HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your 2nd line winger to Vancouver

Old
01-16-2011, 11:53 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
If this is the year, I say swing for the fences!

Semin for Schnieder and future considerations (if he signs here etc).

It is statistically possible Semin dovetails with the Sedins. If so, Burrows is good with Kesler.

This presupposes Salo doesn't come back for cap purposes.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
If this is the year, I say swing for the fences!

Semin for Schnieder and future considerations (if he signs here etc).

It is statistically possible Semin dovetails with the Sedins. If so, Burrows is good with Kesler.

This presupposes Salo doesn't come back for cap purposes.
Why does Washington need Schnieder?

This could be the year but thankfully we have a SMART GM (who didn't make it a 1 chance thing like Tallon did) and has this team locked up for a couple of years and at a cheap price. With young talent coming in (Hodgson, Schroeder...etc) we should be contending for a while.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
How about Stafford and maybe a pick (maybe a third or fourth rounder, for Hodgson)?
No thanks

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:46 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar2866 View Post
Drew Stafford? Sabres would be looking for picks/prospects...preferably some help at C. 15G 8A 23Pts in 29 games and on an absolute tear lately. Last year of his contract making $1.9M, RFA after this season.
i've been trying to armchair pry him out of Buffalo since the preseason.

definitely like what he could bring to our 2nd line. only real concern is that we could really use someone with a bit more of a playmaking edge. but it could work.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Intoewsables
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
How about Stafford and maybe a pick (maybe a third or fourth rounder, for Hodgson)?
If that's the asking price for Drew Stafford, I'd rather stick with what we have now.

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:11 AM
David71

dustin penner.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:30 AM
biturbo19

with the talk of Penner...if the Canucks were somehow able to make the cap space, and use it to trade with a division rival somehow...

in that alternate universe, i'd honestly make a pitch for Hemsky before Penner. having Hemsky as a set up man for Kesler would make for an absolutely lethal 2nd line. and it's not as though the cap hit is a difference there. obviously Oilers fans seem intent on moving Penner before Hemsky...but the need for size in that top-6 is still an issue even with Penner right now.

and of course, fellow Canucks fans would gripe about how a guy who goes to the net is needed...ie.Penner.

but to me, something like Raymond-Kesler-Hemsky looks like a top line on a lot of teams. a pretty huge luxury as a potential 2nd line.

irrelevant though, as it would never happen. and there's really absolutely no way to realistically fit Hemsky or Penner under the cap without decimating some other area of the team. and it's not as though the Canucks want to hand promising assets to the Oilers. lol.

Old
01-17-2011, 04:26 AM
David71

Hemsky is an interesting player but, is he the kind of person that goes to the traffic area to wreck havoc?

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:01 AM
Paladin2799

MacArthur is available, How about a MacA for 1st sound?

You guys are going far, MacArthur is the cheapest top6 winger on the market, and would allow you to make another move.

Paladin2799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:04 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
MacArthur is available, How about a MacA for 1st sound?

You guys are going far, MacArthur is the cheapest top6 winger on the market, and would allow you to make another move.
if only here were at all better than any of the various top-6 tweeners the Canucks already have...

Old
01-17-2011, 06:16 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Penner for Edler

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:18 AM
Hi-wayman

The Manitoba Moose trade Shirokov to the Canucks for future considerations?

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:48 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Something I'd love to see would be a move with New Jersey. Perhaps something along the lines of:

Mason Raymond, Cory Schneider, Jordan Schroeder and a 1st round pick for Zach Parise. This deal gives the Devils the young goalie they need to build their team around once Brodeur hangs 'em up...Schneider would likely split time immediately. Raymond isn't as good as Parise, but serves as a decent replacement on the second line, and Schroder gives the Devils a high end prospect to continue their rebuild process.

01-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Nachoman AlfieSavage*

For the love of god someone take Samuelson.............. please.... just take him.

But really, the cap really has the canucks hands tied. They simply dont have a lot of options. If they do anything, its going to have to be a package deal. In which case, having an average second liner come back wouldnt be enough. So either they make a package deal ... something like

Bieksa
Samuelson
1st

and try to pick up a young 2-2.5m rfa 2nd line RW who is playing well (which wont happen) or they do what this will most likely end up doing. Riding the depth chart. (just please for the love of god dump samuelson for whatever you can get)

Nachoman AlfieSavage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:08 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

MTL would have to offer AK46.

So the AK for Bieksa rumor would resurface.

You won't be saving a whole lot on cap space unless you dump Samuelsson.

AK >> Samuelsson

Roughly 3.2M is cap space.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
Something I'd love to see would be a move with New Jersey. Perhaps something along the lines of:

Mason Raymond, Cory Schneider, Jordan Schroeder and a 1st round pick for Zach Parise. This deal gives the Devils the young goalie they need to build their team around once Brodeur hangs 'em up...Schneider would likely split time immediately. Raymond isn't as good as Parise, but serves as a decent replacement on the second line, and Schroder gives the Devils a high end prospect to continue their rebuild process.
It sounds great in theory, but I'm not sure Devils are ready to give up on Parise yet.

-Who is our back-up for the rest of the year? Do we sign someone, trade for someone etc.? or Lack?

-Is MG willing to give away Schroeder and a 1st.

-Do we have enough cap space to re-sign Parise in the off-season? What would be the logistics?

-Does this move make our window for winning bigger or smaller, if smaller, does it make our short-term chances larger?

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:17 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
It sounds great in theory, but I'm not sure Devils are ready to give up on Parise yet.

-Who is our back-up for the rest of the year? Do we sign someone, trade for someone etc.? or Lack?

-Is MG willing to give away Schroeder and a 1st.

-Do we have enough cap space to re-sign Parise in the off-season? What would be the logistics?

-Does this move make our window for winning bigger or smaller, if smaller, does it make our short-term chances larger?
1. We can go with Eddie Lack, or pickup someone cheap from another team or sign a guy like Ray Emery to the league minimum.

2. Why not? If the return is Zach Parise I don't see why we wouldn't. MG has shown he's willing to move picks and was apparently shopping Parise + 1 for Hamhuis at last years deadline.

3. Yes we do. Parise @ $5M (similar deal as Kesler) gives us a lot of wiggle room still. Parise @ $7M is doable as well, but puts us tighter against the cap (assumed $62M).

4. I would argue it either makes our window larger or about the same. In any event, I think this deal significantly improves our chances this season, and depending on what moves are made in the off-season (ie. who's brought back) could significantly improve our chances in the future.

Also, if the rumours about Parise wanting out of New Jersey are true, this is definitely a deal I think the Devils would seriously consider.

y2kcanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Falconator

Samuelsson will be big in the playoffs...he's not going anywhere! I'd personally love the Parise deal, get it done Gillis. We have a lot of cap space for next year if we only sign one of Ehrhoff or Bieksa.

Falconator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:22 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
Hemsky is an interesting player but, is he the kind of person that goes to the traffic area to wreck havoc?
He's definately not a perimater player. Very eager to go to the tough areas of the ice (at times too eager). But he won't be traded within the division.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
1. We can go with Eddie Lack, or pickup someone cheap from another team or sign a guy like Ray Emery to the league minimum.

2. Why not? If the return is Zach Parise I don't see why we wouldn't. MG has shown he's willing to move picks and was apparently shopping Parise + 1 for Hamhuis at last years deadline.

3. Yes we do. Parise @ $5M (similar deal as Kesler) gives us a lot of wiggle room still. Parise @ $7M is doable as well, but puts us tighter against the cap (assumed $62M).

4. I would argue it either makes our window larger or about the same. In any event, I think this deal significantly improves our chances this season, and depending on what moves are made in the off-season (ie. who's brought back) could significantly improve our chances in the future.

Also, if the rumours about Parise wanting out of New Jersey are true, this is definitely a deal I think the Devils would seriously consider.
That sounds like it all checks out, I say why not, Parise on the second line is a HUGE luxury and would love to see that.

If MG could get that done, I'll jump for joy.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:38 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
That sounds like it all checks out, I say why not, Parise on the second line is a HUGE luxury and would love to see that.

If MG could get that done, I'll jump for joy.
A line featuring Parise-Kesler and either Tambellini or Hansen would both be offensively potent as well as defensively responsible. A potential top line on many teams, it could also be matched against other teams top lines and provide a very potent counter-attack.

Old
01-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Eklund officially reads HFBoards:

Quote:
On the Canucks...

Speaking of a team clicking on all cylinders but still looking for upgrades...I have been hearing the Canucks have serious interest in Versteeg at the moment.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...Philly/1/32935

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:45 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Not too sure what I'd give up for Versteeg. Perhaps Samuelsson, Ellington and a 2nd round pick.

Old
01-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Not too sure what I'd give up for Versteeg. Perhaps Samuelsson, Ellington and a 2nd round pick.
I think Gillis would rather move Raymond and put Versteeg with Kesler. He said he wanted more cup experience on the team.

Edit: Since Versteeg's cap hit was $3mil does that mean it's $1.5mil now?

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Samuelsson won't be moved, IMO--MG wants to keep his experienced players. And I doubt any team will waste a contract spot on Ellington.

My try at it...

To TOR:
Mason Raymond
Sergei Shirokov

To VAN:
Kris Versteeg
3rd in 2011

?

From the "deadline rentals" department, Jason Arnott could be had. Wonder what the asking price would be...

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote