HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Visnovsky to the Bruins

Old
01-17-2011, 02:11 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksFan08 View Post
True. That's why I mentioned going after Pitkanen for example. But if we don't get a good D man in free agency we're in trouble. It's a huge risk.
Chances of getting him are slim really.

It's a huge risk which isn't worth taking us IMO. Sets us back a few years. Just doesn't seem necessary when we're just a few pieces off being contenders.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:14 PM
KrugLife
Registered Champion

Sure, sign me up.

KrugLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Paul4587

Visnovsky has been awesome for us and trading him would create a hole we couldn't fill at all. The team is only a few pieces away from contending next season, it makes no sense to trade Visnovsky who will be a big part of whatever success we may have.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:00 PM
DucksFan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Visnovsky has been awesome for us and trading him would create a hole we couldn't fill at all. The team is only a few pieces away from contending next season, it makes no sense to trade Visnovsky who will be a big part of whatever success we may have.
Agreed. But how are you going to get those few pieces to contend next season? All through free agency? By trading Blake, Mara & Brookbank? Anaheim can't afford to lose any player who has value.

DucksFan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Agreed. But how are you going to get those few pieces to contend next season? All through free agency? By trading Blake, Mara & Brookbank? Anaheim can't afford to lose any player who has value.
Free agency and either the progression or trade of defensive prospects. Murray basically said the goal of building prospect pool was for the ability to deal them to get the final pieces for the retool.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:15 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan7 View Post
As long as Lydman is on your top pairing, you're a little ways from contending.
You mean the top pairing that is a plus 31 going up against opponents best line. while your top pairing is a minus 5. Heck our 3-4 guy a rookie in Cam Fowler is doing better then everyone on your team outside of Kaberle (who Cam is only 5 points behind). You have no place to talk cr@p when your team is one of the worst teams in the NHL.

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Free agency and either the progression or trade of defensive prospects. Murray basically said the goal of building prospect pool was for the ability to deal them to get the final pieces for the retool.
Can I have a quote on that? I can't really imagine he said it quite like that. Sure, by building up the pool the way we did it becomes an entertainable option again, finally. That I totally agree with. But I don't think he would look at it / call it "the goal". It's one of the benefits. But I would be quite surprised if he actually disregarded the possibility of guys like Gardiner, Schultz, Vatanen, Clark, etc. to get developed appropriately and some of them helping the organisation from within down the road.

Might just be semantics to me. But I agree that trading away prospects and/or picks can be considered again, if the right deal came along. We were not in that position two years ago.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:29 PM
paragon

Murray would never do it. Not only because the value is poor, but also if they start a rebuild by trading away Visnovsky, it guarantees that Selanne will also retire after this season.

Not only is Selanne still productive, but I bet he's also a pretty good cash cow for the franchise. It would be a bad business management to lose all that just for Wheeler and a slight improvement on a draft pick.

paragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Can I have a quote on that? I can't really imagine he said it quite like that. Sure, by building up the pool the way we did it becomes an entertainable option again, finally. That I totally agree with. But I don't think he would look at it / call it "the goal". It's one of the benefits. But I would be quite surprised if he actually disregarded the possibility of guys like Gardiner, Schultz, Vatanen, Clark, etc. to get developed appropriately and some of them helping the organisation from within down the road.

Might just be semantics to me. But I agree that trading away prospects and/or picks can be considered again, if the right deal came along. We were not in that position two years ago.
I'm quite sure he didn't put it out like that. However, it's true that he at some point stated they could make a splash when the time is right, similar to how Lupul, Smid + picks were traded for Pronger back in the day.

Quote:
We have the stars already, it's about building depth. A solid top 4 guy, a better backup and a forward who is an improvement over Blake in the top six is what the Ducks need imo. If Fowler and Sbisa keeps progressing, and we get a top 4 defenseman things are looking quite good.

Beleskey - Getzlaf - Perry
45-60 point winger - Ryan - Lupul
20-35 point 2-way winger - Koivu - McMillan

Lydman - Visnovsky
Fowler - 30 point 2-way defenseman
Sutton/Lilja/UFA - Sbisa

If Selanne plays another year the offense would look a bit different obviously.

Oh and:

2 more years!

Last edited by Elvs: 01-17-2011 at 05:46 PM.
Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
We can easily shore up the bottom 6 through free agency, good third liners are easily acquired. If Selanne retires, Ryan can slot into the 2nd line centre role and the secondary scoring can be built around him and Lupul with Koivu anchoring the third line. A backup goalie can be acquired fairly easily these days also. All we would need then is a #2-3 defenseman to play with Fowler/Sbisa. If Murray feels that we're in a good enough position to deal away futures for one then he can, if not then we go with what we have and hope for no sophomore slumps.

We essentially have a three year window (including this year) to compete with Getzlaf & Perry at bargain prices & Fowler on his ELC. A lot of quality players come off the books in 2013, whoever is GM will have a harder time after that as Getzlaf, Perry & Fowler will likely be looking for big raises and Lydman and Visnovsky will be UFA's.

Old
01-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post

Beleskey - Getzlaf - Perry
40-50 point winger - Ryan - Lupul
20-30 point 2-way winger - Koivu - McMillan

Lydman - Visnovsky
Fowler - 30 point 2-way defenseman
Sutton/Lilja/UFA - Sbisa
You pretty much beat me to it by a few minutes. This is my ideal lineup for next season. Ideally, the third line winger would bring a physical element as we've lacked an effective physical presence on the third line who can actually play hockey since Moen had his awesome season in 2007.

Old
01-17-2011, 05:49 PM
PhoenyX

No thanks from a Ducks fan.

PhoenyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
We have the stars already, it's about building depth. A solid top 4 guy, a better backup and a forward who is an improvement over Blake in the top six is what the Ducks need imo. If Fowler and Sbisa keeps progressing, and we get a top 4 defenseman things are looking quite good.
Once again, we are completely on the same page.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:07 PM
DucksFan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
You pretty much beat me to it by a few minutes. This is my ideal lineup for next season. Ideally, the third line winger would bring a physical element as we've lacked an effective physical presence on the third line who can actually play hockey since Moen had his awesome season in 2007.
That is a solid line-up but is Beleskey a 1st liner? He's pretty good alongside Getz & Perry but IMO we need something better than pretty good. Lupul would be a better option I think. But that leaves Ryan only Beleskey to work with. That's why I thought of Wheeler. If not via trade go after him in the offseason. We all know what Ryan can do. He can make Parros look good. I think Wheeler (who has good wheels, good hands and size) might be a good fit with him. He can be that 50 point winger.

What I really like is Getzlaf, Ryan & Koivu as centers. If Ryan can work on his face-off skills we have some pretty awesome center depth.

DucksFan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Quote:
That is a solid line-up but is Beleskey a 1st liner? He's pretty good alongside Getz & Perry but IMO we need something better than pretty good. Lupul would be a better option I think. But that leaves Ryan only Beleskey to work with. That's why I thought of Wheeler. If not via trade go after him in the offseason. We all know what Ryan can do. He can make Parros look good. I think Wheeler (who has good wheels, good hands and size) might be a good fit with him. He can be that 50 point winger.

What I really like is Getzlaf, Ryan & Koivu as centers. If Ryan can work on his face-off skills we have some pretty awesome center depth.
You're right about Beleskey, but if he develops further he may have the ability to hit 40 points next season, much thanks to playing with Getzlaf and Perry of course. Having him on the 4th line could hurt him from progressing into a 2nd line winger in his prime imo. And putting him with Ryan as you say, doesn't give Ryan much to work with.

Wheeler could probably fill a similar role as Dustin Penner used to have with the Ducks. If we could get him without having to send Visnovsky the other way I wouldn't be opposed to the idea.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 08:14 PM
caliamad

personally i think the ducks need:

-a top 4 defenseman to play with fowler. Sbisa is our best choice but 2 guys under 20 on are 2nd pairing does not sound good for either of them.
-dump brookbank and one of mara, sutton, lilja. Sbisa and one of the others make a great 3rd pairing.
-2way center that can win same faceoffs and would fit well with Ryan and Lupul (who is being wasted playing with Laparrie and McMillian). Next year this would be our 2nd line.
-Keep the Koivy Selanne Blake line together. Next year this becomes our 3rd line.
-Dump 1-2 of Marchant/Lapariere/Chipchura. None of them belong in our top 9 and the bottom 6 is crowded.
-Send McMillian back to AHL. He can play in the NHL, but he should be playing 20+ minutes a game in the AHL.
-Trade sexton and possibly bonino while they still have some value.
-Roll 3 scoring lines

Why do people hate blake, for $3 million cash, he's not terrible. His willingness to do the dirty things in the top 9 can't be under-emphasized.

caliamad is online now   Reply With Quote