HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#45: Flyers @ Rangers - Sunday, Jan. 16, 2011 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
01-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Leighton and Boucher certainly seem to have that weakness... Bob remains to be seen.

That goal was brutal but I do think overall Boucher played well. Kind of a typical Boucher start, to be honest. Look very good for 98% of the game and let in a devastating softie.
I was just kidding, sort of. Boucher was great and has been. It was bad timing.

Then I watched the highlights around the league tonight and half the goals seemed to have been scored from behind the net. It's a weakness for butterfly goalies.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Don't feel like going through all the posts but can somebody tell me why this game isn't on comcast on demand? Was this game on Comcast or what? I was actually up in NYC and got to see all the tool Ranger fans walking around...also saw a good amount of Flyers fans especially at the Friday's near MSG where a burger cost me 16 bucks..jeesh..NYC for ya. Anyway, I was hoping to catch the game when I got home around 10pm but no dice! What the eff.....

Sounds like it was an interesting game albeit somewhat slow in the first two periods. I saw the highlights on NHL tonight but they didn't show the Carle pummeling ..was it that bad?
Check tomorrow... I usually catch it the next day...they don't always have it immediately..

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAKES View Post
Z shouldnt have been that deep however he had the chance to get back into position
Zherdev should have got called for interference for knocking Stepan down, then he went behind the net to clear and it hit either our guy or theirs. A bit unlucky, but he didn't go back out front to check Stepan, who scored. I'm sure he heard about it.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I know this is late... But ****, this is an amazing GDT. Talk about being an encyclopedia. Pretty impressive.
We're very lucky. MSE spoils the crap out of us.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:51 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Don't feel like going through all the posts but can somebody tell me why this game isn't on comcast on demand? Was this game on Comcast or what? I was actually up in NYC and got to see all the tool Ranger fans walking around...also saw a good amount of Flyers fans especially at the Friday's near MSG where a burger cost me 16 bucks..jeesh..NYC for ya. Anyway, I was hoping to catch the game when I got home around 10pm but no dice! What the eff.....

Sounds like it was an interesting game albeit somewhat slow in the first two periods. I saw the highlights on NHL tonight but they didn't show the Carle pummeling ..was it that bad?
I never did get to see the very beginning of the fight so I don't know if Carle even wanted to fight or through a punch. They both did end up with fighting majors but all I seen was the end when Carle was just covering his face and Avery was giving it to him pretty good. Shelley should have just went in beast mode like he did against the Canucks and start punching everyone to get to him but he didn't

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:51 PM
scottie doesnt know

Apparently Jeff Carter is a twin of Ville Leino. Way to go SI.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/?eref=sinav

scottie doesnt know is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:00 AM
PhillyCurt12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie doesnt know View Post
Apparently Jeff Carter is a twin of Ville Leino. Way to go SI.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/hockey/nhl/?eref=sinav
never mind using a carter pic for leino, wtf is jvr's celebration? looks like he's about to go on a slip 'n slide or something.

PhillyCurt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:38 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Yeah 3x!!!!!

Now everybody put your hands in the air.....yeah yeah yeah...Let me see your hands...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:46 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 View Post
never mind using a carter pic for leino, wtf is jvr's celebration? looks like he's about to go on a slip 'n slide or something.
photoshop....please?

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:50 AM
mypunkrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyCurt12 View Post
More like JV-Robot!

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:55 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypunkrock View Post
More like JV-Robot!

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:58 AM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Its the story of Boosh. One really cant be surprised. He will almost, 100% give up 1, at times 2 soft goals per game. Other then that he is pretty solid, but backbreaker is his middle name.
2.43 GA 916 S% yep he sucks

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:06 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
2.43 GA 916 S% yep he sucks
That's the same thing as the "Biron sucks" from a couple seasons ago when he was one of only 3 or 4 goalies that had back-to-back .915 seasons.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:43 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
So what grade are we giving Walker tonight? I wanna say a solid B-.
He's looked like a number 6 guy coming back from sitting out half a season with an injury... I mean, it's a tough situation for him (about the same thing could be said for Bartulis of course), he hasn't looked that good, but it's not really something you could expect from him.

We should try to give a rest to O'Donnell and maybe some of the others once in a while to have at least one of Walker and Bartulis a little warmer.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 07:58 AM
chaosof99*

The colossal ****head that is Larry Brooks actually wants a fine or suspension for Briere and/or Hartnell for touching Prust from the bench at the end of this game.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:06 AM
jb**

Avery is such a chicken ****. That being said Carle has to do a better job defending himself, really sad eh had to turtle to that weasel. No excuse for the enforcer on this team not to grab him and lay down a beating after he exited the penalty box. they were up 3-0 and that was the perfect time. By doing nothing is terrible imo. Something should have been done to him or one of there non fighters.

JVR had a monster game. I like the way he was going to the net hard and starting to use his size, wish he would do it more consistently.

that goal boucher gave up was a disgrace. That is the type of goal that doesnt show up in all you stats geeks profile. That is the type of goal that deflates a team and ultimately loses you games. Come playoff time there is no margin for error with those type of goals.

Last edited by jb**: 01-17-2011 at 08:14 AM.
jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:09 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
He's looked like a number 6 guy coming back from sitting out half a season with an injury... I mean, it's a tough situation for him (about the same thing could be said for Bartulis of course), he hasn't looked that good, but it's not really something you could expect from him.

We should try to give a rest to O'Donnell and maybe some of the others once in a while to have at least one of Walker and Bartulis a little warmer.
besides that one bone headed turnover he looked ok. As you said you cant expect much from at this point. It is clear to me bart is #8 or he would be playing. Been beating that rest odonnel drum for a while. I guess the play of walker will determine that.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:25 AM
2fast4u2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
That's the same thing as the "Biron sucks" from a couple seasons ago when he was one of only 3 or 4 goalies that had back-to-back .915 seasons.
And how good did his team do then? Hell Cechmanek did that for us hmmm i think 3 years in a row and then choked it up in the playoffs.............i think its time for Bouch to go...bye bye

2fast4u2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:15 AM
infidelappel*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
And how good did his team do then? Hell Cechmanek did that for us hmmm i think 3 years in a row and then choked it up in the playoffs.............i think its time for Bouch to go...bye bye
Remember when Biron willed us past a Montreal team that peppered us in the first few games of the series en route to an Eastern Conference Final berth?

Yeah, the team never had success with him.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Snipsnap12

Lots of negative goalie talk on here... I agree that its robably the weakest spot on our team but in the end a choice is made right?

You either spend your money and invest in talent for your players, or you invest in a big name goalie... I personally love the depth of our team and is the main reason why we are having the year that we are.

the importance of a great goalie went out the window after the lockout in my opinion... no longer is the nhl about scoring 2 goals and sitting on that lead letting your goalie win the game... its just too hard to do. Thats why brodeur has looked so average the past 3-4 years(yes I understand age is a factor but...)

Anyway ill stick with a stacked team and a goalie that just needs to do his job not "steal" games... it has worked for chicago last year, and it seems detroit always uses this formula.

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:55 AM
2fast4u2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Remember when Biron willed us past a Montreal team that peppered us in the first few games of the series en route to an Eastern Conference Final berth?

Yeah, the team never had success with him.
Thats ONE playoff series.......then he choked big time

2fast4u2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
Wow. I'm kind of surprised no one else with even a gold fish's memory called you out on this. Marty was a consummate professional (the same way Kimmo, Kapanen, Knuble, Gagne, and Laperriere are/were) while he was with this team, and he deserves a little respect for what he did.

2008 - Round 1 we beat Ovechkin's no. 3 seeded team in a best of 7 series. Round 2 we beat Montreal's no. 1 seeded team. Biron and Umberger Eiffel tower Price's confidence in the process. Then, the Flyers run into the Bylsma's second seeded Penguins, the eventual Conference Finalists. The team struggles to get out of its own zone, and has little answer, defensively, for Crosby and Malkin.

2009 - The Penguins continue to abuse a John Stevens' coached defense. We didn't have depth, and we didn't have a plan for shutting down Crosby. Still, Biron put up some very respectable numbers in a losing cause. Penguins went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:52 AM
Doyle

Boucher holds off Rangers in 3-2 Flyers win

http://nhlhotstove.com/boucher-holds...-2-flyers-win/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:00 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
2009 - The Penguins continue to abuse a John Stevens' coached defense. We didn't have depth, and we didn't have a plan for shutting down Crosby. Still, Biron put up some very respectable numbers in a losing cause. Penguins went on to win the Stanley Cup.
Actually that's not quite right. The Flyers were the better team for most of the series, but they freaking collapsed in games 2 and 6, and Fleury just flat out stole Game 4 from them.

But either way, Biron was definitely not the problem in that series. He even earned himself a shutout in Game 5. And of course, he was great in the 2008 playoffs but not even Patrick Roy would have held off the Penguins with the defense that was in front of him in the conference finals. Timonen out with a bloodclot, coburn shot in the face, Hatcher playing the last games of his career before eventually getting a knee replacement, Smith with a damaged arm, Randy ****ing Jones...

2fast4u2 is simply flat out wrong about Biron, and I guess this is also a reason why he now has an * beside his name.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2* View Post

That could be the first series in Flyer history where a goalie saw every shot that came his way. Zero traffic and the small Habs couldn't get to the front of the net as usual. That was also the best I've ever seen Biron play.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote