HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky to LA

Old
01-17-2011, 12:08 PM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
I'm really not interested in trading Hemsky, unless Schenn is coming back in return.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:11 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
If we were to get Stoll Cogs would be expendable. He's already talked about being expendable although his role has changed and has become more valuable to the team.

I personally want Stoll back because he would not only bring the faceoffs, defesnive game and 40ish points, he would also although us to go change our PP up. He'd be able to go to the point, he has the shot to do it.
If Cogs is moveable, he'd be of significant interest to me as a Kings fan. What would you want? Would a 2nd get him?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:12 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
i'm in the minority, but i think Kopitar would benefit much more from a playmaker like Hemsky than he would a sniper... particularly in Murray's system.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:14 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
If Cogs is moveable, he'd be of significant interest to me as a Kings fan. What would you want? Would a 2nd get him?
I think earlier in the year a 2nd probably would've had him no questions asked, but now he has become somewhat valuable. I'd probably take the 2nd, just not sure our GM would. I think he'd rather make Cogs apart of a trade that would bring us something back that we could insert into the lineup sooner rather than later.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i'm in the minority, but i think Kopitar would benefit much more from a playmaker like Hemsky than he would a sniper... particularly in Murray's system.
I agree with you. Hemsky and Kopitar would form a nice symbiotic relationship.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Doughy better be making over 5 mill a season his next contract then.
I know he's chubby, but Doughy?

Old
01-17-2011, 12:29 PM
rockinghockey

All that Edm fans are saying is that if you want Hemsky it will be Schenn, if you don't want to give up Schenn then we will keep Hemsky problem solved.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 12:36 PM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyToHall View Post
Schenn is a pipe dream, I'd throw a parade if there is a Hemsky-Schenn trade.

That being said, I'd like a deal involving some of the pieces: Clifford, Schenn, Loktionov, Greene or Voynov.
Why? What has Schenn done? He's a good young prospect, but he's far from a can't miss. I think Schenn will be a good NHLer, but who knows how good. Hemsky is a very good NHLer, who seems to like it in Edmonton and may even sign another extension with the Oilers. You can't have a team made up of all kids with no vets, it doesn't work. If you knew Hemsky was not going to sign an extension, then you need to trade him, but if he is willing to re-up this summer, it would take a massive overpayment for me to want to trade him, and IMO, Schenn is far from a massive overpayment.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 01:25 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I am just curious if any Oiler fan can subjectively tell me what the impetus would be for Hemsky to sign an extension this summer?

I'm not trolling or joking around, just curious as to what Oiler fans feel are the reasons why he (AH) would be eager to sign an extension when you guys are at least one more season away from competing for the cup if not longer. Again, I think that you guys have an amazingly talented young team who, with patience can become a contender and remain one for awhile.

Hemsky to a team that is a couple of years ahead of where you are right now (of even closer depending on the team) makes more sense to me from a player with his skillset and at his age then playing on the Oilers for another year or two as you develop into a contender.

If I am Hemsky after dealing with so many injuries I would have to look at the next two years of being in my absolute prime as being very important so I wouldn't be so inclined to sign an extension.

But you Oiler fans have a way better feel than I do for Hemsky and his situation so if anyone can explain things to me I would appreciate it.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:34 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCider View Post
Why? What has Schenn done? He's a good young prospect, but he's far from a can't miss. I think Schenn will be a good NHLer, but who knows how good. Hemsky is a very good NHLer, who seems to like it in Edmonton and may even sign another extension with the Oilers. You can't have a team made up of all kids with no vets, it doesn't work. If you knew Hemsky was not going to sign an extension, then you need to trade him, but if he is willing to re-up this summer, it would take a massive overpayment for me to want to trade him, and IMO, Schenn is far from a massive overpayment.
I'd rather have Penner and Horcoff. They can mentor the kids, and there is free agency to sign an Upshall type guy

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:35 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I am just curious if any Oiler fan can subjectively tell me what the impetus would be for Hemsky to sign an extension this summer?

I'm not trolling or joking around, just curious as to what Oiler fans feel are the reasons why he (AH) would be eager to sign an extension when you guys are at least one more season away from competing for the cup if not longer. Again, I think that you guys have an amazingly talented young team who, with patience can become a contender and remain one for awhile.

Hemsky to a team that is a couple of years ahead of where you are right now (of even closer depending on the team) makes more sense to me from a player with his skillset and at his age then playing on the Oilers for another year or two as you develop into a contender.

If I am Hemsky after dealing with so many injuries I would have to look at the next two years of being in my absolute prime as being very important so I wouldn't be so inclined to sign an extension.

But you Oiler fans have a way better feel than I do for Hemsky and his situation so if anyone can explain things to me I would appreciate it.
he probably won't, I can see him moving to another team for a chance at the playoffs.

