HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NAS@CHI 1/16/11 6PM CST The "Do it again" edition

Old
01-16-2011, 08:23 PM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Self dustruction mode in the later half of the third period for the 2nd time in 3 games.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:23 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Also this is the first game I can recall Lindback looks like the rookie that he is.
To me he has looked shaky in a lot of his games. This one he is being exposed a bit

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Predsfan80

Theres the icing on the cake lol. On to the next game.

Predsfan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:34 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Ok maybe I meant exposed a lot...

Old
01-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
What a BS goal that 4th goal was. The only reason Brouwer is able to get that open is because Kane sets a pick on Suter. Not only did Kane get away with the pick but the penalty was going to be on Suter.
I totally agree! It was a blatant pick there and should have been immediately whistled dead with an interference call going against the Hawks. Trotz was livid because, like me, he wanted to know where the delayed call on the Predators occured and why that wasn't called on them...

Losing Bouillon hurt and lead to a tired Weber and Suter in the third period. Lindback's gotta keep working on the glove side too.

OK, Chicago picks up a point on us in the home and home. Onto Phoenix, gotta learn from it and move on...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:37 PM
cleangene

A PRED is knocked out by a guy who scores the game winner.....crackhawks must think it's playoff time. SCREW ALL OF EM!!!!!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 08:38 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I liked Chicago as a kid. Last year I respected them. This year they can all **** off

edit: But I guess it isn't their fault the refs were idiots tonight... or that the Preds let up

Old
01-16-2011, 08:56 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I know Blum will most likely not get the call up, if there is one. But when do you think hes going to get his chance?

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I know Blum will most likely not get the call up, if there is one. But when do you think hes going to get his chance?
If I had to guess, he won't be wearing a Preds jersey when he does.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:37 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Tough to say. The general consensus among Admirals fans is that he's still not NHL-ready.

The organization will likely recall Laakso, but I'd like to see Josi get a look. The guy can skate and is playing hard, and is pretty good at starting the rush, which is something we desperately need.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:23 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I wouldnt mind seeing Josi instead of Blum or Laakso. Hes been my favorite prospect the last couple of years. (after Wilson)

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:52 AM
predfan98

I don't understand why we would call up another D... We have six, why carry an extra if there are 6 right now? If Sulzer can't carry the load, it seems like we would have sent him down and expose him to waivers a while ago.
that's just my opinion.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Dodgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
I don't understand why we would call up another D... We have six, why carry an extra if there are 6 right now? If Sulzer can't carry the load, it seems like we would have sent him down and expose him to waivers a while ago.
that's just my opinion.
They're on a road trip.
If something happens to one of our defencemen (late scratch/injury) then you need to have a body to put in there....unless you'd rather they put Belak in at D.

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:39 AM
predfan98

well that's true.... the last minute I can't play itis...

man, sucks to be the 7th spare tire D

no, no belaking please

Old
01-17-2011, 09:17 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

A lot of complaining about the pick on their 4th goal. The penalty Suter took that gave them the PP and 3rd goal is what I'm still upset about. Suter with an off night to say the least.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:53 AM
roseyc

You can't expect Suter and Weber to play great every night that is why when they don't and the other coach moves his best line away from S/W we get exposed. We didn't miss SOB sat night but we did last night. The Cube injury wore us down. Sulzer and Franson and Klein is the best of the rest we have in our system and they are failing. They are too soft and get pushed around. It's time we go get another D in a trade which shouldn't cost that much.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:09 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Suter did had an off night but any defenseman would struggle on the 2nd night of back to back if you ask them to play 33 minutes.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:57 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
You can't expect Suter and Weber to play great every night that is why when they don't and the other coach moves his best line away from S/W we get exposed. We didn't miss SOB sat night but we did last night. The Cube injury wore us down. Sulzer and Franson and Klein is the best of the rest we have in our system and they are failing. They are too soft and get pushed around. It's time we go get another D in a trade which shouldn't cost that much.
Asking KK to cover for Cube is one thing but asking him to play extra minutes, not have his normal PK partner (SOB) and then cover for an inexperienced Sulzer and Franson? Good Grief, Suter would struggle doing that on a good night, let alone on the 2nd night of a back-to-back where we go OT and then play most of the night with 5 dmen.

For all the KK haters/doubters, please find me a 2nd pair guy that plays the primary PK minutes in our salary range that is a true upgrade from KK? Guy was what, third dman we took in that draft? This is what, his 3rd season, 2nd playing every night? Seems we did ok.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:23 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
man, sucks to be the 7th spare tire D
I wouldn't feel too bad for the 7th D because:

1) getting paid NHL salary
2) travel on planes and not on buses
3) better accomodations when traveling
4) opportunity to see coaches face-to-face and work with them in practice

and
5) a chance to play in the NHL if someone else is hurt or needs to be benched.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:35 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
kind of curious as to why people are blaming KK on the first goal when,

1.) Cube gave the puck away at center ice. Literally passed it right to their guy
2.) Cube then is behind is guy in front of the net and then doesn't wrap him up when the pass comes his way.

While, yes, KK got beat off of the half-boards, it doesn't make up for the HORRIBLE turnover by Cube and then not covering the guy in front.

IMO, the non-call on Kane (and somehow Suter penalty???) on their goal completely changed the game. At that point we would have been lucky to win it. But to have a terrible call go against us was the back-breaker.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:08 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Asking KK to cover for Cube is one thing but asking him to play extra minutes, not have his normal PK partner (SOB) and then cover for an inexperienced Sulzer and Franson? Good Grief, Suter would struggle doing that on a good night, let alone on the 2nd night of a back-to-back where we go OT and then play most of the night with 5 dmen.

For all the KK haters/doubters, please find me a 2nd pair guy that plays the primary PK minutes in our salary range that is a true upgrade from KK? Guy was what, third dman we took in that draft? This is what, his 3rd season, 2nd playing every night? Seems we did ok.
KK was actually drafted ahead of Weber. KK was selected 37th overall and Weber 49th. Sulzer was at 92. Figured I'd state that while I was there already.

All in all, have to say that to get 2 defensemen in one draft is impressive, to get three even more so but to land 4 in one draft, wow. Let's see, on top of that, a top pair plus a number 3 defenseman. Can't ask for much more than that.

I agree with you on KK. I think his game has improved the most of anyone on the blueline since the end of last season. While he still has him moments, he has been pretty consistent the entire season.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:08 PM
JR303

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
IMO, the non-call on Kane (and somehow Suter penalty???) on their goal completely changed the game. At that point we would have been lucky to win it. But to have a terrible call go against us was the back-breaker.
Completely agree. I think by the look on Trotz' face he felt the same way.

I was also somewhat surprise at how tired the Hawks' forwards must have been in the 3rd. I mean it was so bad that any time a Pred got near them, they fell from sheer exhaustion. /Sarcasm

While Suter's penalty was definitely deserved, I was shocked at how easy their player (Sharp?) went down. And he wasn't the only one, but it was the 2nd most effective, trailing only the pick on the 4th goal.

Regardless, the Hawks were the better team, deserved to win, blah, blah, blah. Go on to the next one.

JR303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:16 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
One, who are you going to bring in that fits what you think we need at a price that is inexpensive? Franson has actually picked up his physical play as of late. I think someone told him, you're big, play like it and he took it to heart. Klein plays a physical game for his size. Still has some moments but has stepped up big time for us, especially on the PK. Isn't he leading the team for average time on ice on the PK? He's one of the reasons the PK is as effective as it is. Sulzer has played sparingly and when thrust into an NHL game has faired well. He's not the second coming of Bobby Orr but he hasn't fallen on his face and is a suitable number 7 right now.

Like I said, not sure what you expect but until you come up with an alternative, I'm pretty satisfied with our d corps. Granted, we got burned for 6 last night but we also have one of the top 3 goals against rates in the league so they must be doing something right.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:11 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
I wouldn't feel too bad for the 7th D because:

1) getting paid NHL salary
2) travel on planes and not on buses
3) better accomodations when traveling
4) opportunity to see coaches face-to-face and work with them in practice

and
5) a chance to play in the NHL if someone else is hurt or needs to be benched.
I agree with all of your above points.

I wonder about it's effectiveness in developing d men.

I haven't paid that much attention in the past, but the only one that I remember making it as one of the "7th" d men, would be klein. I remember that horrid season that he would be played for a few games and then koistinen would be played for a few games, etc.......with both under so much pressure that everything was magnified.

So, if you have the option, (which I don't think we have this year)) it just kind of seems it's beter to bring someone up from Milwaukee for a handful of games, then rotate them back down to get more playing time. (like we do with the forwards)

Old
01-17-2011, 04:01 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
I agree with all of your above points.

I wonder about it's effectiveness in developing d men.

I haven't paid that much attention in the past, but the only one that I remember making it as one of the "7th" d men, would be klein. I remember that horrid season that he would be played for a few games and then koistinen would be played for a few games, etc.......with both under so much pressure that everything was magnified.

So, if you have the option, (which I don't think we have this year)) it just kind of seems it's beter to bring someone up from Milwaukee for a handful of games, then rotate them back down to get more playing time. (like we do with the forwards)
I agree with your statement about development. I was just pointing out that from the player's point of view it's not necessarily so bad to be the 7th d-man.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote