HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dustin Penner to MTL

Old
01-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Kaen

vCash: 500
I'd say deals based around Eller, Leblanc, Tinordi or Montreals 1st would be the main component of a deal for Penner. There isn't a whole lot more they would even possibly offer up that would really interest me as an Oiler fan.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Forsead

Well Asterix I can't see the Habs trading Lars Eller from what I'm seeing of the guy he has mad potential and he could fill an hole we had for a decade. I for what he represent in the future wouldn't trade him against Penner one on one, even if the market say he as less value than Penner right now.

Also I think the Oilers don't have really good reasons to trade Penner ATM so I can see why the fans are asking for alot, but in MTL case I can't see giving them as much since the team is in no rush getting that kind of player with Pacioretty playing good hockey.

I think the two team aren't good trading partners for a guy like Penner. Perhaps Brule ?

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:16 PM
bleuetbio

we all love Pacman and he's difficult to get rid of but for Penner, after seeing him last night on Doughty to defend Hall, ok you get it. Penner for Pacman fix it. Maybe not the best trade for the Habs but Penner is the kind of guy I want in my club. That's said, I dont know why the Oilers fans want to trade him and Hemsky that much. Those players should be the wingers for Taylor Hall. The chemistry seems good

bleuetbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:38 PM
iCanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post
we all love Pacman and he's difficult to get rid of but for Penner, after seeing him last night on Doughty to defend Hall, ok you get it. Penner for Pacman fix it. Maybe not the best trade for the Habs but Penner is the kind of guy I want in my club. That's said, I dont know why the Oilers fans want to trade him and Hemsky that much. Those players should be the wingers for Taylor Hall. The chemistry seems good
The Oilers don't WANT to trade Penner...

iCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:41 PM
MXD

I'd wait 'till he asks for a trade, frankly.

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:42 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Well Asterix I can't see the Habs trading Lars Eller from what I'm seeing of the guy he has mad potential and he could fill an hole we had for a decade. I for what he represent in the future wouldn't trade him against Penner one on one, even if the market say he as less value than Penner right now.

Also I think the Oilers don't have really good reasons to trade Penner ATM so I can see why the fans are asking for alot, but in MTL case I can't see giving them as much since the team is in no rush getting that kind of player with Pacioretty playing good hockey.

I think the two team aren't good trading partners for a guy like Penner. Perhaps Brule ?
I thought the point in getting Penner was to get bigger... Getting Brulé isn't exactly doing that.

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 09:00 PM
SDig14

Quote:
They seem to get thrown into a lot of proposals because we are a rebuilding team and in a year and a half they will both be UFAs. However, no Oilers fans want to trade them unless we get fair market value or overpayment for them. We are best just waiting for a really desperate team to give us what we want or just keep them for the time being.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:11 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Habs add to Pacman or you can just add Gorges(come on, he's out til next season anyway), Oil will add something as well in that case.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:47 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Habs add to Pacman or you can just add Gorges(come on, he's out til next season anyway), Oil will add something as well in that case.
Subban + Gorges for Penner? hahahahahaha

Imagine if Penner was overrated!

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:57 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Subban gives away the puck too much, rookie or not, we have had our fair share with defenceman handing the puck away, I want no part in Project Subban.
The abslolute post of the year !!! Congrats !!! No wonder they are always in the basement. Management has actually brainwashed the fans into their frame of mind.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:06 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Subban + Gorges for Penner? hahahahahaha

Imagine if Penner was overrated!
LMAO, my bad, pacman had me confused with Pacioretty, like I said earlier, I don't want no part of Project Subban.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote