HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Giguere Considering waiving NTC

Old
01-17-2011, 09:06 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool View Post
These are realistically the only teams he could be traded to that could use depth:

Montreal
Washington
Atlanta
Carolina
Detroit
St. Louis
Colorado

That's not a problem. Most teams have bad contracts they can send the other way.

No to Montreal
They have a $1 million back up doing a good enough job

why would they want giggys multi millions to sit on the bench?

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:07 AM
gabeliscious

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
If i were a team i would pay something 'conditional'.

Giguere
for
(salary dump *if needed) + conditional pick

depending on where the team finishes in the playoffs, and how many starts Giguere gets.

ex.
Stanley cup finals = 2nd + 3rd (maybe 1st) , Conf. Finals = 2nd , Any later = 3rd

So, he is given to a team where his success will improve his trade value.
what would the benefit be for burke? why uproot a guy if you might get nothing out of it? i agree that giggys value isnt crazy high but id think it is worth a 3rd straight up or we could package giggy with other assets for something better.

looking at the teams, i think montreal would be a great place for giggy to finish off his career. i also think he would be a great mentor for price. he also would be a better alternative then auld in the playoffs. not sure if habs can clear cap space though

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
EXACTLY.......name ONE Leaf goalie that left the Leafs and got better....Besides Parent lol
Tuukka Rask.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:24 AM
2fast4u2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Seguin View Post
Tuukka Rask.
he NEVER played a game as a leaf

2fast4u2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Darylman

Raycroft.

Darylman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:28 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool View Post
These are realistically the only teams he could be traded to that could use depth:

Montreal
Washington
Atlanta
Carolina
Detroit
St. Louis
Colorado
Don't see why Montreal would want him. Auld has done the job as backup and the Habs are more likely to be looking for offense then paying him as a backup to Price.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:38 AM
2fast4u2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylman View Post
Raycroft.
hmmm yes MAYBE Raycroft but lets see what he does the rest of the season....He is known for choking,but he does have a hell of a better team in front of him then what he had lol

2fast4u2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:10 AM
RECsGuy*

Giguere's career with the Maple Leafs...

42.42 W% (14W-14L-5OTL)
2.60 GAA (87 GA/33.4667 GMS [2,008 MINS])
90.72 SV% (851 SVS/938 SA)
2 SO

Bet you were expecting worse.

---

He'll be the starter in one of...

Ottawa
Tampa Bay
Florida
Washington
San Jose
Colorado

...by next season.

RECsGuy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:11 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I bet he'd be willing to waive it for the Sharks and go back to California.

Giguere has worse stats than Niittymaki, but I still think he'd perform better in the playoffs.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:31 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoote View Post
The avs wouldnt want him, we arnt a contender this year and theres no reason to pick him up. Wont happen
I disagree.

With Anderson becoming UFA I think the Avs might be interested in seeing if Giggy could fit. It's more or less a free look for them, to maybe find a diamond before possibly having to retool their goaltending over the summer. Also, do not discount what is in a name when it comes to the Avs.

Hennessy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Beerfish

I can't see any team at all being interested in him. He still has a 6 million cap hit does he not? He's far from being a dominant goalie and if he waives his no trade clause it is because he can't beat out Gustaffson and Reimer.

I suppose if the leafs took back a big cap hit it might be possible but in the end he just isn't good enough for a team to take on that kind of cap money even for one year.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:45 AM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2* View Post
EXACTLY.......name ONE Leaf goalie that left the Leafs and got better....Besides Parent lol
Fuhr did pretty well after his disaster with the Leafs.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:55 AM
noway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
I can't see any team at all being interested in him. He still has a 6 million cap hit does he not?
No. The hit for the remainder of his contract is based on how much time is left (not much).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
...if he waives his no trade clause it is because he can't beat out Gustaffson and Reimer.
Maybe he just wants to win. Or just wants to be in the playoffs. Or to play for someone other than Wilson. Or to set the table for a July signing with a team that has a good future.

noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:03 AM
93gilmour93

giggy said he would waive if it helped burke and the leafs because burke has done so much for him with the big contract he gave him and getting him to toronto because his kid needed top medical attention which is avalible it toronto. at this time of year teams are looking for depth and adding a goalie that has made the finals twice and won the cup once is a asset. yzerman traded for a 40 year old goalie for tampa so there's no way giggy would not interest a couple of teams.

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Giguere was ruined before he went to Toronto. I don't see much of a market for him unless it is with a team looking to trade salaries.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Shaun_W_W

I don't think we would get much for him but honestly if he waived his NTC it would be best for everyone involved.

It would allow Toronto to see what Reimer can do because he has earned a shot in the NHL. It would also allow both Scrivens and Rynnas time in the AHL since they both have put up great stats there.

With Giggy clearly not being in the Leafs plans for next year it would allow him a shot to catch on with another team who might be more likely to resign him or at least showcase his talent on a playoff team.

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

[QUOTE=Winroba;30263255]He may just want to be out of Toronto for some reason?

I read an article in the Toronto Star and I can't find the link as it was older but, he stated that BB has been very loyal to him, signing him to an extension in ANH, and than trading for him to get him out of Anh when he lost his starting job, so he states he would consider a move, he would need to talk to his family but overall he would consider waiving out of loyalty to BB, so that is pretty cool.

Also, he needs to get a contract for next year so maybe taking a run at the playoffs can help him, gives him more games and who knows how far he and whatever team he gets potentially traded too will go.

Seems like a good guy.

Blaylock38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

[QUOTE=Blaylock38;30266414]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
He may just want to be out of Toronto for some reason?

I read an article in the Toronto Star and I can't find the link as it was older but, he stated that BB has been very loyal to him, signing him to an extension in ANH, and than trading for him to get him out of Anh when he lost his starting job, so he states he would consider a move, he would need to talk to his family but overall he would consider waiving out of loyalty to BB, so that is pretty cool.

Also, he needs to get a contract for next year so maybe taking a run at the playoffs can help him, gives him more games and who knows how far he and whatever team he gets potentially traded too will go.

Seems like a good guy.
http://www.nationalpost.com/Giguere+...130/story.html

Sorry National Post

Old
01-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

[QUOTE=Claypool;30263322]These are realistically the only teams he could be traded to that could use depth:

Montreal
Washington
Atlanta
Carolina
Detroit
St. Louis
Colorado

Giguere in Detroit would very interesting (if it could happen) although I need Howard to play for my keeper league.

Old
01-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Sterling31
Takin' Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeliscious View Post
what would the benefit be for burke? why uproot a guy if you might get nothing out of it? i agree that giggys value isnt crazy high but id think it is worth a 3rd straight up or we could package giggy with other assets for something better.

looking at the teams, i think montreal would be a great place for giggy to finish off his career. i also think he would be a great mentor for price. he also would be a better alternative then auld in the playoffs. not sure if habs can clear cap space though
the leafs would get a guaranteed 3rd. But if the playoff team that he is playing for; makes it further. The pick raises.

I can see a playoff team agreeing to something like that. Losing the higher pick would be worth it, if Giguere is part of the success.

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Kaktus*

Giggy freaking stinks.

I do nto want Flyers even consider him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
depending on where the team finishes in the playoffs, and how many starts Giguere gets.

ex.
Stanley cup finals = 2nd + 3rd (maybe 1st) , Conf. Finals = 2nd , Any later = 3rd

So, he is given to a team where his success will improve his trade value.
dream on. He is NOT WORTH 2nd or 3rd and forget about 1st!!!

%899, missed 11 games because of groin injury and makes 6M. Are you freaking kidding me?

Last edited by Kaktus*: 01-17-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Nedved1*

Why dont they trade Giggie to the flames for Backlund. Or better yet, to the Oilers for Eberlae.

I think teams who are sellers should have to sell their overpriced crap to EACH OTHER instead of making up unrealistic proposals to rip other teams cheap young talent /draft picks.

Nedved1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:48 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noway View Post
No. The hit for the remainder of his contract is based on how much time is left (not much).

Maybe he just wants to win. Or just wants to be in the playoffs. Or to play for someone other than Wilson. Or to set the table for a July signing with a team that has a good future.
No.

His cap hit never changes.

If it was 6 million the first year it is 6 million the last year and everyother year in the middle

Old
01-17-2011, 11:49 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Giggy freaking stinks.

I do nto want Flyers even consider him.

dream on. He is NOT WORTH 2nd or 3rd and forget about 1st!!!

%899, missed 11 games because of groin injury and makes 6M. Are you freaking kidding me?
He'd the best goalie in Philly and come for cheap, can't see why you wouldn't

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:50 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

edit nvm double post