HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #47 vs. Philadelphia Flyers

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #47 vs. Philadelphia Flyers
Artem Anisimov 1 0.92%
Sean Avery 3 2.75%
Martin Biron 1 0.92%
Steve Eminger 0 0%
Dan Girardi 1 0.92%
Brandon Prust 2 1.83%
Marc Staal 0 0%
Derek Stepan 20 18.35%
Wojtek Wolski 5 4.59%
Mats Zuccarello 75 68.81%
Other 1 0.92%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-17-2011, 03:21 AM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

vCash: 500
2 nights in a row they dont show up for the first 40 minutes. and whens the last time we scored more than 2 goals in a game?

and im running out of excuses for gaborik. seriously what is with this guy? if its an injury, sit him. cause if hes going to play and be invisible im not going to give him a free pass.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaranger View Post
really starting to hate this team lately, why cant the play in the 1st and 2nd
Yeah, but the way that the play their third makes me love 'em hard. Also, they don't play THAT bad in 1st&2nd, it's just that they have such a hard time scoring. I mean we have 19 shots on goal in 2nd, its not like we're not trying.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:18 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
2 nights in a row they dont show up for the first 40 minutes. and whens the last time we scored more than 2 goals in a game?

and im running out of excuses for gaborik. seriously what is with this guy? if its an injury, sit him. cause if hes going to play and be invisible im not going to give him a free pass.
The last time we scored more than three goals was with Christensen in the lineup, so who knows, maybe Gaborik needs EC more than we thought

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:19 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
The Good- Step, Zucc, Wojtek

The Bad- 19 minutes for Boyle and 18 for Prust is too much for guys who really can't score that often.

The Redden- too many to list
you stole my custom avatar! haha it's ok... I'll share it...

That game was a joke...

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:20 AM
lbrowne

I thought it was pretty cowardly of the swipes from the Philly bench that Prust took in the noggin, and of course it went unnoticed. Then again, it was too late in the game anyways...

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:44 AM
EmpireStateofMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
I thought it was pretty cowardly of the swipes from the Philly bench that Prust took in the noggin, and of course it went unnoticed. Then again, it was too late in the game anyways...
Yup that was Briere and Hartnell.

Quote:
Matt Carle on Sean Avery punching him while he was down: "That's the kind of player he is."
Haha says the player who has the likes of Pronger, Carcillo, Hartnell and Briere in his locker room.

EmpireStateofMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

This was beautiful:

Looked like Zuke had a whale of a game. Time to keep Z - Step - WW together from now on.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 09:55 AM
SKS

I've daily been reading the forum for a long time without registering, but wanted to express a thank you for the great pre and postgame work that Loffen and Wraparounds put in. I thoroughly enjoy the reading !

These are fun times for a hockey loving Norwegian who has lived for too long in the states, with Zucc not only playing, but performing for my beloved Rangers !

LGR !

SKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:08 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Well the Jets won..

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

They did not even play that bad in the 2st 2 periods. It was the special teams that killed them. They let up a SHG, a PPG, and a goal that resulted from the dubinsky penalty.

They had SO many chances to score, throughout the whole game. Drury 1 on 1 with the goalie takes a slapper, Dubi missed an open net, Prust got stoned, Gabby couldnt lift the puck. Newbury shoulda had a breakaway. Anisimov would have had a breakaway if he wasnt tripped.

Just to name a few. We have got to start burying these chances. And anything less than 3 points in our next 2 games is unnacceptable. Maybe this team needs cally back so they can play energized for the whole damn game. I kind of understood it last night though, with the 2 goals coming pretty quick. And in the MTL game they got all their 3 goals really quick too.

I loved the effort in most of the game actually. but I said before the game I thought Hank should get the start.

Blatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 10:40 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
"Boyle, Stepan and Wolski combined for half of the Rangers’ 36 shots on goal".

Your three best players tonight, definitely the GOOD

BAD - Marian Gaborik, Dubinsky - both need to bury some chances

UGLY - NY Rangers PP

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:12 AM
fredrikstad

Since I cant vote on this one,I have to say Zucca-Stephan and Wolski is the good.

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:22 AM
JimmyStart*

I was still recovering from my Jets high the first period but they pretty much gave up two PP goals. I don't think the first period was nearly as bad as many are making it out. I accidentally skipped to the mid of the game on my DVR and since it was 3-0 I said screw it and skipped a part of the 2nd. Wolski is quietly it seems playing well for us but all this losing and he's likely to dissappear. Gabs is now officially on the sh** list. he's not playing really well now like he was for a few games and is doing absolutely nothing offensively. I honestly feel he got hurt and will go back to being gabs next year but I would not argue with trading him. We'd get back something very good. i have confidence in Sather in that respect. I don't feel he'll be traded but if he is he'd net something great maybe in combo with some other players, picks, prospects. Drury needs to do the right thing and retire at the end of this year like naslund. DUbs is in a slump now too guy is missing wide open chances he buried early in the season.

the good Zuke
bad Dubs
redden gabs/Drury

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Just watched the rest of the game...

Boucher for Vezina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS View Post
I've daily been reading the forum for a long time without registering, but wanted to express a thank you for the great pre and postgame work that Loffen and Wraparounds put in. I thoroughly enjoy the reading !
Welcome and thanks.

Last edited by Loffen: 01-17-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old
01-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Avery316
guilty as charged

the good - Zuccini

the bad - I'd say drury but I'm not sure he dressed tonight. Gabby needs to score plain and simple

the redden - hartnell and briere on the bench - granted these things happen all the time and aren't caught on tape - but this time it was and they didn't even make it count, basically backed up what the organization and its players are about - being absolute jerk-offs

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBlackRanger View Post
I really like this post game thread...It's fun and thorough. Who originated it?
The idea for "Player of the Game" came from another Ranger board, and the idea for "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly" came from the Sabres board. I combined the two and gave it a Rangers twist. I made all the graphics though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS View Post

These are fun times for a hockey loving Norwegian who has lived for too long in the states, with Zucc not only playing, but performing for my beloved Rangers !

LGR !
Cheers! Welcome and thank you! Loffen has been doing it much longer though.

Front page is updated! Just missing The Dark Ranger's blog.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Injuries, our lack of true scoring talent, bad habits resulting from comeback wins, and opponents getting wise to our strategy and tactics.

It's all catching up with us. Starting to look more like the .500 team I predicted in Sept.

We need Cally back in a big way.

And Christensen...yeah, I said it.

Maybe DelZotto too? (not saying Gilroy is our problem)

I don't even mind the philly loss, we do not match up well with them, though I DO think they are beatable. It's Montreal tha we had to beat. not good losing to them twice.

Let's see how we handle this....

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

What if we didn't give up that ****ing shortie... WHAT IF.

Gotta win vs the Loafs on wednesday.

Old
01-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Finally, all media reports are in. Front page is complete.

Old
01-17-2011, 01:07 PM
EmpireStateofMind

Apparently Brooks thinks that the Flyers are in trouble with the NHL for the punches on Prust:

Quote:
The Flyers were upset with Sean Avery for taking on and knocking down Matt Carle with a right hand to the jaw in a second-period fight that was the first of the defenseman's six-year NHL career, such as it was, but it's the Eastern leaders who surely will have to deal with NHL VP Colin Campbell for an incident that took place in the final seconds of their Garden 3-2 victory over the Rangers.

For after Brandon Prust laid a big hit on Kimmo Timonen and was skating down the boards, both Daniel Briere and Scott Hartnell threw punches from the Flyers' bench that made contact with the Rangers' winger. That provides grounds for supplementary discipline.

Looking forward to the game on Wednesday. Hopefully they respond with a solid 60 minutes!

Old
01-17-2011, 01:45 PM
haveandare

The only real positive from the first two periods was the brawl. It was nice to see everyone sticking up for each other. Prust shedding some mercy of Powe was unnecessary but nice I guess - kinda dumb in hindsight but who knew Briere and Hartnell were THAT soft? I loved that Newbury wasn't about to let Walker step in and I was impressed that Dubi was willing to start with Shelley even thought that would be a hideous match up for him.

Avery hitting Carle while he's down is being way overplayed. He hit him maybe twice after Carle folded it up.

As far as the punching Prust thing goes I'm sure Philly won't be held accountable by Campbell or anyone else. Breaking the rules is okay as long as its against the Rangers - thats been made painfully obvious by this point in the season. I hope Prust remembers this next time though. I would LOVE to watch him beat Briere senseless. Take whatever penalty you get - somebody needs to actually make him face the consequences of his ***** actions.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Finally, all media reports are in. Front page is complete.
Very nice work Wraparounds

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:26 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpireStateofMind View Post
Apparently Brooks thinks that the Flyers are in trouble with the NHL for the punches on Prust.

Looking forward to the game on Wednesday. Hopefully they respond with a solid 60 minutes!

Briere has been fined 1000$.

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:56 PM
EmpireStateofMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Briere has been fined 1000$.

That'll teach him!

Old
01-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Just $1000? NHL fines are a pittance in comparison to some NFL fines.