Old
01-17-2011, 02:36 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post

Hemsky is still young, dedicated, loves the the Edmonton market and what it provides and understands how talented the youth are on this team, Oilers are missing key injuries and have been losing games lately only by one goal. Yhe kids are only going to get better every season and once the team maintains its health, Oilers will be fire.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:41 PM
lakai17

Hemsky for Stoll + Voynov or Bernier

Old
01-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Zal

Quote:
Hemsky for Stoll + Voynov or Bernier
Stoll+Voynov. Either way, it would likely cost LA a pick as well. Possibly a 2nd/3rd.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 02:51 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
Stoll+Voynov. Either way, it would likely cost LA a pick as well. Possibly a 2nd/3rd.
Your the boss

Old
01-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Zal

Quote:
Your the boss
Well, it's just the market for forwards now and this offseason is slim, so they their price is likely going to be a bit higher than usual. That's my take on it, of course.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
LLOLOLOLOL Hey, edmonton fans, answer this for me!

When was the last time Hemsky played 82 games? Quick, quick, quick.. DING DING DING, NEVER!. He's a ****ing band-aid.

When was the last time he had over 25 goals? NEVER! Yet you guys treat him like ****ing Wayne Gretzky.

One of Teubert/Hickey/Voynov, Justin Williams (We'd have too many RW if we didn't trade one of ours away, unless Hemsky can play LW) and 1st or 2nd would be more than enough. Consider yourselves lucky the Kings are even allegedly interested in this scrub.
Classy. If a deal were struck with the Kings it wouldn't be for Loktionov or 2nd tier guys. Hemsky would instantly be your teams best offensive winger so if he's a scrub what does that make your wingers? As for Schenn, as long as Lombardi sees Stoll as an adequate 2nd line center he could be up for grabs, if he doesn't then IMO he's off the market. That said if Hemsky is on the block there will likely be at least 1 or 2 teams interested in him even if he is a scrub.

01-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Williams is an UFA after this year WTF would Edmonton want with him? We're rebuilding not just building the Kings up because we can. If you trade for Hemsky:

Smyth-Kopitar-Hemsky
Brown-Stoll-Williams

IIRC Brown played LW at some point?

That's not too shabby of a top 6.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:08 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zal View Post
Well, it's just the market for forwards now and this offseason is slim, so they their price is likely going to be a bit higher than usual. That's my take on it, of course.
Quality doesn't come free, thats for sure.

Old
01-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Williams is an UFA after this year WTF would Edmonton want with him? We're rebuilding not just building the Kings up because we can. If you trade for Hemsky:

Smyth-Kopitar-Hemsky
Brown-Stoll-Williams

IIRC Brown played LW at some point?

That's not too shabby of a top 6.
Yes

But our coach is obsessed with playing him on the right.
So the first question would be, can Hemsky play LW?

Old
01-17-2011, 03:28 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Yes

But our coach is obsessed with playing him on the right.
So the first question would be, can Hemsky play LW?
or else have a killer 2nd line of

Smyth-Stoll-Hemsky

Edmonton raised them well.

Old
01-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
lol funny guy.. Obviously Schenn's got a higher ceiling than Hemsky. If you want to talk like that, let's trade Ryan Smyth for Taylor Hall. Your counter argument just makes no sense, you guys overvalue Ales Hemsky. Brayden Schenn is a special player but in no way will he be traded in a package for Ales Hemsky, that's just ridiculous. Brayden Schenn is traded in packages for guys like Malkin, Staal, all-stars, not someone who can't even stay healthy for a full season or put up 25 goals lol.
On the first bolded item...saaaaay what? You can certainly make the argument that hemsky's value is hurt by his injuries but to say that Schenn "obviously has a higher ceiling than Hemsky" is nonsense. Hemsky's one of the most talented players in the league.
Not only that but he ACTUALLY DONE IT IN THE NHL. Schenn could put up Hemsky numbers someday maybe, but he could also end up serving beers somewhere with Daniel Tkaczuk.

On the 2nd bolded, sure he would be part of a package for guys like Malkin, Staal...assuming of course the other part of the package is Doughty.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Exaggeration makes you sound kind of....dumb. First, I don't see anyone saying anything that makes me think "Hemsky is Gretzky". The fact is though, that Hemsky is one of the best playmakers in the NHL, and Schenn is a prospect who has never played. The deal won't get done, because Edmonton probably would want a roster player and a prospect, and Lombardi won't do Schenn + for Hemsky. But, Hemsky does have a lot of value, enough that a Voynov/Muzzin/1st round pick package for Hemsky and a 2nd is not out of the question in terms of value.
Now we're talking, I even offered more than that..

Voynov/Hickey/Teubert, Justin Williams and 1st for Hemsky

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Why offer up Williams? He has been one of the best forwards on LA this year and has shown some of the most creativity. One step forward two steps backward.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:07 PM
HemskyToHall*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Why offer up Williams? He has been one of the best forwards on LA this year and has shown some of the most creativity. One step forward two steps backward.
I agree, Williams is finally healthy and breaking out.

I want him or Upshall next year in free agency.