HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Moulson to Bruins?

Old
01-17-2011, 04:31 PM
scott99

vCash: 500
Incarcerated bob is so full of ****, he smells like Newark. Semin is playing great for the Isles eh Bob ? Crawl back into your cell and let the big boys report on this story.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:34 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Incarcerated bob is so full of ****, he smells like Newark. Semin is playing great for the Isles eh Bob ? Crawl back into your cell and let the big boys report on this story.
McKenzie is saying not Boston...
Quote:
If the NYI are trading Matt Moulson, as has been reported/rumored elsewhere, I am told it's not to Boston.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
To be fair he's been spot on with MLB stuff.... Had the Langenbrunner stuff down to a T.

He might not get it right all the time but he's pretty damn good.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPPY13 View Post
Matt Moulson is a good hockey player on a bad team. I really do not think Moulson is worth more than 3 million dollars a year.(3 years 9 or 10 million max) If Moulson is looking for 3.5-4.0 million a year for 3-4 years I can understand trading Moulson. I know its bad PR for the islanders to trade him but its better to get something (2 round pick and a prospect) than nothing. Snow has done jack sh-t but I would not blame him for trading Moulson. It might be easier locking up Parenteau 2 years for $800,000 per and making room for EL Nino and our top 3 pick in 2011 (Gabriel Landeskog???)
WE ARE WORKING ON A VERY TIGHT BUDGET! It stinks but it is what it is!
Lappy13 I think you're right.I think the isles have a set idea of how much they want to pay Moulson and like Jason Blake a few seasons ago,aren't budging.

If we have to trade him,I hope a lot of teams join the bidding.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Tavares2TheRescue
#FireCapuano

Quote:
Just because it didn't happen doesn't means it wasn't discussed.

Tavares2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Incarcerated bob tweets so take it FWIW.

Quote:
**BREAKING NEWS** This just in from my Islander Source: Moulson either agrees to contract extension or he will be traded within 72Hours
Quote:
**BREAKING NEWS** Boston rumors are not true. Snow has things cooking with Thrashers >Stay tuned. Lets see if Matty wants to stay a Islander
Maybe a Bergfors for Moulson swap?

Doug Height is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:56 PM
StuDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Height View Post
Incarcerated bob tweets so take it FWIW.

Maybe a Bergfors for Moulson swap?
Is bergfors any good? or is he unmotivated and soft?

StuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:58 PM
UpperBodyInjury

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
NYI GM Garth Snow has indicated to Moulson camp he wants to sign player to contract, but negotiations have not yet really begun.

UpperBodyInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuDog View Post
Is bergfors any good? or is he unmotivated and soft?
I just know he was in the doghouse for ATL, and was on the trade block. 25pts this year, not bad I guess.

Doug Height is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:05 PM
ledzep1212
Watch Broad City

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperBodyInjury View Post
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
NYI GM Garth Snow has indicated to Moulson camp he wants to sign player to contract, but negotiations have not yet really begun.
Bobby Mac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ledzep1212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Isles Junkie

Save Us Bettman

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CREW99AW

Guys let's keep our fingers crossed that Moulson's rep and Snow reach an agreement.
I'm tired of seeing the isles deal nhl talent for picks/prospects who are yrs from contributing.

However,if they don't reach an agreement and the Thrashers are interested,would you guys be in favor of either of the deal below?Keep in mind the rumor that Atlanta's shopping 20/21 yr old Bogo.

Moulson+2011 1st for Bogo?

Moulson+Bailey for Bogo?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
burana800

When Okposo returns I don't see a place for Moulson in the first line. Would he score 30 goals playing in the 2nd or 3rd line next year? I doubt it. But if it's only a friggin 2nd rounder what we get then I'm pissed. Maybe we can have Rask or Thomas :-) Or maybe not.

burana800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:14 PM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Guys let's keep our fingers crossed that Moulson's rep and Snow reach an agreement.
I'm tired of seeing the isles deal nhl talent for picks/prospects who are yrs from contributing.

However,if they don't reach an agreement and the Thrashers are interested,would you guys be in favor of either of the deal below?Keep in mind the rumor that Atlanta's shopping 20/21 yr old Bogo.

Moulson+Bailey for Bogo?
I would do that in a second. Pretty sure Atlanta wouldn't.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:16 PM
TheBoss22

If Moulson walks and signs a crazy stupid deal let's say to Toronto for example. Would a draft pick look good right about now?

Or if Moulson is traded, and we get him back in the offseason. Would Snow be a genius?

I would like Moulson resigned but at the right price. Someone earlier mentioned Jason Blake. And if Moulson's agent wants something stupid like 4 mil per over the next 5 years and does a Kate Murrary "no room for negotiation". Then his arse is outta here!!!!

TheBoss22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Fairenough

Quote:
Originally Posted by burana800 View Post
When Okposo returns I don't see a place for Moulson in the first line. Would he score 30 goals playing in the 2nd or 3rd line next year? I doubt it. But if it's only a friggin 2nd rounder what we get then I'm pissed. Maybe we can have Rask or Thomas :-) Or maybe not.
Moulson is a left winger. Okposo is a right winger. Moulson-Tavares-Okposo played together for a while, last year.

Fairenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:26 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
To be fair he's been spot on with MLB stuff.... Had the Langenbrunner stuff down to a T.

He might not get it right all the time but he's pretty damn good.
Yeah, I heard Cliff Lee is super excited for Spring Training with the Rangers.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:26 PM
PhysicalGraffiti
Hates Stevie Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by burana800 View Post
With this team though, you can't say there's no place for him on this team. At the cap floor like we are, and with many guys who couldn't make an NHL squad lest they were on the Isles, I think he would do just fine on the 2nd line.

PhysicalGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:37 PM
peter021

Something just sounds off here.

Allegedly Atlanta has jumped in here recently with inquiries into acquiring Moulson. Allegedly Snow wants Moulson to sign an extension or he will trade him within 72 hours. Yet the two sides haven't even begun negotiations. Seems counterproductive if you really want to sign the guy to give a tiny window for his agent to get a deal done.

Is he worth 3 million/season? I don't think so. Good player, valuable to the team to be sure, but let's be realistic, he's had one 30-goal season and is on pace for 25-30 this year. Does almost two productive seasons warrant that high a price?

peter021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter021 View Post
Something just sounds off here.

Allegedly Atlanta has jumped in here recently with inquiries into acquiring Moulson. Allegedly Snow wants Moulson to sign an extension or he will trade him within 72 hours. Yet the two sides haven't even begun negotiations. Seems counterproductive if you really want to sign the guy to give a tiny window for his agent to get a deal done.

Is he worth 3 million/season? I don't think so. Good player, valuable to the team to be sure, but let's be realistic, he's had one 30-goal season and is on pace for 25-30 this year. Does almost two productive seasons warrant that high a price?
None of it's true, bud.

Say, wasn't Joe Paterno supposed to retire?

Wait, what about Les Miles? Thought he was supposed to go to Michigan?

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Renbarg

I think this is crap. I would jump on the right deal though. I'm still not completely sold on Moulson.

Renbarg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 05:56 PM
majormet

Moulson is one of those guys who beyond 3 million per year is not worth it. He is invisible on the ice a lot and really is just another version of Mark Parrish.

I like him as a player and see him as a good team guy, but he is not an impact player, and giving him more than 3 Million for 3 years or more would probably not kill us, but sets the bar high when we want to resign Okposo, Bailey and Comeau when they become RFA's.

Hard call, and I think it is wise to offer some ultimatum so that we know where we stand and can move on and get something for him at the very least, or come to terms with him in a reasonable manner.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post

Moulson+Bailey for Bogo?
Moulson+ for Bogo is a starting place I'd be quite OK with, but I wouldn't include our 1st this year, since it could easily yield Larsson who I think has a higher upside, is a safer bet to reach it and is just as ready (if not moreso). Moulson + Bailey would be tempting, but Bogo strikes me as a little risky to want to give up quite that much for him. Not sure what else we could offer as the + that would entice Atlanta though. Something around Moulson for Bergfors seems more likely if the Islanders choose to trade Moulson and Atlanta is interested.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:05 PM
malPHONEY

Don't we have things not created out of thin air to prove that Garth is a bad GM?

How do you people fall for this stuff?

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Yashin for President

I just have a feeling that the whole Moulson situation is going to give us Semin or another impact player now or during the draft. There is no way Snow goes into next season without a new impact player, I just think next year IS the year we look like the Blackhawks 3 years before their Cup year. I love the talent that is on the rink, some are raw but some just need a nice impact player to play with. Im confident in Snow.

Yashin for President is offline   Reply With Quote