember what it felt like to get stomach punched in games like this. it makes that win in the big game mean more. game 7 of the 2003 alcs was one of the worst nights of my life. i didn't sleep for about a week and lost 15 pounds during that playoff run. but they won it next year.

nothing is good enough for people anymore. i remember this used to be an also-ran team that got hot sometimes and might win a game or two in the playoffs. success has clearly gone to the heads of a lot of people and it's kind of sad to think what has happened. the patriots had a better record this season. it got them a bye and home-field advantage. then they went out and played a team that was more prepared and executed better than they did. this happens. it doesn't lessen anything that the team did this season. they lost a win-or-go-home game because they failed to execute the plan. i don't know how else to put this guys: other teams are trying to win too! and right now until brady and belichick are gone, the patriots are in the sights of every team in the league.

but to act like babies about a game like this is just silly. they played what they felt was their best and got beat by a team that executed better. used to be that people in new england would wince, stumble a little and get behind the team again. now, everyone wants to stand back and point fingers. support the team or get lost.
wow what a post,breathetaking,,,

Old
01-16-2011, 11:40 PM
mortalzstop77

Quote:
Why even play the game then. If your record shows you're the better team, or if on paper you're better, why play?

sheesh....

The better team won today. Period. End of story.

mortalzstop77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:41 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
If our supposed Hall of Fame quarterback didn't piss down his leg the whole game, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Yeah, nevermind. You really don't get it.

Old
kytem2

Quote:
Roger Goodell, former Jets employee, is in their corner. They break the law, nothing happens. If the Patriots or Steelers do anything, he throws the book at them. He's the most biased garbage commissioner in sports. Pats have a camera at field level as opposed to in the stands, and he steals a draft pick and a half million dollars. The Jets' coaching staff sets a wall in an attempt to injure the Dolphins gunner, and it's a slap on the wrist directed at their strength and conditioning coach as the fall guy.
Holy moly.

kytem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Scruffy
Beast Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
wow what a post,breathetaking,,,
Your spelling and punctuation are atrocious. You get an F.

Old
01-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Scruffy
Beast Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Yeah, nevermind. You really don't get it.
Please show me where Tom Brady has done anything when it mattered post 2004.

Old
01-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Arthur*
U MAD?

Quote:
His trolling is harder to take seriously when all of his posts feature the English skills of a 6th grader.

Old
01-16-2011, 11:46 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Sorry i try,,too many drinks,

Old
01-16-2011, 11:47 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Please show me where Tom Brady has done anything when it mattered post 2004.
Better yet, what has Joe Montana done since 1990? Or John Unitas since 1970?

I mean, really. Make silly statements, expect silly answers.